It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full Video of Trump Ordering the Ukraine Ambassador's Removal

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I meet hundreds of people a year...and dont really socialize. Im sure Trump meets more.

Its not at all hard to believe that he would not recollect someone. Im nobody and frequently have people know me that i have never seen before.

Im just not sure why it matters.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

He was having an dinner with them in a private hotel room discussing important matters of state. That's a bit different than just randomly meeting someone somewhere and having a brief interaction.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

Yep. Once one's political beliefs are allowed to obliterate self-discipline and discretion at the workplace, a firing is not too distant.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

He was having an dinner with them in a private hotel room discussing important matters of state. That's a bit different than just randomly meeting someone somewhere and having a brief interaction.

Trump may not even knew his name. If he was passed off as an associate of Guilliani in the past, Trump may not know or remember him personally. The video taking shows that there were individuals at this dinner excited that they were there and wanting to capture the moment.

Lev Parnas comes across as someone who super-inflates his importance and is angry that reality doesn't agree.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

how good is your memory, if I met a new gaggle of people every couple days over a 3 years span I wouldn't be able to remember 99% of them.

Heck I have forgotten the names of people I worked closely with after not seeing them for a couple years, I couldn't imagine the sheer volume of people the president has to meet.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay Electronica

He can fire her for any reason, even the why she looks. It also doesn't help that she corrupted Ukraine and colluded with Democrats to oust Trump. I would fire her in a heartbeat.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

a reply to: toolgal462

I'm asking, "How is it the President's job to fire an ambassador on the spot at a fund raiser, based on a lobbyist with an agenda, who wants the ambassador removed, based on gossip?"

Answer? It isn't. That's why she wasn't removed until one year later!

Man that constitution must be longer than I thought.

Does it really specify how a President is supposed to fire an ambassador?

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Doesn't even have to be a corporate setting. My wife gets frustrated at me because it seems we can't go to town without someone coming up to me and starting up a conversation like we were life-time friends... and I have no earthly idea who they are!

I know they know me, because they use my middle name. Those who don't use my first name... a dead giveaway, because I use my first name on official papers but never in social settings. So I just try to answer back generically and hopefully pick up some hint of who this dude is in the conversation. Usually it ends with us saying goodbye, me getting out of earshot and my wife asking "Who was that?" I just shrug. "I have no idea, but they know me."

The only way I actually remember people is if they do something that impresses me... like they do something unexpected to help me or someone close to me out, or they make a major impact on my life. Even then, after so long I won't always recognize them.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   

As others have pointed out, I think the biggest takeaway from this is that Trump did know Parnas and Fruman.

Now what possible reason could Trump have to pretend like he had never met these men before? Hmmm, I wonder.

Having dinner with someone doesn't make you BFF's. I would wager than any one of us have meet several people in our life-times without ever really getting to know them, and likely don't even remember them for very long afterward.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You just reminded me, back when I returned to live in Michigan after being gone for 20 years. The wife of one of my family's employee was so excited to see me. She even brought an old class book to show me she was in my fifth grade class. She remembered coming to my 10th birthday party for Pete sakes.

I felt bad since I really did not remember her, even after seeing her young self amongst a crowd of kids in a pic of that day in my family's album. Just nada, yet she had some notion we were the bestest of friends back then.

I remember my 2 bestest friends back then...they were both named Tonya. Easy to remember. She was not one of them.
edit on 1 26 2020 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Jay Electronica
This defiantly makes trump look worse when he says he doesn't know lev.

First, it actually totally exonerates Trump with respect to why he eventually - a year later? - got rid of her - which he could have done at any time, for any reason.

So now lev has pics of them together and video of them talking at a small meeting.

You really think trump doesn't remember the guy that said that to him at this dinner?

I think it is entirely possible. As he said, he meets with lots of people, hundreds, thousands - has dinners, etc. So, yes, entirely possible he doesn't remember him.

Makes me wonder what other video's lev and fruman have?

If they are anything like this one, please, please, bring them on! Give them to his defense team, they'll have a party!

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Back then, you may have been "the bestest of friends." I had a guy shanghai me in the Walmart parking lot a few months back. He started talking to me, using my middle name, like we were old friends. As usual, I played along; no sense in hurting his feelings.

