It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV rapid Pandemic transmission related to HIV?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

So a survivor of the virus can't donate blood ?

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Hmm have you ever had influenza?

You immune system fights most off.

Yeah your body gets rid of the symptoms it causes but the virus stays in your body.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

I say that because I believe mainstream pharma will say "incurable" due to the fact they have no pill that straight up eradicates the viral infection.

Vaccines are preventative, antivirals like relenza only slow replication down to give your immune system more time, and it's well known antibiotics have no effect.

Because nature's remedy (food, herbs, honey, etc) is cheap, and because they don't invest much into testing basic solutions, we are left with "no official cure".

The word cure here is used out of context, as the context reveals that it is only half-true.

Thanks for the explanation.

I remember in health class in middle school the teacher said viruses are incurable. That was a long time ago hahaha

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

I do agree that if the information supplied is true, that this strain of Corona was almost certainly engineered by humans. I just can't see how this would naturally occur - but I'm open minded enough to consider a 1% chance that it naturally developed on its own like this.

I admit I need a lot more information to solidify my hunch, but it could take significant research.

What I first would do is compare a few dozen common viruses and examine the differences between similar genetic markers and see if this indeed truly is only found in HIV in this format.

I don't have access to a BSL 3 or 4 lab or enough documents on the subject, so I am just guesstimating here.

But yeah, it looks designed(?). I want to know more. I'm open to many possibilities here.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Does this make 2019-nCoV a retrovirus? If not, what kind of RNA virus is it?

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: Bicent

Hmm have you ever had influenza?

You immune system fights most off.

Yeah your body gets rid of the symptoms it causes but the virus stays in your body.

That may be true in some cases(?), but theoretically your immune system can beat many viruses 100% and there will be no functioning virus left. Not even 1.

We currently lack the technology to scan the entire body electromagnetically and get a full read out on every single cell and particle in our body with high accuracy.

Perhaps in 50 to 100 years we will have handheld devices that can scan a body, diagnose, and then via specific frequency soundwaves (or other type of energy wave) we could target and obliterate any virus or bacteria? I hope so.

Point is, this is all theory and we are only in the first few centuries of development and cannot absolutely be sure 100% how all this works.

That's why I keep saying theoretically and why I sought to underline the semantic and philosophical issues in our language.

The theory being that our immune system does indeed fully eradicate the infection and that is why the symptoms disappear and you no longer act as a vector spreading the infection.

Remember, a virus that does not actively infect any cells is essentially a clump of molecules, cannot spread, and is therefore just garbage and a remnant of what once was a virus. So it becomes nil.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Does this make 2019-nCoV a retrovirus? If not, what kind of RNA virus is it?

It is a positive-sense, single-stranded RNA coronavirus.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

So a survivor of the virus can't donate blood ?

It depends on which virus.

Let's say you caught a cold and five years later donate blood.

I should be able to accept a transfusion without becoming infected with every cold you ever got.

Now if you donated blood while in the middle of an infection, I may be at risk.

Something like HIV can be a lasting ongoing active infection, so that's why blood from an HIV+ doner is so dangerous.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

It “behaves” like the HIV 1 retrovirus but is not classified as such, the delivery system is still the Coronavirus type.

The insidious part is that it infects healthy cells like HIV.

As far as I can gather, the RNA strand is similar to the Spanish Swine Flu that basically ended WW1. Nobody in the population had any immunity to that virus and this is similar enough that they named it “novel” or “unique”. The Spanish Seine Flu appeared from nowhere and disappeared the same way.

Because of MERS and SARS they are ready to track pandemics. The Ebola scare also helped. That is why there is a lockdown.

Good news, it is less deadly than the common flu. Bad news, since nobody has any immunity buildup, and the huge population of city centers connected with Wuhan, a huge amount of people might be infected.

Sorry I don’t know about the RNA part but is the respiratory system that bears the brunt.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I estimate that all of us will be exposed to this outbreak eventually considering it's ability to spread so well.

I also presume that more than half of us will beat the infection before any symptoms become visible.

I do expect everyone to be infected at some point, just most of us will not notice.

I base this only on what we know so far and remain cautious that this could evolve into something much more serious.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
If Corona is an engineered virus...to what end. Who is the targeted victim and why? Georgia Guide Stone vibe!

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Here is the wiki on RNA virus classification:

RNA viruses

If you are curious have a scan, the intro explains the main points pretty well.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
If Corona is an engineered virus...to what end. Who is the targeted victim and why? Georgia Guide Stone vibe!

They could have just been tinkering with it purely for research and it accidentally released.

That's a huge deal and really causes concern because it makes all biolabs everywhere look sketchy quick if we realize they aren't following protocol correctly.

If it were purposely inserted into the population than the motives are not clear yet as for the endgame. It could be a soft test to map and model it's spread or effects, etc.

It doesn't appear to be a depopulation motive though, as this appears far too weak to even be a legitimate candidate for apocalypse.

Have you ever read Dan Brown's book Inferno? It's all about this topic and I highly recommend it, it was his best novel. The movies are lame so read the book first, it's actually pretty good IMHO.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I'm not so sure that the virus is as benign as the media has led us to believe. China's attempt at containment is massive, and I read the other day from Reuters that the price if oil is dropping due to fears associated with the coronavirus. Couple that with the market drops I saw in a thread posted earlier, this might be an actual threat.

Sorry, no links for now, just Google it. It's all mainstream.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Perhaps the reason that China manipulated this virus is exactly what you said. There is enough press on it, that they can track it world wide. Once they collate their statistics, they will release a stronger one. However, i think that this is the "one." I fear it may mutate into a real monster.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   

2019-nCoV is a +ve strand RNA virus that enters human cell and first encodes its RNA-replicase to make -ve stranded RNA that serves a template to make +ve strand RNA that is then translated for daughter nCoV. Drugs Lopinavir and Remdesivir target its protease and replicase.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I say that because I believe mainstream pharma will say "incurable" due to the fact they have no pill that straight up eradicates the viral infection.

Vaccines are preventative, antivirals like relenza only slow replication down to give your immune system more time, and it's well known antibiotics have no effect.

Because nature's remedy (food, herbs, honey, etc) is cheap, and because they don't invest much into testing basic solutions, we are left with "no official cure".

The word cure here is used out of context, as the context reveals that it is only half-true.

Antibiotics being useless against viruses IS well-known, as you say, but not well-known enough. Far too many people still use them improperly, and far too many so-called doctors will prescribe them to patients despite no bacterial infection.

Antibiotic abuse is a much bigger threat to humanity than any "hard drug", and should be regulated as such. I worry with outbreaks like this that idiots will further the cause of superbugs.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

Antibiotics being useless against viruses IS well-known, as you say, but not well-known enough. Far too many people still use them improperly, and far too many so-called doctors will prescribe them to patients despite no bacterial infection.

Antibiotic abuse is a much bigger threat to humanity than any "hard drug", and should be regulated as such. I worry with outbreaks like this that idiots will further the cause of superbugs.

I can agree with some of what you have said. Some of the Physicians that I work with have a cavalier attitude regarding patient appeasement vs a true infection. Zithromax has been widely prescribed in that scenario.
Now for this virus, Lopinavir and Remdesivir will target its protease and replicase.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Boston MA just confirmed the Eighth case in the USA!
patch.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

The "end" is to kill off as many people as they can.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join