It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 205
<< 202  203  204    206  207  208 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
a reply to: jedi_hamster

I don't think you could keep a number like 10,000 secret in the US .

You also could if most cases don't reach severe levels too.

The infection chain in Germany had 5 infections known and none of them reached severe levels ... well, no one knows what happened to the Chinese lady who brought it in, but the German guy never developed severe illness ... neither did his colleagues.

If this thing has been circulating in China for longer than the press has been reporting, it well could be here already, and it's possible some have already had it without knowing it.

Yeah, they were screening for fever.. which was completely incorrect.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Non-scientist jumping in here...

So I'm reading that this virus shows signs of having been intentionally 'engineered' (with HIV) as an all-purpose carrier for a variety of diseases...and, as such, will NOT eventually mutate into harmlessness, as others have.

Please tell me these are wrong.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

I hope not, the published journals I’ve read said most organ damage is related to poor perfusion and toxic impacts of sepsis. The Chinese could be lying or trying to hide data, if we focus on helping patients through the inflammatory part of the disease we should see improved patient outcomes.

I think it most cases they’re trying to treat the virus and not the inflammation. They could even be out of supplies and then you’re just rolling the dice. If they would release data about healthy young adults, more data on children and recent activity that would help.

Most of the data I’ve seen is chronic or immunocompromised patients. Unfortunately for us, that’s about half the population. 10 million immunocompromised and 100-150 million Americans with chronic heart, pulmonary or other diseases. That could be a problem with the way this virus binds in the lungs.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
NEW: California reports another case of coronavirus, 7th in the U.S.

twitter.com...

Bay Area's 1st case confirmed in Santa Clara County

edit on 31-1-2020 by EndtheMadnessNow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

originally posted by: khnum
If someone links to the daily mail uk you will see 4 buses carrying people off to quarantine its the horseman bus lines get it 4 horsemen the poms at least have a sense of humor

If you look closely, there are 6 coaches not 4.

www.dailystar.co.uk...

i2-prod.dailystar.co.uk...

However, this article states that up to four coaches were provided by the firm Horsemen. Are the other two from another company? In any event, it’s a bit of irony in a crazy story.

www.express.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ShortBus

I have thought the same thing, just that I didn't have the balls to say it. *blush*

I can't get it at all though; so, even though that logic makes sense, it doesn't apply to me, because I live with vulnerable family members. But yeah, if you are healthy, and don't spread it, get it early, then recover and you can volunteer to help everyone after that without a face mask or worry of getting it again … for a while at least (until your immune system 'forgets' it).

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc

I hope not, the published journals I’ve read said most organ damage is related to poor perfusion and toxic impacts of sepsis. The Chinese could be lying or trying to hide data, if we focus on helping patients through the inflammatory part of the disease we should see improved patient outcomes.

I think it most cases they’re trying to treat the virus and not the inflammation. They could even be out of supplies and then you’re just rolling the dice. If they would release data about healthy young adults, more data on children and recent activity that would help.

Most of the data I’ve seen is chronic or immunocompromised patients. Unfortunately for us, that’s about half the population. 10 million immunocompromised and 100-150 million Americans with chronic heart, pulmonary or other diseases. That could be a problem with the way this virus binds in the lungs.

Thast what dealing with cytokine storm involves as well.. immune response.. which is inflammation. The problem isnt sepsis or any secondary infection.. its trying to find the fine razor thin balance between immune system causing the inflammation/cytokine storm and the immune sytem beig lowered enough but not allowing the virus to replicate like mad unchecked. As you know.. this is minute by minute care... and if ICU is flooded with resp distress then you cant dedicate that sort of care to every patient. Soooo they/we are not only identifying by resp symptoms but treating symptoms. Not keeping the fine balance. Its not just at risk people who are at risk.. its across the board. Absolutely not only or majority immunosupressed/compromised people or patients. In some cases the immunosupressed may be spared.. they hot that balance by chance. China has been reluctant to release the real deal.. the full disclosure, but now they have NO choice. They wouldnt let the CDC in for 3 weeks.. then they did. Who knows what was kept from them or the WHO.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngelsDecay

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

originally posted by: AngelsDecay

originally posted by: misfit312
a reply to: khnum

I've been seeing this too.

Can any med people chime in? I'm hearing HIV strands were found but a few are saying that's false.

Yeahh absolutely true... If it is on the net it's because it's true... Besides HIV this virus also has a percentage of Ebola, Zika and some Nepalese doctors are pretty sure it could also carry some tiphoid with it... Peace and beer

tell that to that scientist from Harvard.

twitter.com...

