It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 213
<< 210  211  212    214  215  216 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
twitter.com...

This claims 500,000 infected in China.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   

We observe clustering of related infections in Zhuhai, Foshan, Shenzhen and Paris. So far, all of these clusters are noted as "family cluster infection". This represents clear direct human-to-human transmission within a house-hold. We do not yet see clear evidence in the phylogeny for community spread outside of Wuhan.

Something else to note off that chart.

Almost all of the spread to date has been within household and not within community. Even those instances of spread like the meeting in Germany were between people in confined quarters for a reasonably prolonged period of time.

Wuhan is the only place where their genetic sampling shows the virus having spread in a community type setting.

That means you are more at risk in an enclosed, confined space with a sick person than you are just walking past them.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Take a moment to read these discoveries of an Associate Member at the Fred Hutch in the Vaccine and Infectious Disease Division and the Computational Biology Program. Who is also an Affiliate Associate Professor in the Department of Genome Sciences and the Department of Epidemiology at the University of Washington.

Informational discoveries feel like ecstasy to me.

This guy and his team are KILLING IT right now and their doing it with the intent that they are the pioneers of open information as far as Real-time tracking of pathogen evolution is concerned.

Incredible.

Here is some of the latest, guys and gals:

nextstrain.org...

If anybody needs me, i'll be busy drowning myself in information.
edit on 31-1-2020 by WeAllWait because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Just wait till this type of commy big brother bs comes to America. The Global Times suggests drones are being used to implement China’s authoritarian response to the coronavirus.

@globaltimesnews

Walking around without a protective face mask? Well, you can't avoid these sharp-tongued drones! Many village and cities in China are using drones equipped with speakers to patrol during the #coronavirus outbreak.

Video: twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

From what I understand of the 2 main HIV shared genes, they include gp120 (not sure of the other(s)), and that is mainly a feature that helps the virus look more 'normal' to the host ? camouflage ? The CD4 receptor was also mentioned, and that is interesting, because a feature noted in the study of 99 patients from the epicenter in China found that a low lymphocyte ( a type of white blood cell) count was noted across a number of patients. They hypothesized some things that could result from that, but maybe this current coronavirus can incapacitate the CD4 helper T-cells, part of why the lymphocyte count drops. Help me out here, someone

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAllWait

The flipchart approach with more information was helpful. Thanks for digging it out and posting it.

A lot of useful information in there.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
I’m at the store stocking up. Saw this from US Senator Tom Cotton

Twitter

Text
China claimed—for almost two months—that coronavirus had originated in a Wuhan seafood market. That is not the case. @TheLancet published a study demonstrating that of the original 40 cases, 14 of them had no contact with the seafood market, including Patient Zero.

I’ll follow up later if someone else doesn’t.

look at his skin, eyes... he looks nervous

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   

That's awesome, thanks for posting.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

I wouldn’t read too much into that. They prefab those live in shipping containers with bars on windows in China. They use those at construction sites often due to thefts.

They most likely just repurposed those for the hospital.

link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

He's also dealing with the impeachment crap, so there is that.

link   

originally posted by: AlbatrossMaker
twitter.com...

This claims 500,000 infected in China.

And he couldnt produce a single shred of evidence

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Very interesting turn of even
The top White House official responsible for leading the U.S. response in the event of a deadly pandemic has left the administration, and the global health security team that he oversaw has been disbanded under a reorganization by national security adviser John Bolton.

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Yea I noticed that there was no proof. Wonder how long twitter will leave it up? a reply to: Audiokat

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

If a virus could block T Cells from recognizing pathogens, that would be a scary thought. It would either have to block MHC presentation from the infected cells. MHC complexes are like a distress signal that infected or damaged cells send out presenting a part of the virus to the immune system. Or it would need to block T Cell binding to that site somehow, I’m not sure how it could do that. Some treatments could potentially cause both of those issues but that’s more along autoimmune or anti cancer stuff, maybe even graft rejection.

Maybe we have a virologist around somewhere, I’m more primary care, trauma, research, immunology and pathophysiology with my background.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   
New report on first US case of novel coronavirus details mild symptoms followed by pneumonia

Doctors have shared new details about the first case of Wuhan coronavirus in the United States in a paper published Friday in the New England Journal of Medicine.

In the new report, doctors describe how the man progressed from initially mild, nonspecific symptoms to pneumonia on the ninth day of his illness.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: weirdguy

Well there are 4 protein sequences as stated by the report. The first one is TNGTKR, running that through BLAST gives many different results that have nothing to do with HIV. The results display ranges from brownbanded bamboo shark to Staphylococcus massiliensis Bacteria.

What is a TNGTKR or BLAST?

Sorry I missed your post earlier.
The TNGTKR is the protein sequence, similar to how DNA is coded with A, T, G, C. BLAST is the gene database matching software that compares the sequence query to known sequences stored within.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trillium
Very interesting turn of even
The top White House official responsible for leading the U.S. response in the event of a deadly pandemic has left the administration, and the global health security team that he oversaw has been disbanded under a reorganization by national security adviser John Bolton.

www.independent.co.uk...

may 2 years ago
edit on 31-1-2020 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I was perusing Reddit for a few and some of the comments disturbed me... this one guy posted a link which I couldn't read since it's in Chinese, and then said those who are recovering may still have scar tissue in their lungs and "won't get any better until the vaccine comes out", as if this is something already being marketed as helping even those individuals who have after-effects (once they have "recovered", but are still facing health problems in the long term)

Sounds like problem & reaction have occurred in China, and now they are being told of a solution. Here in the west I feel like we're only at the "problem" stage of things. Not sure I want to find out what happens next..

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
thats the best article to date - thanks

Estimates of epidemic growth rate
Scientists at Imperial College London have used the number of cases observed outside of China to estimate the total number of cases and suggested that there have been at least several thousand cases by 2020-01-22. With the additional exported cases since and the continued growth of confirmed cases in China, we currently have to expect at least 50000 cases to date. Together with our previous estimates of the age of the outbreak and information on the infectious period, we can estimate plausible ranges of R0 using a branching process model.

We find plausible estimates of R0 between 1.8 and 3.5.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AlbatrossMaker

No idea, I have no clue how Twitter works like that. He was asked to provide sources but all he said was 'multiple sources' which is worthless and therefore a given that he's full of sheet.....

top topics

<< 210  211  212    214  215  216 >>

join