After a while, he said "You don't remember me, do you?" I shook my head and he told me his name. That started ringing a bell, but I still couldn't place him, so I just said something like, "Oh, yeah!" Turns out, we actually knew each other VERY well at one time! When I realized who he was and where I knew him from, we exchanged contact info and talk every now and then. But it took a good while for me to remember him, even with his name!

Life changes. One of the most profound statements I ever heard was from a guy I used to know back in driver training school, an instructor. Just before we 'graduated,' a bunch of us were sitting around talking and he said "You boys better remember this moment. This is the last time we will all be together. Some of us may meet up in the future, but this particular group of people will never sit together at once again."

He was right. I can't remember the names of anyone I was there with, not even his. I can't remember their faces. But I do remember my trainer (RIP Butch), and another friend I used to talk to a lot while I was driving. They weren't setting around that table, but they wound up with a more secure place in my memory. When I was going through training, I knew these guys damn well... we lived together, ate together, learned together. Now they're gone from my memory and have been replaced by others. Life is funny like that.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
It's not that he just had a phone recording in the White House...

Except he didn't record anything in the White House.

edit on 26-1-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I authored a couple of books and use to give motivational speeches. I met so many people. It is so easy for many to make connections with a spotlighted individual but dang near impossible to form a similiar bond with the many.

Trump's life has always been in the billions time more in the spotlight. It is completely believable that he may not remember every individual he makes contact or speaks with.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

If they are anything like this one, please, please, bring them on! Give them to his defense team, they'll have a party!

NO!

If there are any more tapes like this, whoever has them please, for once in your life, show a hair of respect for national security! At least act like you're not a traitor to your country! Do not advertise our internal affairs to the rest of the world over some petty two-bit political shenanigans. Try to be a rational human being with some shred of dignity.

Please.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

There were discussions about national security matters... like the actions of an Ambassador.

Where is was doesn't matter.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

So? I have had private dinners with a group of people and didn't (and still don't) know the majority of them.
The President is going to meet thousands of people he doesn't know, the vast majority he'll never meet again.
Sorry, but the breathless reporting about the video has failed on both counts.
1) The entire world is fully aware that the President can fire who he wants in the Executive branch.
2) Meeting someone does not mean you know them - I would have thought that was obvious, but I guess when desperate Democrats who have no case need to scramble around for a headline, anything will do.

edit on 26/1/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: proximo

I don't think the msm showing this has anything to do with what trump said.

I think it is just their way of showing that lev does know trump.

A "see trump did lie" move by the msm.

Yep, all the while ignoring that the entire video shows the Dems impeachment case is full of lies.

Brilliant move by msm.

Did any of you actually listen to the video when they were discussing Ukraine? They weren't discussing j investigating corruption, they were discussing geopolitical strategies involving oil pipelines and trying to take control from Russia. It had NOTHING to do with any investigations so therefore it has NOTHING to do with the case for or against impeachment. You all just created this idea entirely in your heads out of nothing but the mention of the name Ukraine. They needed the ambassador out of the way because she was some sort of roadblock in their plan, what kind of roadblock isn't discussed, just that she is an obstacle in the way of furthering their goals in Ukraine to control the resources. And all it took for Trump to say to get rid of her was making this claim about her and telling him that she was against him. The only thing thats concerning to me here is how easy Trump is influenced by appealing to his ego and the motives and nature of the strategy they're vaguely discussing using in Ukraine, which are not made clear in the video.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I've never done anything as grandiose as authoring a book (congratulations on that!), but I have always been the guy who will stop to help others. I guess that's why people remember me. When I worked my way through college as a math tutor, I taught so many people, and I tried at the time to give each one the special, personal attention they needed. A lot of my surprise acquaintances come from that time period.

We tend to remember those who made the greatest impact on our lives for the longest time. The greater the impact for the longer time, the longer we remember them. If Trump (to try to get back to the topic) does not remember Parnas even though they met, that just means Parnas made no impact on Trump's life. I would say that's a good thing knowing about Lev Parnas and his legal issues.

Those who are trying to prove there was contact are just reinforcing the idea that Parnas held zero sway over Trump. He obviously wasn't considered of any importance in those meetings.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Where is was doesn't matter.

Sure it does, if you're gonna get all triggly about people recording the President and allege it happened in the White House, which is secure, and it instead happened in a hotel room, which is not, it certainly matters. There were other people in that video dicking around with their phones, who knows what they did, hopefully the executioner has enough rope for the virtue signaling hangings.

edit on 26-1-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join