It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing has changed, passing the dish around first

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
First its a morning prayer and then the dish is passed around to collect God's money.
You'd think that they would wait till the closing time, nope, money first.
And would you believe now they want automatic withdrawal from your saving account. Its like what the f...k

Did I miss out on something all these years. Oh, yes, the Old Testament, what is that and the New Testament, great motivational music with lyrics it seems to be... Amazing I tell ya.

New trend, mega non-denomiational chruches ran by corporations with paid staff.

My conclusion, well, its personal.

Still good people in church and elsewhere too.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Don't attend a church that "sells feel goods"?

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 19-1-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   

So what do you expect
Power, water, rates, (and yes I think churches that receive over x amount of $$$ should pay taxes) wages, upkeep and other daily things need cash to survive. Never mind the charity offered.
Don’t want to tip in, then don’t, pretend you bank transfer, nobody knows who gives what and nobody should care

Don’t give, christianity teaches very clearly better to not give anything at all than give begrudgingly. More offensive to give when you don’t want to give

My conclusion is personal as well

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
First its a morning prayer and then the dish is passed around to collect God's money.
And would you believe now they want automatic withdrawal from your saving account. Its like what the f...k

Did I miss out on something all these years. Oh, yes, the Old Testament, what is that and the New Testament, great motivational music with lyrics it seems to be... Amazing I tell ya.

If they are collecting tithes then that is wrong the Tithe has been abolished.
edit on 19-1-2020 by JON666 because: (no reason given)

link www.tentmaker.org...
edit on 19-1-2020 by JON666 because: Added link

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JON666

If they are collecting tithes then that is wrong the Tithe has been abolished.
link www.tentmaker.org...

Hey! I can only say one word "THANKS"

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:39 AM
link   
It always bothered me when they whipped out will a man rob God, they don't teach under the OT there was 3 tithes and on the seventh year there was none. How many churches have said no thanks to the tithe? There was a penalty for giving money too. It was all agricultural.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Yes. I can visit a church and pass on the donation plate. Try not paying your therapist tied to a large corporate conglomerate......

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 03:50 AM
link   

The sign said you got to have a membership card to get inside
Ugh!

------ lead guitar ------

And the sign said, "Everybody welcome. Come in, kneel down and pray"
But when they passed around the plate at the end of it all, I didn't have a
penny to pay
So I got me a pen and a paper and I made up my own little sign
I said, "Thank you, Lord, for thinkin' 'bout me. I'm alive and doin' fine."
Wooo!

Signs
The 5 Man Electrical Band
lyrics as recorded by The Five Man Electrical Band in 1971 and included on
the 1990 compilation album "Made In Canada - Volume Three 1965-1974"
www.songfacts.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 04:07 AM
link   

what did you expect to have changed?

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

that more people would be bringing in apples and bluesberries to the preacher . And not money.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   

that more people would be bringing in apples and bluesberries to the preacher . And not money.

Try paying your power bill with apples and blueberries, and see how it works.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Try paying your power bill with apples and blueberries, and see how it works.

I've been to third world church services that were held in open air under trees no need for a building or electricity. Pastors were generly given live stock or food staples. Very poor and humbly grateful people. Here in the west you have to a live band overhead song projection 10 different pastors of various duties, it become a business.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: JON666

Not really. It’s just paying for propane or fuel oil with apples doesn’t really work for a church in Michigan in early February.

Or the electricity used by modern plumbing to prevent things like dysentery?

However. Many churches value labor. You think people are stingy with money. Try asking them to donate their time to clean the church.

It’s does seem people always have money for cigarettes, alcohol, and drugs. Funny how that works.

Still. I have never been kicked out of church for passing on the donation plate. How long would a corporate therapist treat you without payment? Or if you paid in apples?

How many church’s support things like celebrate recovery with no charge to participants, and no requirement to attend services? many. How many church’s have a food pantry that you can donate food to? Many. But food doesn’t pay for the building, utilities, pest control to house the food pantry. Unless you want a can of frozen green beans in the winter. Or thawed frozen green beans in the summer. or rat droppings in your noodles.
edit on 20-1-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

edit on 20-1-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JON666

I am sure there are church’s that would love to heat off wood donated to the church for winter. Until the insurance company has a fit. Or you get a member of the congregation injured and lawyers involved. Or the city code doesn’t allow for the burning of wood. Or your trying to make a smaller carbon footprint....
edit on 20-1-2020 by neutronflux because: Added more

edit on 20-1-2020 by neutronflux because: Fixed more

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux
NT churches met daily in homes church has become a spectator event no participation from the body in givi g a pslam or a word it's all professional now a good book on the subject of it went south so to say is www.amazon.com...=sr_1_fkmr0_1?keywords=runtz+the+open+church&qid=1579540880&s=books&sr=1-1- fkmr0

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   

GREAT points.

You might appreciate this Kindle book:

GOD IS NO BEGGAR: AVOID MAKING HIM OUT TO BE ONE

God Did Not Call Us To Beg In His Name

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?keywords=GOD+IS+NO+BEGGAR&qid=1579620803&s=digital-text&sr=1-1

edit on 2112020 by JoseGarcia because: left out

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: JoseGarcia

As the late George Carlin said, God is a great engineer, He's very good at creating things such as universerses, life, and such. But He's bad at managing His money.

new topics

top topics

join