It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is a demon?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
a reply to: Raggedyman

Good post with good info..

A few questions..

Demons disguise as ghosts aliens, friendly spirits and luck, are worshiped often

Do they also disguise as spiritual beings of light in the sense of false Holy angels or apparitions of Holy men and women ?
I read once that you must sincerely pray to Jesus if you encounter an apparition of any kind because it could be a deceptive trick of Satan.

What were Jesus’s words ? Something to the effect of Lucifer comes as an angel of light.
2 Corinthians 11:14
“And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.”

The bible is (pretty much) the final word of God to humankind
Anything that is added and not in accordance to it, by “holy men” angels or light spirits is a lie
Jesus only ever taught love, the bible must be read through “love” glasses

The anti christ, the main figure will appear as a peacemaker and sincere honest person who everyone will love, well most people

Pretty sure that Corinthians quote was Paul but your point is valid

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Yeah pretty tragic some Christians and it’s disappointing “we” as a group have that much angst
In my opinion, humanity unlike demons are not eternal, hell is not eternal for humanity. Adam and Eve ate from the tree of knowledge not given the chance to eat from the tree of life.
I wouldn’t argue this with many Christians, most are pigheaded and ignorant with the bible and it’s teachings.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
What is a demon?

I don't think you can handle the truth and neither can anyone else for that matter.

So here it is -

Just sit quietly somewhere and watch the world go by, listen to the sounds of life bustling about look at all the souls you can take in and without a shadow of a doubt 99.5% of those souls are demons albeit unawares demons.

Told you they can't handle it- watch the replys i get.

Now if I'm entertaining the idea you are a kid then the advice is very very simple -
Trust no one, only trust your heart, and if you find yourself getting into trouble, stealing, envying others so called achievements then you also are one of the unaware 99.5% demon souls occupying this planet.

A demon is your fellow human, a fully fledged demon is that humans soul under full possession instead of just partial possession.

I'll leave you to ponder the facts.
edit on 21-1-2020 by CthruU because: 1

edit on 21-1-2020 by CthruU because: 2

edit on 21-1-2020 by CthruU because: 3 for a hatrick, why not.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Duh.. it is Corinthians .. my bad 😆.. I did know that ( had a brain fart ).. thanks for pointing it out to me.
What I was actually thinking of and got the two intertwined was this verse from John.. and they are the words of Jesus.

“I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by me.” –John 14:6

Satan and his demons ( I believe) ..do try and convince humans that they are angels of truth and light and love and there are many paths to the heavenly father.. BUT.. like you said Paul warns of this as does Jesus.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
children of fallen angels that mated with human women. That type of alien had a DNA that was similar to human.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Good post with good info..

A few questions..

Demons disguise as ghosts aliens, friendly spirits and luck, are worshiped often

Do they also disguise as spiritual beings of light in the sense of false Holy angels or apparitions of Holy men and women ?
I read once that you must sincerely pray to Jesus if you encounter an apparition of any kind because it could be a deceptive trick of Satan.

What were Jesus’s words ? Something to the effect of Lucifer comes as an angel of light.
2 Corinthians 11:14
“And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.”

The bible is (pretty much) the final word of God to humankind

I disagree. I think the Bible is the word of the men who wrote interpreted what is divine. It's the only to explain how the Bible can be so wrong on the topic and morality of slavery:

“Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.” (1 Peter 2:18)

And this one. There's no Universe where a man having a concubine is morally okay. And even worse send here outside to be raped by a mob is okay.

“So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go. At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying, fell down at the door and lay there until daylight. When her master got up in the morning and opened the door of the house and stepped out to continue on his way, there lay his concubine, fallen in the doorway of the house, with her hands on the threshold. He said to her, ‘Get up; let’s go.’ But there was no answer. Then the man put her on his donkey and set out for home.” (Judges 19:25-28)

The important message of the Bible is morality is important. But it can't be read out of the historical context in which it was written.

If you don't agree with me then you have to stop idol worshiping the words of the Bible. You are missing the message.

edit on 21-1-2020 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   

“I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by me.” –John 14:6

I don't think Jesus ever said this. This sounds more like King James self-serving translation and his doctrine of the divine rights of kings.

en.wikipedia.org...

I imagine Jesus was probably saying you don't have to give money to the church in order to attain absolution for your sins. If you are going to get crucified it has to be for something big. Jesus just claiming to be the messiah and the only path to God is not enough in my opinion. Taking away the pharisees cash cow will get you noticed!

Jesus's big idea is how you behave here and now matters just as much as your salvation in the afterlife:

³Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.
⁴Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
⁵Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the Earth.
⁶Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
⁷Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
⁸Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
⁹Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God.
¹⁰Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.
¹¹Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you.

It's funny how people don't quote the Beatitudes.

edit on 21-1-2020 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   
They are probably ultra advanced extraterrestrials. That explains it.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: makemap
They definitely not afraid of us. But they are afraid of Jesus Christ.

www.compellingtruth.org...

What are demons according to the Bible?
Demons are evil/fallen angels who follow Satan instead of God. When Satan was cast out of heaven, the demons fell with him instead of staying in their place as God's ministers of good. Somehow, evil was found in them (Ezekiel 28:15). A description of the fall of Satan and his demons can be found in Revelation 12:9, which says "And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him." Satan's fall is also shown, symbolically, in Isaiah 14:12-15 and Ezekiel 28:12-15.