My dear fórum colleague Jedi.. Besides the fact Mr Eric Ding he is a respected Harvard scientist it doesn't give him the right to be the owner of science total truth... Like any other science man, doctor, engineer, etc, some agree with him, other make jokes about him and others simply ignore or call him a type of opportunist guy taking profit and fame with all of this...personally I don't fall in love sharing links because it is what it is, and I only know how to fly a plane or playing guitar, not virulogist at all...

www.theatlantic.com...

he's just quoting a paper. unless that paper is full of sh.t, he's stating facts. R0 value is just a value that may change when they recalculate it, but this is about genome, not about some "woo, that number is so high" that was proven wrong later because they've changed the number.

those genes shouldn't be there.

link   
US declares emergency now

U.S. citizens returning from Hubei province in the previous 14 days will be subject to up to a 14-day quarantine. Foreign nationals, other than immediate family members of U.S. citizens, who have traveled to China in the previous 14 days will be denied entry into the country. The temporary measures take effect Feb. 2 at 5 p.m.

Oh sorry if this is a repeat, I hit refresh and realize I’ve missed like 4 pages, apologies

edit on 31-1-2020 by SouthernGift because: (no reason given)

link   
I wonder if the billionaires will be heading to Greenland or Antarctica??

Or North Korea as no cases there yet...

I said earlier in the thread Kim jong ~Un sent a mercenary in to Wuhan.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: NxNWest

originally posted by: khnum
If someone links to the daily mail uk you will see 4 buses carrying people off to quarantine its the horseman bus lines get it 4 horsemen the poms at least have a sense of humor

If you look closely, there are 6 coaches not 4.

www.dailystar.co.uk...

i2-prod.dailystar.co.uk...

However, this article states that up to four coaches were provided by the firm Horsemen. Are the other two from another company? In any event, it’s a bit of irony in a crazy story.

www.express.co.uk...

you can see the white horse on the windshields

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
"Why The White House Just Declared A National Health Emergency"

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Scientists have grown it in AUSTRALIA. I am sure they have determined it’s make up, and could confirm it’s not manmade. I believe if it’s been engineered they would see it.. of course information is hard to distinguish from truth or forms of panic at the moment.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I wonder if the billionaires will be heading to Greenland or Antarctica??

Or North Korea as no cases there yet...

I said earlier in the thread Kim jong ~Un sent a mercenary in to Wuhan.

Honey, I dontknow about the billionaires, but I know where the multitude of dumbfounded dip#s we are as a people are going... . theyll be headed to walmart. **cough cough**

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

They have us too, I haven’t gotten any briefings yet but I’m sure medical units will be on standby. Everything depends on how fast this thing moves but our hospitals are already around 60% capacity.

Survival in septic shock with complications is about 60% give or take, now we only need to know what portion of the ENTIRE population will hit that mark rather than the 50% numbers we’re seeing with patients with significant underlying health problems in those early reports.

We have sick people here now, they just volunteered to be part of a history making research study. That’s the data I want to see.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
My gf's cousin is in China right now , she just sent me to a photo of him in a street ,daytime and nobody in the street, just empty space ...freaky.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Yes true if you believe the numbers being reported. Personally in mainland China I think its 3X infected and 10% mortality rate at least. When your hear people dropping dead in streets and or being borded up in their homes.. cremations...cause of death Pneumonia but not related to this bug and the fact china has quarantined close to 100 million I think its exponentially worse then reported.

a reply to: Gargoyle91

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

They quarantined 60 million, not 100 million. Unless you have updated info

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Yea the powers that be want this thing to spread. Money talks and unfortunately will kill or atleast infect people.

a reply to: WeAllWait

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc

They have us too, I haven’t gotten any briefings yet but I’m sure medical units will be on standby. Everything depends on how fast this thing moves but our hospitals are already around 60% capacity.

Survival in septic shock with complications is about 60% give or take, now we only need to know what portion of the ENTIRE population will hit that mark rather than the 50% numbers we’re seeing with patients with significant underlying health problems in those early reports.

We have sick people here now, they just volunteered to be part of a history making research study. That’s the data I want to see.

Do es your protocol involve giving methylprednisone?? Just wondering
Lancet paper said that it might help initially but greatly delayed viral clearance. YET we are told to administer it. Incredible.

One thing in the Lancet was that less than half of the confirmed infections were with peopl ewith preexistings. Kinda made me sit up and take notice.

top topics

<< 202  203  204    206  207  208 >>

join