It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does This happen to any of you alot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I will be listening to music then i'll leave to get something then i'll get a random part of the lyrics in my head and when i get back its on that exact part

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Some times I will be thinking of a song and then I will hear it on the radio or somewhere in public. It has happened to me a few times. I don't listen to the radio often so its not from crappy repetitiveness
. When this happens the song plays with in one minute.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I dont listen to the radio much either but every time i do it happens atleast once. Also the same thing that happend to you happens to me also.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Don't know if this relates or not, but sometimes I'll have this song in
my head all day at work, and I'll be thinking, man I havn't hear that in
a while.

Sure enough it'll be on the radio later on that day.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
yea it relates thanks for the post

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I have that happen to me now and then. Thw weird thing about when it happens to me, if i turn on the raido the songs on and it at the same place it was in my head. Very weird felling when it happens. Allmost like i'm picking up on the radio waves. Radio waves are just sounds waves any ways so any thing is possable(sp?) i guess..

Zintac

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Well, for me it was not so much the lyrics of a song, but I was listening to public radio at work and I was doing my usuyal cleaning of maxchines. I was outsode of earshot of the radio so I couldn't hear what was going on. As I was doing my work, I just started thinking about the opera Tosca (I just love opera music.) for some odd reason. As I moved clkoser to the radio, I could hear that the musical interlude in between news stories was an instrumental guitar version of an orchestral interlude of Tosca. It was just a little odd to me to hear that.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by madhatter
Don't know if this relates or not, but sometimes I'll have this song in
my head all day at work, and I'll be thinking, man I havn't hear that in
a while.

Sure enough it'll be on the radio later on that day.

I have had that a couple of times, but what about when you tell your dog to go and sit in the living room but you think it instead of saying it look into the dogs eyes and its as if he listens, he does what I say without saying it. This does not happen alot so i'm guessing its a fluke but it seems very weird sometimes.

Any explanations???

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I can say that this has not happened to me yet as ive been into electronic music , mostly underground stuff , for nearly 10 years now and im still waiting for any of that to be played on mainstream radio stations over here in germany

I actually think its got a lot to do with mainstream songs ala Britney Spears for eg that tend to get played quit a bit if not several times a day to help improve album sales , this leads to such songs getting stuck on your mind , we call them Ohrwürmer here in germany , and thats why all of a sudden they play on the radio when u have just thought about them .

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
This is not coincidence. Your thought draws you towards the desire, or thought objective. It doen't neccesarily have to be a desire, just a repetitive thought. You can slowly model your world that way. When you think of something you draw that reality towards you, if you are good and truthful, you can promise yourself that you will hear a song today, or promise your self " I feel better" or " I'm drawing positive energy towards me"

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I get the randomly thinking about a song, then hearing it out of the blue. I tend to think *thanks!*
when this happens. I also will be thinking of a very random song or band that I haven't heard in years, then talk to a friend, who randomly mentions uncharactaristically listening to/looking for the song/band I had been thinking about. This happens between me and this one person a lot... I will mention something and he will say "crazy! I was talking to someone about *insert completely random subject here* earlier today!!"

I have a lot of those moments where I will be thinking about something, then randomly see/hear exactly what was on my mind. (which I think relates back to the original topic more than the above example)

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Just your subconcious at work. If you start listening to a song that you know the words to, then stop listening, your mind is actually still hearing the song subconciously...you will then consiously pick up where your subconsious is....turn the radio back on, and you are in sync.

Not sure if I explained that very well though, but I know what I mean!

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Yes often and I find also i I have an issue going on or something i need to work out the radio seems to play many many songs fitting to the time specifically about what I am thinking of.

Like at the moment 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams', 'missunderstood', 'unwritten' and 'since you've been gone' get played over and over and over all day long and I just left my husband. The lyrics seem really apt and everytime I turn the radio on one of the four is playing and the rest play straight after.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This happens to me all the time, but not just songs, anything. If I hear about movie ive never ever seen or heard about, I guarantee myself I will either hear or see it within the next 12 hours, most of the time I do!

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kushi_Master
This is not coincidence. Your thought draws you towards the desire, or thought objective. It doen't neccesarily have to be a desire, just a repetitive thought. You can slowly model your world that way. When you think of something you draw that reality towards you, if you are good and truthful, you can promise yourself that you will hear a song today, or promise your self " I feel better" or " I'm drawing positive energy towards me"

Ummm... dont you think your reading into this a bit too much? I mean seriously. I believe in the power of the mind, healing etc, but come on at some point, preferably at the first step is consider "common sense". Just today I'm grooving to some tunes on my way to work, I go into WAWA, leave the car running... have the song I was listen to on the brain... casually hum it in the store (in a fragmented way) ... and when i get back in the car, its like i didnt miss a beat... the lyrics in my head were dead on when i got into the car.

Why does that have to be some profound "gift or experience"?. Common sense => I know the song well... and the timing, I dont need to hear the music to keep on time. No, miricles here. Infact when i was a kid it was game my friends and i would play...sing along with the song, turn the volume down and 2 min later turn it up & see if you were on time.

As far as the "i think of the song and then it's played on the radio thing"... even easier to explain. I promise you this will account for it 98% of the time. (people please start exploring simple psycology, before thinking you have a special gift- you dont need to have a special gift to feel special. We all are by default)

Anyhoo...
Chances are the song thats in your head has got there because you heard it already (within the past 12/24 hours)... you sing it in your head, its knocking around.. BUT you didnt realize/or you forgot that you DID hear it recently. You turn on the radio and bam there it is.

Radio stations play the SAME STUFF in rotation all day, all week long.... repetion is the key there. If you heard it on the radio and it gets in your head... then of coarse the odds are in your favour your going to hear it again on the radio. And when you do, you'll make some sort of "wow iwas thinking about that song" connection all the while forgetting how it got in your head in the first place.

If you dont believe me... go listen and focus an abstract song thats NOT on the radio... see if you have the same results.

Peace

[edit on 10-3-2005 by Serum39]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Well i dont really listen to mainstream things on the radio more like underground stuff thats not played much. So i dont hear them much.

[edit on 10-3-2005 by ApatheticTragedy]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Some times I will be thinking of a song and then I will hear it on the radio or somewhere in public. It has happened to me a few times. I don't listen to the radio often so its not from crappy repetitiveness
. When this happens the song plays with in one minute.

Its strange you say within one minute...

I have many different thoughts, sometimes of people or like you said a song and one minute later that person would phone or that show would come on tv or song on the radio etc.

I've mentioned it many times with my friends and It happens quite alot to me but its hard for me to get used to it.
A thought would "pop" into my head like "Oh I wonder what Joe is doing??" and then he'd phone...

But its hard for me to differentiate between a normal thought and one that gives me minute headsup??

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
That is part of another topic, strange coincidences, and this caN really happen. That has nothing to do with repeating same song on the radio this week or any week. I have no explanation why, it happens to me sometimes.

And this is really weird, I believe these are no more coincidences, to have a lot of coincidences then we have really little coincidence in this.

I just talk about something and the words from radio are exact mine.
I was talking once I was going mad, and on the radio was some song "I am going mad" words. Radio station at my friend I didn't choose, song never heard and still it was over my voice within seconds.

Also watching the movie, same phenomenon, I am to say something and they say this exact words on the movie, wow subconscious or whatever.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I was thinking about a song in my head and my girlfriend sang a specific part of the lyrics when I got to them.

Freaked me out!

Only happened that one time though.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Happens to me all the time!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join