It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 216
<< 213  214  215    217  218  219 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

Good find. Thanks!

Star for you, I’d give more but can’t.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
females are less susceptible to the virus than males are from the sound it

Air quality is very poor in China and the spitting/hygiene factor sounds like it was a perfect storm of factors

Do we know anything about if certain climates help fend it off? I saw something about 56 degrees Celsius a few pages back, what was that about?

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

cleveland

Didn't they say one of the confirmed was in Cleveland?
edit on Fri Jan 31 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

A bunch of people in close proximity with one another coughing all over each other. That’s my guess.

They also say humidity helps with clearance and symptoms.
edit on 31-1-2020 by TheAMEDDDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

I think this is what the surgeon guy was referring to: abc6onyourside.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: neurosurgeon
I've already come to the conclusion this thing is already going around now. We likely have it, or in process of having it. Silly kids...always bringing stuff home.

They shut down my sons school in Ohio because of flu.

Not seeing any schools shut down in Ohio, so whats your game here,...

Hi! Not a medical professional. Scientist type personally.

www.10tv.com...

What else can I do for you?

edit on Fri Jan 31 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: removed off topic

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I've already come to the conclusion this thing is already going around now. We likely have it, or in process of having it. Silly kids...always bringing stuff home.

Not seeing any schools shut down in Ohio, so whats your game here.....

There's around 12 scools in northeast Ohio that are closed due to the flu and some gastrointestinal illness.
edit on 31-1-2020 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Jan 31 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: removed off topic

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Here is a paper from what I believe is a respected source, although it hasn't yet been peer reviewed. They state that the R0 is a 4.08, and fatality rate of 6.5% (which is lower than SARS, which was 7.66%). So higher infection rate, probably asymptomatic, and a fatality rate close to SARS. Which is not great news really.

Estimating the effective reproduction number of the 2019-nCoV in China
edit on 31-1-2020 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

We estimated that 75 815 individuals (95% CrI 37 304–130 330) individuals had been infected in Greater Wuhan as of Jan 25, 2020.

Lancet dropping another bomb article full of results, theories, conclusions.

They go into great detail in this article about the math used to calculate the determined infected.

As they wrap up the article they have this to say;

Identifying and eliminating the zoonotic source remains an important task to prevent new animal-to-human seeding events.

Article
edit on 31-1-2020 by WeAllWait because: (no reason given)

link   
I posted this in another topic thread, but it might get overlooked.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   

originally posted by: fleabit
Here is a paper from what I believe is a respected source, although it hasn't yet been peer reviewed. They state that the R0 is a 4.08, and fatality rate of 6.5% (which is lower than SARS, which was 7.66%). So higher infection rate, probably asymptomatic, and a fatality rate close to SARS. Which is not great news really.

Estimating the efective reproduction number of the 2019-nCoV in China

I thought it was 6.5% of those who were HOSPITALIZED.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
BOOK: Biohazard: The Chilling True Story of the Largest Covert Biological Weapons Program in the World, Told from the Inside by the Man who Ran it.
Amazon

A 1999 book by former Soviet biological warfare researcher Ken Alibek that purports to expose the former Soviet Union's extensive covert biological weapons program.
The book's assertions recently have been confirmed by US and other Western microbiological and bio-weapons authorities.

He is now a Senior VP for R&D at Locus Fermentation Solutions in Ohio.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

bnonews.com...

There are currently 11,951 confirmed cases worldwide, including 259 fatalities

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

Estimating the efective reproduction number of the 2019-nCoV in China

I thought it was 6.5% of those who were HOSPITALIZED.

You can read their paper yourself and determine if their math is correct, and if it pertains to hospitalized or something else. I'm just going over their PDF myself, but math.. so I'll have to take some of it at face value.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

I used to love reading books about Ken Alibek and Richard Preston. The soviets were no joke with their bio weapons programs. Everything from plague to anthrax to Ebola, load it on missiles and launch it.

That was one of the first books I read on bioweapons in high school. It’s a good read and interesting, especially all the accidents and how many tons of the weaponized material they made. Some of it only requiring a particle or two of infectious material like the anthrax they weaponized.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Husband had to entertain Chinese VIPs toward the middle to last third of December.

They were all over the company and he brought home some kind of persistent mild to moderate respiratory thing after that. We've all three been through it, and it lingered in my chest like a weight for a few weeks right up until sometime last week. None of us really got seriously ill though, but you can't say you had it because you just don't know.

Obviously, the only way to know would be to get tested for antibodies, and if we don't do that, then we can't assume we've been through it already.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

I'm a plague junkie. The subject fascinates me. My high school English teacher probably thought I had a serious issue when I wrote my term paper on the Black Death.

I have quite a few plague related history books that I revisit often. One of my favorites is an account of the Ebola outbreak in Africa centered around a mission hospital every time I read about how they'd take a syringe, dip it in disinfectant and then re-use it makes me cringe because I know what's happening even if they don't understand it.

I was on my way toward a veterinary degree before I got derailed by migraines. My husband works in bio-sciences, and most of what I post I picked up from my own fascination and filtered through him. He'd post, but we like to keep our interactions here separate so no one accuses us of sock-puppetry (or at least we get as little of that as possible). His background is 20+ years dealing with making vaccines. Oddly, the only quality control dept. he never managed to work directly for was virology, but he passed through all the others.

He's in regulatory now.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ragiusnotiel

No. One of the cases from Chicago had traveled to Cleveland, but he shouldn't have spread it to so many so quickly unless he directly spit in the food source for those schools.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

Yea, during the cold war era both sides were cooking up some nasty chemicals but Russia was off the rails insane. It's amazing they didn't end up killing off their entire population. Err, they almost did with the nuke stuff.

top topics

<< 213  214  215    217  218  219 >>

join