It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you United States and Canada - From Australia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+56 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 01:47 AM
link   
There is much toxicity surrounding the bushfires in Australia. I want to put the 'culture wars' aside for a minute and send my heartfelt thanks to the firefighters from United States and Canada who have been helping us fight the unstoppable forces of Australia's angry summer. The summer of 2019-2020 will go down in history for the people of Australia. It is a summer we will never forget. We will also never forget our friends, the United States, and Canada, for their assistance on the ground.

Thankyou. From Australia.

edit on 11-1-2020 by harold223 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: harold223

Your country has had a terrible time with the fires. Best wishes for the swiftest possible recovery.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Great post, I feel must also thank The New Zealand Firefighters who also contributed. Without their relief for our guys we'd be in a spot of bother. Cheers NZ, USA and Canada. Experts in their field.

Kind regards,

Bally.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 02:07 AM
link   

So, 2 days ago we had a story all over the news. The headline was something like this "Australia refuses help from Denmark to fight bush fires"

Denmark offered to send 50 firefigthers and some equipment to help with fires, that might not be a lot but wtf would you refuse any help at all? There is properly a good reason even though i cant thing of ANY at all.

But hope you guys are getting it under control again soon and are happy to see that you atleast took the help offered by USA and Canada.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

Great post, I feel must also thank The New Zealand Firefighters who also contributed. Without their relief for our guys we'd be in a spot of bother. Cheers NZ, USA and Canada. Experts in their field.

Thanks for that, I forgot about the NZ guys in my post. Thankyou NZ

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

So, 2 days ago we had a story all over the news. The headline was something like this "Australia refuses help from Denmark to fight bush fires"

Denmark offered to send 50 firefigthers and some equipment to help with fires, that might not be a lot but wtf would you refuse any help at all? There is properly a good reason even though i cant thing of ANY at all.

I tried looking for this but couldn't find a link. As you know Crown princess Mary is Australian. (Tasmania). The offer would be most welcome but the fire fighters may need to speak English to enable communication in emergency situations. Could be mischief reporting,

my thoughts,

Kind regards,

Bally.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Speaking good English would not be an issue with Danes. They speak better English than I do!

ETA: The comment about the Danes may have referred to this article.

Daily Mail

Cheers
edit on 11-1-2020 by F2d5thCavv2 because: +url

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Everybody loves Australia mate.
You hang in there like a real champion.
It's just horrible to watch.
The oldest landmass too and what a beauty.
Stay strong.
It's far from over.
🇦🇺

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

think it's because north American firefighters have more experience and greater expertise due to regular disasters that we have to deal with every year, same with New Zealand. most of Europe is pretty built up and rarely deals with large scale fires and other disasters like our countries do. they'd become a burden that would slow things down too much to catch them up on things.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 02:40 AM
link   

No problem ! Pleased to help.

Our only request is to see a picture of good Bally putting-out his trouser-fire with a beer...

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Speaking good English would not be an issue with Danes. They speak better English than I do!

ETA: The comment about the Danes may have referred to this article.

Daily Mail

Cheers

Daily Mail should stick to Harry and Megan. There was no snub. If anything it was a thanks for the offer but we have plenty of resources from overseas at present. Also lacks that the ADF is involved. A few thousand there.

If the Daily Mail can't say it I'll say it. Thank you Denmark for the offer.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

No problem ! Pleased to help.

Our only request is to see a picture of good Bally putting-out his trouser-fire with a beer...

Nice, wish I had a beer later in the morning. It was my boots that needed putting out. While resting after the sun came up I could smell burnt rubber. Walked everywhere looking for the source. Seemed to stay with me. Then I looked at the soles of my boots while having a smoke. Good boots but no tread left.

Never felt it at the time.. Got the boots off then peeled the wet smelly socks away. When the realization hit me I felt the stinging. Feet were like sunburned and blistered. Had to wear thongs/flip flops for a while with a salve on the feet. All's good now once the skin peeled off.

Beer? Beer? Sadly never had time for one for over 13 to 14 hours. Longest time I went without a smoke for ages also. Thank goodness for good pumps and hoses.

Funny how you don't feel it at the time. Trouser fire? Just pissed in me pants cobber.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Cheers for your service Bally

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Australians, are just upside down Texans... an Aussie Air Force pilot told me that. We love you guys.

That pretty much says it all...

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: harold223
Cheers for your service Bally

Appreciate your reply. But I wasn't in a brigade at the time. No service there. I was 'home alone?' Sent the missus, young fella and some animals out. Managed to save the house and that of my neighbor who was away but lost my 3 other buildings, vehicles and machinery. 83/84 odd houses around me lost in a small village. No brigades in sight and I don't blame them.

As I said, thank goodness for good pumps and hoses. Tragedy for the others. Member 'hopenotfeariswhatweneed' visited a couple of days later. Took some pics and got my story. Leave it to him to post what he envisaged here. Even he got caught up in the mayhem.

So, mate, no service in this regards but thanks for the compliment.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 04:57 AM
link   

No worries. You're out there doing your bit regardless.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 06:05 AM
link   
This video is harrowing. It gives you an idea of what some people around Australia who have defended their homes have been through. Like ATS's very own Bally above.

From Kangaroo Island, South Australia - a place that is dear to me.

Language Warning (Us Aussies get a bit colourful in times of duress).

edit on 11-1-2020 by harold223 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   

You're welcome.

Are there any stats on % caused by arson vs lightening vs poor camp fire management?

How is your government managing things? Responsibly? Wisely? Stupidly? How much unfitting blaming?

Are they still pushing the man caused global warming hoax there? From here it sure sounded like they were wholesale blaming the fires on the global warming hoax.

[BTW, no one has ever explained to me how our cow farts are raising temps similarly on Titan, Mars, Neptune etc. LOL]

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   

HORRIFIC. CONGRATS ON THE ESCAPE.

I have a lifelong beloved naturalist friend that has lived & worked on the Western end of Kangaroo Island for decades.

I pray he & partner are safe. Not yet responding to emails.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Many countries offered help.

I didn't see these mentioned in this thread:

Papua New Guinea - offered to send "1000 of our combine soldiers and fire fighters", if needed;
Vanuatu - pledged almost A$250,000 to "assist bushfire victims";
Fiji - offered assistance "in any way we can";
France - president Emanuel Macron offered assistance to "fight the fires, protect the population, and preserve biodiversity";
Singapore - offered helicopters to help fight the fires;
Malaysia - offered to send assets and personnel from their Disaster Assistance and Rescue Team and from the Disaster Management Agency.

Some individual firefighting groups from around the world have also offered their help.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join