It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 144
<< 141  142  143    145  146  147 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

I hope not, the last thing we need is it to become more severe, at least that should lower the transmission rates.

That would be the only upside, that its so deadly and kills so fast that it just burns itself out like a flash in the pan.....i mean thats the point of a quarantine anyway I suppose

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Yep, I can believe it.

twitter.com...

Coronavirus ‘rumour’ crackdown by Wuhan police slammed by China’s top court

✅ Supreme People’s Court says authorities should have tolerated messages posted about the illness in a group chat, even if they were not completely accurate

✅ Chinese media report that a doctor posted information about the illness on an alumni forum before coming down with the virus himself

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
the numbers/stats seem to have paused again at 7816 infected and 170 fatalities... I check 5-6 different resources every time and some of them are all paused at the same stats for many many hours at a time.

I just find it odd... with WHO, CDC, scientific institutions and academics all involved in this thing, how are updated stats globally seemingly pausing for durations like this?

Probably to make sure that everyone reports the "right" numbers

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Twitter post illustrates the situation.

Twitter

Text
Authorities in Langfang, Hebei province sealing the door of a family who has returned from #Wuhan, despite the woman protesting inside. That's how #CCP is dealing with #coronavirus. A humanitarian disaster is happening in China now.
.#WuhanCoronavirus #CoronavirusOutbreak

How is the lady locked in own home counted?

Why are govt officials doing this?

What if she is sick, can she get medical care?

If she gets sick, she just dies in her apartment?

How will these things be counted if they happen?

And this is only one video of many many on WeChat and Twitter.

Clearly human rights abuses at scale going on. Why hasn’t any reporters or WHO asked about these videos?

edit on 29-1-2020 by SpartanStoic because: Correction and add

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

Short answer is yes

The chinese gov doesnt care about the people, they care about their economy and saving face.

Theyre hoping any fatalities happen in the homes during the quarantine, it fizzles out, they dont have to claim the numbers, and they can sweep it under the rug as fast as it cropped up in the news.

edit on 29-1-2020 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   
If there ever comes a time (in the US or the west) where there are "internet failures" in geographic locations, then we might have true cause to be concerned.

Just being conspiracy-minded.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Chinese National Football Association has canceled all 2020 games. The whole season canceled. Looking for link confirmation. Twitter only shows the Chinese press release.

Twitter

That is a large statement football (soccer) 2nd most popular sport in China and fields are always full.
edit on 29-1-2020 by SpartanStoic because: Add link remove something

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Preaching to choir. I know the answers, I’m challenging other to view he evidence and think about the questions.

to you
edit on 29-1-2020 by SpartanStoic because: Add

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Recall 3 or 4 times last year when FB, twitter, Google, Youtube went down. Didn't go down long but pissed off millions.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

the numbers/stats seem to have paused again at 7816 infected and 170 fatalities... I check 5-6 different resources every time and some of them are all paused at the same stats for many many hours at a time.

I just find it odd... with WHO, CDC, scientific institutions and academics all involved in this thing, how are updated stats globally seemingly pausing for durations like this?

Probably to make sure that everyone reports the "right" numbers

exactttly Jerry... thank you for completing that equation. 100% correct

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow

Recall 3 or 4 times last year when FB, twitter, Google, Youtube went down. Didn't go down long but pissed off millions.

I can easily see our government curbing social media to slow the spread of information if there's a massive contagion.

As a matter of fact, I'd bet a shiny nickel that there's a binder on the very topic that's recently been updated sitting on someone's desk in some government office.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Just in 11 minutes ago.

The number of people in Japan who've been infected now stands at 11.

www3.nhk.or.jp...

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   
A great video compiled from clips by Al Jazeera.

Twitter

Gotta love Chinese spirit! They make due with what they have.

Love the hand puppeteer.

Now back to grim darkness...

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Pretty sure the cases/numbers are still being actively tallied but are only publicly released all-at-once at a certain time each day, at least when it comes to the official Chinese numbers.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow

I can easily see our government curbing social media to slow the spread of information if there's a massive contagion.

As a matter of fact, I'd bet a shiny nickel that there's a binder on the very topic that's recently been updated sitting on someone's desk in some government office.

No binder needed , they already got what they wanted when they repealed net neutrality principles. ISP have the legal right to slow or block your internet down to a painful crawl to any site they don't want you to access. It was their missing link .

The hammer hasn't been dropped on Americans yet, but it will be. The internet gives the consumer to much power and a voice and they don't want that. In the future you will only be able to access sites that are approved and follow the script. Mesh network won't work to get around it either, not because of technology but because liability and laws passed around 10 years ago.

We will be getting propaganda scripted websites in the future. It will be like if cnn and foxnews are in charge of content on the internet.

edit on 41131America/ChicagoWed, 29 Jan 2020 21:41:18 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

I've been saying for awhile that this is what happens when you don't have enough information so fear runs rampant.

People died during Spanish because they starved because their neighbors were too afraid to take them the supplies they needed to survive.

This is shades of that. These people will possibly starve because who will check on them? Will they be let out? And it's out of fear.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Man with deadly coronavirus caught Melbourne-Gold Coast flight while ill

C lick here for infection connection.

Way to go sick Chinese dude, #wit.

edit on 29 1 2020 by myselfaswell because: whateva

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Just some food for thought. It was streamed about 5 hrs ago.
"The Calm Before The Storm - Coronavirus Cases Set To Explode Higher"
10 min

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

No binder needed , they already got what they wanted when they repealed net neutrality principles. ISP have the legal right to slow or block your internet down to a painful crawl to any site they don't want you to access. It was their missing link .

Thats not how net neutrality works, nor was it how it would have worked had they not repealed it.

Please keep the political commentary and opinions on the political board.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Really good video to watch for those who still think this virus is no worse than the flu:

To summarize:

Case Fatality Rate:
- Flu = 0.1%
- nCov = 3% or higher

RO:
- Flu = 1.28
- nCov = 2.5 - 3.5 or higher

Serious Complication rate (ICU bed requirement):
- Flu = < 1%
- nCov = ~20%
edit on 29/1/20 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 141  142  143    145  146  147 >>

join