It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh reveals advanced lung cancer diagnosis

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh revealed that he has been diagnosed with advanced lung cancer.

On his radio show Monday, Limbaugh, 69, also said that he would likely miss some time on the program while he undergoes treatment.

Rush Limbaugh reveals advanced lung cancer diagnosis

Very sad news for a very influential man. He helped shape the media landscape, that much cannot be denied. While I'm not a fan of pundits, the man has a solid show day in and day out. I actually like his style since he isn't the raging type and has some fun with it.

Whatever your view on him, I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

Sorry for the source, not much is out... He just announced it.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

That's a damned shame.

Also in before the gleeful posts.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

That's a damned shame.

Also in before the gleeful posts.

Hopefully there won't be any. This is a horrible thing to happen to anyone... And at a certain point, humanity and being sympathetic to someone's health should supercede politics.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Oh please.

You're too nice.

If it was Hillary, I'd be popping champagne!

Rush is a partisan, he's a polarizing figure. Don't expect nice words, a respectful media, sorrowful politicians on the left.

They'll be dancing in the streets.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I'm still shocked by his announcement...but he handled it with classic grace and dignity.
I first met him in NYC years ago and found him to be a wonderful and very kind man.
Rush will be in my prayers...and I wish him many more years of broadcast Excellence.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I have never really listened to Rush but I am sad to hear the news.

I sure hope there are better treatments available now than there were 6 yrs ago.

And I'm sure the Left is all over Twitter celebrating like the pond scum they are.
edit on 3-2-2020 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I saw a lot of hate on here for McCain and Bush Sr... It wasn't isolated to the left.

There are people I really don't care for... But there comes times you just set it aside. These people have families, and many in those families didn't do wrong to us... They're gonna be effected. So it's rare someone would see jubilation out of me when rough news like this hits. But I'm human, and I slip from time to time.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Oh please.

You're too nice.

If it was Hillary, I'd be popping champagne!

Rush is a partisan, he's a polarizing figure. Don't expect nice words, a respectful media, sorrowful politicians on the left.

They'll be dancing in the streets.

Don't ever lower yourself to the level of the Left. I wouldn't even celebrate if Rotten were to be diagnosed with a horrible disease.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Very sad news...anyone who gets this awful disease. I watched my father be consumed by lung cancer, literally ,as it matasticized to his bones, liver and brain...his pain was immense.

I don't wish it on anyone.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I'm still shocked by his announcement...but he handled it with classic grace and dignity.
I first met him in NYC years ago and found him to be a wonderful and very kind man.
Rush will be in my prayers...and I wish him many more years of broadcast Excellence.
Totally agree

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Really? I pegged you above that.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Really? I pegged you above that.

At best I'd keep my mouth shut and not say a thing, but I can't say I'd be nice.

**shrugs*

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Not a fan, but I wish him a speedy recovery.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Say what you will, but the man revitalized AM radio into a profitable medium again. Even small market stations that couldn’t afford his or other’s simulcast subscriptions could still hire local talent and remain on air. Some stations eventually found that they could sell air time for outside programming.

Beats the current trend of selling and reformatting to Mexican Radio. Which I still cannot figure that trend out, but seen it happen to many stations.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I would never be gleeful about political opponents' health problems

Maybe a Hitler type or ISIS leader

All too many times, I've known people with the opposite politics as myself and their great people.

So, that has taught me to judge people by their actions, not their concepts or politics.

Here, I'll only mention that I think Limbaugh use to deny that 2nd hand smoke was harmful.

edit on 3-2-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I friggin hate the C word, my long term partner and soulmate and soon to be wife has been diagnosed in the run up to Christmas with brain cancer, she is only 43. Its a vile disease and we need to find a cure somehow, no one deserves those words from any doctor, it was the worst day of my and my partners life when we were told, I can only imagine it was the same for Rush.

I have the deepest sympathy for anyone who has been given this news.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Say what you will, but the man revitalized AM radio into a profitable medium again. Even small market stations that couldn’t afford his or other’s simulcast subscriptions could still hire local talent and remain on air. Some stations eventually found that they could sell air time for outside programming.

Beats the current trend of selling and reformatting to Mexican Radio. Which I still cannot figure that trend out, but seen it happen to many stations.

You can thank pervy Bill Clinton for decline in radio that we have all seen. News as well.
That jerk did more damage to our country than even Zero did.

But I digress. This is about Rush and I agree with you, he revitalized talk radio and started the conservative radio boom we have seen in the past 30 years.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Very sorry to hear the news about your soul mate.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

My heart goes out to you. I don't pray as often any more, but having recently been there with my Dad, I just did for your partner.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Unfortunate that he has not groomed a replacement, as he is irreplaceable.

I wish him the best and will be rooting for him.

He chain-smokes cigars which, along with pipe tobacco, should not be inhaled. People do it anyway.

😕

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join