And the page continues on.

Why would God want to send the demons down to Earth to mess with His best creation? Why not send them to Venus where it is already hot and volcanic? It's very similar to hell which is where they will reside anyway. Or they could roast on the planet Mercury. Or maybe send them to Mars where they could just do their devilment only to each other.

But nooo...., instead they had to be sent to Earth and now we all have to be deal with their hijinks and worry whether or not the fallout from that will land us in hell. Adam and Eve would've never eaten those frickin apples and right now we could all be living for hundreds of years and still be in paradise in the Garden of Eden. But nope, instead those miscreants were unleased in our backyard and now we have to deal with the consequences. It would be like if the government were to buy coc aine and then send it into all the poor neighborhoods then start incarcerating everyone who dealt their shizzle. Oh wait... the gov't did do that, never mind that point.

edit on 22-1-2020 by Elcabong because: fixed typos and gram' errors

edit on 22-1-2020 by Elcabong because: Fixed a few more gram' probs in text

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   
If you are looking for the original definition before it was corrupted through mistranslation, there is nothing evil about demon. It is not what you think it is. The Church made them evil.

"The ancient Greeks believed that a demon was a type of a spirit guide and protector similar to what we now know as guardian angels. They acted as an interface between god and humans. " From History DIsclosure

Demon

Be careful of the questions you ask if you do not want to learn what you know might be wrong.
edit on 1 22 2020 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Well believe as you wish, it’s not my job to convince you of anything

But be assured history paints a different picture to your opinion and remember you have to think things through than just voice an opinion

Spartacus and two other slave revolts caused the death of 100 of thousands in the Roman empire. The deaths of slaves, citizens and soldiers.
But your narrative, that’s better isn’t it?
If Christ had said that slaves should not be slaves then another death toll would arise, then you would moan Christ caused a war and millions died, please think.
Add to that opinion of yours, Christ’s anti slavery message would have been political and Jesus taught that His message was personal, a change of heart, an individual change by choice. Never political. Understand that, think it through

Paul wrote a letter to Philemon teaching how christians were to treat their slaves, guess you missed that letter did you, as if you even knew it existed in the bible
micahcobb.com...

Anyway
Let’s talk judges shall we?
Or would you like to educate yourself on why you have got that completely wrong on your own terms?
You just go from silly to obscene, just because something is recorded doesn’t mean it’s endorsed in fact that story lead to civil war and more rape, it’s a what not to do not a what to do
Please think for yourself and don’t make your narrative every other clowns narrative
edit on 22-1-2020 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Dp oops
edit on 22-1-2020 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Duh.. it is Corinthians .. my bad 😆.. I did know that ( had a brain fart ).. thanks for pointing it out to me.
What I was actually thinking of and got the two intertwined was this verse from John.. and they are the words of Jesus.

Satan and his demons ( I believe) ..do try and convince humans that they are angels of truth and light and love and there are many paths to the heavenly father.. BUT.. like you said Paul warns of this as does Jesus.

Easy done
Yes it’s all about Jesus
It’s all about loving the unloved, serving others, surrendering self

Unlike these modern day tv evangelists who preach it’s all about gaining for yourself, that’s not a biblical message in the NT, that’s Judaism in the OT. Evangelist like that are probably the worst anti christs in this age

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Form my understanding demons are the off spring of the fallen angel, the giants who died during the flood.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Unfortunately there is ZERO credible evidence that demons exist or existed.

Until then, posts like this are moot imo.

Still a good question to ask though 👍🏻
edit on 22-1-2020 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Elcabong
I see you don't know too much about this subject. For starters, God didn't send them anywhere. God cast them out of his domain along with their lead conspirator against God, Satan. During the heavenly battle for control, demons, or fallen angels took the side of Satan against God and were cast down to earth along with him.
Satan directs their activities here on earth but only because Jesus Christ allows him to. Only Christ has ultimate power to cast them out from their evil endeavors to either recruit followers of Satan or destroy a persons soul.

edit on 22-1-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake

There is zero credible evidence in your opinion, go play a oijie board game and get back to me.
Please don’t.
People in the occult know the truth, you don’t, you are hidden from the occult, it’s real just outside of your realm

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: FinallyAwake

There is zero credible evidence in your opinion, go play a oijie board game and get back to me.
Please don’t.
People in the occult know the truth, you don’t, you are hidden from the occult, it’s real just outside of your realm

You could be right! I'm open to have my mind changed.

Can you provide any credible evidence that proves the supernatural exists?

Surely you would get a Nobel peace prize for this evidence?

And as for zero credible evidence in my opinion, it doesn't really make sense.

There either is proof or there isn't, I happen to know there isn't yet. So my opinion is based on facts I'm afraid.
edit on 22-1-2020 by FinallyAwake because: My thumb can't spell

edit on 22-1-2020 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

Nothing that would satisfy your criteria as evidence
If you were serious you would research for yourself, I am not selling anything and I have learned if a person is really interested it’s on them to seek the truth

And no, I doubt you are open even a little bit

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
A question about demons:

Why is the Old Testament fairly silent about demons, but they appear in multitudes in the New Testament?

BTW, I believe "aliens" are demons...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join