It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Use this weekend wisely

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Use this weekend to buy some raw honey.
It will defeat this virus easily.

Stop worrying, I got you.
Yeah ppl will die but we won't so chill.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Excellent thread, it has blown up since I read it.

If the situation continues to devolve, what are the chances of the US instituting a Naval Blockade?

The United States is the ONLY superpower in the world capable of forcibly and effectively instituting a Military Blockade should the levels of infected continue to rise beyond their borders.

No one Country has to ability to deny or deter that fact, anymore than then an Ant trying to prevent a forest fire, a force of nature, it is what it is, deal with it.

A blockade of any kind would be an economic deathkiss and Trump has the unilateral power to do so, Chinas health and future are literally in Trumps hands, what fate...

Just a curious thought, is all.
edit on 25-1-2020 by Arnie123 because: Truth

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Here's my list of Do's and Don'ts for the Kung-Flu.

Do's
Eat a well balanced diet.
Stay calm.

Don'ts
Panic
Fly to China
Tongue-kiss raw bat or snake meat.
Inject yourself with celebrity-oils made from their candle line that smells like their private parts.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: camain

Specifically the lower classes interest in clearing their noses and lungs of mucus and spitting it anywhere in public they like.

Seriously? You're going to bring 'class' into this? WTF...

Prayers up for all afflicted - and soon to be...

Get some face masks. Stock up on food and water (that's going to be the real problem once people start dropping in their tracts). Make sure you have a three month supply of any medications you must have.

Elderberry and Manuka honey - both are your friend.

Stay healthy all!

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
at what point does China decide to just nuke their own city ...

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Are masks really going to help...unless you are the one who is sick and wearing it...in which case stay the hell at home.
abcnews.go.com...

"Many respiratory viruses are spread by large respiratory droplets which are filtered by surgical masks," said Dr. Henry Wu, assistant professor of infectious disease at the Emory University School of Medicine and former medical epidemiologist at the CDC. "If someone has a cold or the flu or another viral respiratory infection, wearing a simple mask will decrease the risk of that person spreading infection."

Health care professionals and those in direct contact with the sick are advised to wear N95 medical respirator masks. These masks are rated for higher protection.

"Industrial masks [for example, ones worn for construction] or other occupational respirators are not designed for healthcare use or infection control. Medical N95 respirators are only recommended for health care personnel that are fit-tested and trained in their use," says Dr. Wu.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
I’ve always been a wet blanket

I mocked .....

Swine flu

Mad cow

SARS

Ebola

All from the get go because I I knew they were BS .

As of now that trend has ended 😷

I actually contracted the swine flu when it hit New Haven county back in 08/09 and while it sucked, I didn't die. This particular outbreak scares me due to the odd coincedences involved. I'm not taking any chances. I work from home and I'm fairly well stocked up. I am going out only when necessary.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I am wondering about masks too. How can they
help if this is spread through the eyes?

Just asking for a friend....

ETA: Loam is correct, I wanted to state that.

As pointed out, it is not happening in the U.S yet,
but Hong Kong just closed their schools for 3 weeks.

Stores are empty in China, and millions are quarantined.

It is better in this case to be safe rather than sorry.

Just saying....

edit on 25-1-2020 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Will provide armed security for booze.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Do's
Stay calm.

Don'ts
Panic
Fly to China
Inject yourself with celebrity-oils made from their candle line that smells like their private parts.

I love your humor, as always. Laughing is good medicine

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Do's
Stay calm.

Don'ts
Panic
Fly to China

You left out the most important Do's: Drink scotch and smoke a nice cigar.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I am wondering about masks too. How can they
help if this is spread through the eyes?

Just asking for a friend....

The masks protect you from inhaling airborne particles.
Safety glasses/goggles should be used to protect the eyes.
edit on b000000312020-01-25T14:42:13-06:0002America/ChicagoSat, 25 Jan 2020 14:42:13 -0600200000020 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I did travel over the holidays and actually saw a person
wearing a set up like that in the airport.

I thought it seemed a bit overboard but perhaps
they needed to get somewhere without exposure.

Now, I wouldn't think that is extreme in the least.
How things changed in just a few weeks. Crazy...

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'm not going to let this virus crap fearmonger me. I still have an immune system, as most Americans do. People who are on immune suppressing meds need to stay away from places where sickness is flying around, but remember, this is not limited to this coronavirus, they are susceptable to lots of types of diseases. Many of the people on these drugs are on them for good reasons, but others are just on them to make their skin look more appealing. Finding what is causing the reaction or over expression of the immune system is better than taking a pill to block our immune system in these peoplel

I get little bumps on my forehead, sometimes they got a little red to them...from when I eat tomato products. Now, I love tomatoes and won't give them up, but I have gone to just eating stuff with tomatoes in them one day a week now and I feel much better in the gut. It is a benzoic acid intolerance, basically certain forms cause problems.

I could have gone to the doctor and got immune system suppressants, it is an immune response that causes the symptoms. treating the symptoms and continuing to eat tomatoes does not fix the problem, I am still intolerant to tomatoes.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Great topic and point Loam!

I (we) are already prepared and have had our own personal pandemic kit in addition to our other prep already in place.

People should be concerned. The CHicom government does not take action if it ithinks its going to lose face. In this case it was impossible to contain so they had to acknowledge the issue. That is a staggering number of cities under lockdown

I am wondering if the Xi regime is simply using this as a pretext to have martial law declared. It reminds me alot of the post 911 situation where alphabet agencies used the prevailing mood to pass the patriot act and generally suspend some of our constitutional rights. It also may be the issue he needs to crack down in Hong Kong all under the pretext of a quarantine

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I'm curious...I haven't been sick in 20 years. I don't get colds, either, and don't have any underlying conditions to sideline me. If this virus rolls into Dallas, what are my chances of catching it?

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
I’ve always been a wet blanket

I mocked .....

Swine flu

Mad cow

SARS

Ebola

All from the get go because I I knew they were BS .

As of now that trend has ended 😷

Snowflake talk! Get some British spirit in you, lad. We didn't defeat the jerry's and win the Brexit vote with that sort of attitude. Show some spine and fashion yourself a survival mask made from nylon tights and a yoghurt pot. We wore these for months in the Falklands and nothing got through.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

The importance of the thread is not about
catching the virus, but rather the supply chain
and being prepared for a rapidly escalating situation.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

No problem. I'll move to another thread.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Spread through the eyes ... as in you touch something contaminated and rub your eyes? Don't rub your eyes ... or nose.

And this also goes back to avoiding close contact. Don't get coughed on or sneezed on. Weary eye protection as much as you can, so buy something that covers that.

edit on 25-1-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join