It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to nationalize the healthcare system

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Healthcare is broken on purpose you fool. Quit trying to rock the boat.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: dfnj2015

For 30 years now healthcare insurance premiums have gone up 20% per year. Every five years the premium double in price. Now my insurance pays for NOTHING until I reach $6000. This is on top of my employer deducting $1000 from my paycheck every month. After $6000 I have to pay 20% of the cost until $7500. Once $7500 hits everything is covered 100%.

That is the crappiest policy I have ever heard of. You have a $6,000 deductible AND your employer deducts $1,000 per month for healthcare? That's the crappiest employer I have heard of, too. That just sounds too bad to be true. Who is your employer and what is your job? I'm guessing you wont say, which I understand, but this claim is begging to be verified.

I agree.
That is a terrible policy.
For that kind of money "which is way to much" that is a ridiculous deductible.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   
What American's don't understand and seems no one will bring it up is: When you have a national health system , these doctors and staff all work as govt. employees. That is what is stopping a national health program in America, but NO politician will tell you that.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

We did nationalize healthcare. It's only for about 1% of the population ( you are not in that 1%) and it has been a colossal failure. It's called the VA.

I am in that 1% and can confirm 100% it sucks. It's so bad I don't even use it. I have my own private insurance. THe VA sucks for a lot of reasons but the main reason is the union employees would sabotage Veterans requesting...get this; PRIVATE HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS.

They sabotaged it for years. It wasn't until Trump came along they finally started getting what they have been demanding. With the Choice Program, they can go to the local dentist. They can go to the local doctor. They can get great care in their own town instead of driving 50-300 miles for it.

It's getting better but it is still jacked up and will take years to improve. I don't know why voters ignore that the Government could not provide adequate care for 1% of the population but, somehow think it's going to work out for 99% of it. All I can say is ignorance. I have no other explanation.
edit on 7-2-2020 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
I'm not buying it, I thought he recently told us he has a minimum wage job in which case there would be no premium cost to him through the ACA.

He has no reason to lie. He wouldn't.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
If there is an opt out system so people like you can trust the government to take care of their health and the people like me can keep their current health care. I will NEVER rely on the government for something as important as my healthcare care decisions.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Companies are turning to the ACA for coverage for their employees at a growing rate.
Sounds like the company you work for already has.

edit on 2/7/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

So I wasn't alone in thinking it sounded like a bronze level plan.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

I'm sorry you're going through this. It would probably cost less to pay into national health care via taxes than for everyone to continue funding the insurance companies. ☹

Said no Republican ever. That's what Bernie Sanders wants.

I don't have health insurance or medicaid and I still say let us suffer and die. If we cant afford it, we should suffer and die.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   
What kind of policy do you have if your paying a grand a month? How much is your employer kicking in? I had bowl surgery years ago over 100,000 dollars spent a month in intensive care for infection, my cost zip. Was paying less than 100 dollars a week for wife and myself.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   
They told people to go jogging, it will make you healthier....or was it the medical industry wealthier. Maybe I am heard it wrong. I know a lot of people who have had knee surgeries before they are fifty, most of them jogged because it was supposed to make them healthy.

With the internet, word of how consuming collagen helps to preserve cartilage is being spread, no doctor would have told you that.

We need honesty in our healthcare, doctors should not be penalized for telling people ways to not get sick or fix their problems naturally, but they did get penalized for doing just that. Unless you get to a naturalist doctor of medicine you won't get help, but the ones around here do not take insurance, even though they are licensed doctors. They also cannot help a patient in the hospital if they wind up there, the hospital will not approve them to treat in their facility.

Both the doctors who practice the whole body medicine around here have patients that are doing way better since they switched to them. But they have to bill their own insurance companies, the doctors cannot bill direct.

We need to go to socialized healthcare and take out all the greed and high insurance costs for the people and for the doctors. That socialized medicine cannot include cosmetic plastic surgeries or unnecessary surgeries or procedures being covered. It should just be a basic policy which covers only generic meds too, not really expensive meds that cause more harm than good. If a person is eighty years old, they should not be spending three hundred grand for treating cancer when the side effects will probably be high and the person will only survive maybe a couple months extra.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Did you vote for Barack Obama?

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 01:19 AM
link   
The way I see it, all we have to do is ban health insurance as racketeering and let the chips fall where they may. If the people who work in the healthcare industry are really doing it because they care about people, they can live with a normal paycheck like everyone else.

Clearly health insurance is a racket. Clearly they have undue influence and they are essentially extorting people who cannot refuse to pay them for protection from their buddies in the medical industry and the financial industry. It is so obvious that the whole problem begins with the idea of insurance. It is an industry that is built on coercion, intimidation, exclusion and extortion. It's the schoolyard bully that always beats you up and steals your lunch money.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I just sent you a message. Hope it helps my friend !

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
What American's don't understand and seems no one will bring it up is: When you have a national health system , these doctors and staff all work as govt. employees. That is what is stopping a national health program in America, but NO politician will tell you that.

High school students working as a cashier at target for their first job ever make about as much as college educated nurses in the UK. We have a huge shortage of Dr. and nurses right now, what do you think happens when pay is cut to 33% of current levels?

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JON666

I pay just under $100 a check, so $200/month, and that gets me medical AND dental insurance. There is something seriously wrong with their plan.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

how would you describe the $1k that the ATS member tells us - is deducted from his salary - by his employer ?
edit on 8-2-2020 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: HalWesten
I'm not buying it, I thought he recently told us he has a minimum wage job in which case there would be no premium cost to him through the ACA.

He has no reason to lie. He wouldn't.

He has a lot of reason to lie due to his extreme leftist views which is why I doubt he's telling the entire truth here. The figures he quoted are truly outrageous. Of course there are regional variations, but my own experience is that I paid $150 per month for a $6,000 deductible for years until just recently. Not only that, he is claiming his employer deducts $1,000 per month for this! This does not pass the smell test for me, so let's see some proof. It has not been forthcoming. I doubt it will be.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

High school students working as a cashier at target for their first job ever make about as much as college educated nurses in the UK.

My daughter is a nurse, she earns just slightly short of £32,000 p.a - about $41,250 - for a 37.5 hour week.
Seems a lot for a supermarket cashier.

For the record; the NHS is great.
Sure, there are a few problems with it and it both should and could be a lot better.

Can't really compare it to a privatised health care system - you can pay private in the UK if you so wish - because I've never really experienced it.

Maybe its another of those things that are inherently different with our two respective nations and comparing the two is shear folly.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Blame Obama for your healthcare costs.
Best you support gettinmg rid of Obamacare instead of trying to make the situation worse.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join