It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UV/High K dielectric enhanced lifters.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The interesting thing about the lifters is that they work, and work repeatably. The science behind the lifter is a hodge-podge of ionic propulsion and field-effect propulsion, the later of which has yet to be determined. However, even with its blarring disregard for mainstream attention, the lifter has acquired an almost cult following of freelance inventors. Because of this many have speculated that the efficiency of a lifter is about on par with a helicopter, i.e. not that very efficient, but that efficiency can be increased to the point where it actually makes sense to use it in a transporation means.

A company called PFS(Personal Flight Systems) is one such entity that created, what they believe, is an answer to innercity/urban environments. It has coined the term MAD/MHD for its propulsion technology. I believe from what I have read that they use UV pre-ionization to enhance the efficiency beyond that of a helicopter. If true, then it would make sense to build a prototype... unfortunatly that was cutshort around 2003 because of lack of funding(read: lack of interest). Tim Ventura has a nice review of what he did over at PFS at American Antigravity, while he was employed for that brief amount of time.

Inaddition to UV stimulation mention above, higher K value materials seems to enhance the effect of the lifter even more. Some have speculated that given a high enough K value that the material in itself would gain efficiencies rivalling helicopters. Unfortunatly the materials are beyond the price range of many inventors, and some are still classified by the government for use on the F-117(Makes you wonder), so it is hard for many to go past the balsa wood/metal foil constructs they currently make.

Given funding many could possibly create the future of transportation on earth. It may not be "true" antigravity, but it a step in the right direction!

Sources:

www.americanantigravity.com...
Yahoo lifter forums

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Here is a much better site IMHO

jnaudin.free.fr...

www.blazelabs.com...

Some of it is in french though so you might need to use babelfish.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Oh yeah, I know all about J. Naudin, but thanks for the links! Naudin has unfortunatly moved away from lifters at the moment and hasn't made an enhanced lifter in quiet some time. I believe the last lifter he made was one that could lift his mouse(impressive, but still no hovercar). Since then he has primarily been focussing on alternative energy means, with his newest project on the PROTEF, a fascinating theory on one way of tapping ZPE. If the theory holds it will mean enormous amount of energy from conversion of Carbon to Boron and back again.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I think the real problem with most high-K dielectrics is that they weigh too much. The current lifters are only a few grams in weight. If you build your lifter too heavy it will not lift. So, if you start introducing Basalt, PZT or Barium Titnate (which are all easily obtainable) all of a sudden your craft weighs too much to lift by ion wind.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Also note that Nasa did some tests in a vacuum chamber to find out wether it was anti-grav or not(it was not as it didn't work in a vacuum).

They found the thrust and efficency improved 3 fold when in a pure nitrogen environment.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Yeah I would believe that the effect is probably attributed to Ionic wind, and not the field effect propulsion as some claim, however I will not rule out the biefield-brown effect completely. The Nitrogen efficency would explain the many resultant effects that people get in different atmospheres. I believe there is still much work to be done in this field, but I personally believe it can be used as an alternative to Helicopters in the future. There are some people I know experimenting with the idea of solid-state lifters, thus getting rid of the air-gap that the normal lifter has. How they do is up in the air.

On a side note the Naval research lab also conducted vacuum tests and concluded that it worked and that in the air the ionic wind was 3 orders of magnitude too small to provide the resultant force. Its something to ponder.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
What about the influence of electrostatic repulsion? I don't see this discussed often in relation to lifters. Perhaps the electrostatic repulsion decreases the weight and the corona discharge provides the direction for movement.

What I'm saying is, if you modify the wires angle to the capacitor so that it's in a vertical situation, you should be able to turn the 'lifter' into a 'mover'.

[edit on 9-3-2005 by electric]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
very sound idea electirc but the size of the mover whoudl it have to be adjust to move objects around?

i knwo must lifters i have seen have been small and choudl only lift small objects it hink i saw once a lifter lift a mouse which in its self is a very cool but i can not wait tell they can compact it enough to lift a human and maybe up to 2000lb's they way technoalgy is going today who knows it may happen tomarrow

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Yeah basically there is a barrier for this technology. Once materials like Carbon Nanotubes and smaller and lighter energy sources become available this could be a viable technology. I believe the gov't has already been employing this technology for decades now, maybe even on the B2(according to rumors only though...)

Hmm just imagine a Fusion powered lifter the size of a football field. Hmmmmm...

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
static electricity is gravity. maybe these new materials are not made on earth maybe they were made in space. remember the science project with the can. heat can to boilling put lid on it . put can in cold ice. what happens, the pressure causes the can to cave in. in this exsperiment, do you think that this same exsperiment will crush the can in space. probably not , or the space shuttle would turn out to be a squished can. gravity on an object squished the can. these lifters, use static electricity to propell them. i think that the lifter could be improved if the water in the air was taken out.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Lifters are cool stuff... but without some way to stack them the sheer surface area they require makes them a semi difficult technology.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
i dont own one, but what happens when you spin them by one another ,they should do nothing, repel, or attract. if they repel or attract then what happens when you spin them, it should intensify this effect , does it not?

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
so you are thinking like a lifter rotor? because i always envisioned lifter honey combs as more of the answer.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I have been thinking about this topic quite a bit lately. Sample the link below:

www.americanantigravity.com...

Pretty interesting. It is a motor that converts centrifugal force into linear force. Think about that for a moment . . . No need for wings, rotors, or anything utilizing the bernoulli (SP?) principle. I had a similar idea a coupla years back, and abandoned work on it when I found out there was already a patent. BTW, this violates one of Newton's laws of physics.

-P

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
The cook motor concept makes my head hurt

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The Robert Cook Device

heres a link to his website:
www.forceborne.com...
Im not too sure about the cook device, he's had so many tests conducted on his device by legitimate companies yet nothing has come of his work.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Maybe I lack imagination but the monstrosity I see looks more like an ultra complex cutting jig or vise than any sort of motor.

top topics

join