It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help identifying this object.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

I had a video sent to me that I want to ask for your help in identifying.

The person who recorded it has this thing zoomed in as far as it can go I think.
The camera used was a Nikon cool pix900.

Its only 30 seconds long, no points of reference and very little detail was provided.

We have a lot of photographers here, so im hoping someone here can help identify what it is.
Any input is greatly appreciated.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

out of focus Betelgeuse maybe? because its really out of focus

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Hi mac,

I have no idea what that is, but thanks for sharing such a cool-looking object video!

G

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE

It is zoomed in, from the looks, not out of focus.. Betelgeuse?

Can't have been Betelgeuse because he's dead. Just never say it 3 times in a row.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I am pretty sure that this is just some bright object that is REALLY out of focus.
The more magnification you have, the more it'll look like that, so it's really not unusual at all really.
I actually have the same camera (to play around with) and I know how if zoomed in what it can look like.

It could be a real flying saucer, or just a bright, shiny jet up in the sky, we'll never really know.

For situations such as this, they make a little doodad that fits over the lens and it allows a photographer to focus on this type of blurry, out of focus stuff, it's actually made for night photography for stars.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Wayyy out of focus... appears to be day. Damn😔
Thanks for sharing.

I was even able to capture a weather balloon... once ( my pic )..

edit on 28-1-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE

There sure is a lot of distortion in it, it is like it is right over a chimney which could also magnify it somewhat.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

Hi mac,

I have no idea what that is, but thanks for sharing such a cool-looking object video!

G

** slightly off topic post ahead **

I love the way you're screen name is "Gordi the Drummer" yet your avatar is of you (I assume) playing a guitar.

gedouda'ere Lars Ulrich !!

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrustedTruth

Hi mac,

G

I love the way you're screen name is "Gordi the Drummer" yet your avatar is of you (I assume) playing a guitar.

I think also had one with bagpipes.. Gordi is legand

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

A Bahtinov Mask is what I was referring to...
It's made because when we try to focus on something way too small for our camera's focusing ability, you need to use this kind of thing, or manual focus, but on the fly like I am sure this guy was that videoed it, it'd be too hard to do.

When something's out of focus it makes the 'thing' appear to have a life of its own, that's why so many people get too excited about their UFO that they saw, because, "it was moving".

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Man, from a distant star, to a weather balloon, and even something from a chimney.

I'm glad I've not lost my faith.. Still sceptical as needed to be, but come on.. what next, swamp gas?

Don't tell me, it was too out of focus on an hot day, and the heat rising creating a mirage, causing the distortions we see, is all it was.

est quod est...

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Hi mac,

G

I think also had one with bagpipes.. Gordi is legand

Don't disagree..

But I'd imagine you surrounded by little chicklets, because you're the Bigburgh

And why on earth would you torture people with something that sounds like you're squeezing dead geese?

(I'm part Scottish, I can say that!!) lol

( this is what bagpipes sound like to me hehe
)

edit on 28-1-2020 by TrustedTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Its only 30 seconds long, no points of reference and very little detail was provided.

Interesting video, but is there ANY context at all? What area of the world? Where he/she was standing? Time of day?

What happened before and after?

Will he/she get back in touch with you?

edit on 28-1-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Interesting video, but is there ANY context at all? What area of the world? Where he was standing? Time of day?

What happened before and after?

Will he get back in touch with you?

These are the questions I should have asked... Thank you for reminding me of this..

Good questions.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

Okay, so this is a known effect then.

From your experience, would you say a jet at 40,000 ft, if far away enough, could appear like this?

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

It's an active investigation, but I can give some context.

The person who submitted it claims they were in a blind watching for Elk.

In the north, they noticed an object that caught their eye.
They pulled their camera out - and was able to shoot 30 seconds of video before the object disappeared.

This happened in a suburban area outside Calgary Alberta Canada. Nov 30, 2019

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I agree absolutely there was something there. But the video required so much zooming, that it went out of focus.

And the answer nobody wants to hear is... edit: November Venus... hmmm only lately Venus has been bright in the afternoon.

Intriguing is that the object as you stated disappeared.
In and out 30 seconds...
Hope your buddy keeps looking up.

edit on 28-1-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
It actually looks like material rippling in the wind to me. I wish he had zoomed back out, at least we would have had some context, but these things are easier said than done in the heat of the moment.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

it was too out of focus on an hot day, and the heat rising creating a mirage, causing the distortions we see, is all it was.

^^^This

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I am not sure about "40,000 ft", but at a range that we can see a tiny dot, out of focus makes it appear that it is slightly larger. In other words, a tiny jet way up there might appear like a larger shiny ball, I would imagine that we've all pretty much seen something like that, I know I have many times.
Sometimes when we see a jet in the sky and it's really super shiny because the sun's rays are making it into a glob of pure white, so it looks like an orb.

This thing could even be a Pelican or something, I have seen some that appear to glow on YouTube, of course, the viewers automatically assumed it was was a "drone that had head lights". heheh In all actuality it was a flock of American White Pelicans that was gliding along in the rising air currents, their beaks were shiny enough to make them appear to glow, hence the "headlights"... (I do mainly bird photography and I really see this stuff all of the time, even Pelicans)

The amount of millimeters that this camera's lens has it crazy big, that is what they call it, "the flat Earther's camera".

A star at night, or a planet, can appear huge out of focus, using this camera can bring that really close looking, it may be out of focus., or not.
I have been waiting for the right night so I can get the ISS captured with mine, it can be done, I've done it with my 400mm lenses and and my 600mm lens.
Even getting the object in the frame is extremely difficult due to its very large lens, there's a special button on the side that focuses back to maybe 1,000mm's so you can find your subject, then it automatically goers back to where you had it last.
So, just trying to do that AND focusing, it's nowhere near as easy as it may sound.

Oh, I should say that the "rippling" look one person here mentions is only the atmosphere doing what it does to objects, kind of like the wavy road on a hot day...

edit on 28-1-2020 by recrisp because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join