It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you United States and Canada - From Australia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
Many countries offered help.

I didn't see these mentioned in this thread:

Papua New Guinea - offered to send "1000 of our combine soldiers and fire fighters", if needed;
Vanuatu - pledged almost A$250,000 to "assist bushfire victims";
Fiji - offered assistance "in any way we can";
France - president Emanuel Macron offered assistance to "fight the fires, protect the population, and preserve biodiversity";
Singapore - offered helicopters to help fight the fires;
Malaysia - offered to send assets and personnel from their Disaster Assistance and Rescue Team and from the Disaster Management Agency.

Some individual firefighting groups from around the world have also offered their help.

Australian fire fighters have worked with the US, Canadian and NZ fire fighters before (including in fires in North America where we have sent our fire fighters in the past). US & Canadian fire fighters in particular have considerable Wild Fire experience. There may well be others that have joined the effort that I am not aware of. I thank anyone that offers to help us

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoseGarcia
a reply to: harold223

You're welcome.

Are there any stats on % caused by arson vs lightening vs poor camp fire management?

How is your government managing things? Responsibly? Wisely? Stupidly? How much unfitting blaming?

Are they still pushing the man caused global warming hoax there? From here it sure sounded like they were wholesale blaming the fires on the global warming hoax.

[BTW, no one has ever explained to me how our cow farts are raising temps similarly on Titan, Mars, Neptune etc. LOL]

Mostly lighting according to Rural Fire Service Inspector

NSW Rural Fire Service (RFS) Inspector Ben Shepherd said earlier this week lightning was predominantly responsible for the bushfire crisis.

"I can confidently say the majority of the larger fires that we have been dealing with have been a result of fires coming out of remote areas as a result of dry lightning storms," he said.

In Victoria, where about 1.2 million hectares has burned, only 385 hectares — or 0.03 per cent — have been attributed to suspicious circumstances.

www.abc.net.au...

Please leave the politics & the 'Culture Wars' for another thread, or preferably from this entire crisis all together.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
Australians, are just upside down Texans... an Aussie Air Force pilot told me that. We love you guys.

That pretty much says it all...

That's is the most funny thing I've heard all day.

I haven't been down under, but as a native Texan, when I watch videos online... I just think, these are Texans with cool accents.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   
American's love Australia! It is our duty to assist our brothers down under. I'm glad to see our guys down there.

We had a relatively light fire year this year, so these guys will be at their very best. Hopefully they will help make short work of getting these fires put out. They are used to fighting these fires at high altitude and in steep mountains so they are in top condition for fires like these.

We wish you the best! It's been a terrible year for Australia due to the fires.

God's speed.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Even though Australia is the birthplace of Hitler, I'm glad America was able to help.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If only Australia let him into art school... He would have drawn kangaroos and different animals that can kill you.

Maybe one of those animals would have killed him.

The tangled webs earth weaves.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Australia may just be a warning of what is to come world wide. January 11th here in NC. and the temps are into the 70's. Not as long as I have been here has it been this warm this time of year.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That may be true DB...
But I try not to hold that against them, as they gave us Mozart as well.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I'm happy the U.S. is able to assist our Aussie brethren and pray and hope you guys and gals get through this without anymore loss of life.
Godspeed Oz.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Tanker 911 has been there since November. Tanker 912 is completing heavy maintenance and is expected to arrive January 15th, with Tanker 914 arriving around the 25th, after its heavy maintenance is completed. All three are DC-10s capable of carrying 9400 gallons of fire retardant. In addition to those two being added, two more LATs will be leased. The 10 Tanker crews expect to be there until at least April.
edit on 1/11/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The firefighters are there to save the animals from going extinct. If you feed them a beer they might actually think the people are worth saving....except for the politicicians, I don't think you have enough beer in your country to get the firefighters that drunk that they will feel sorry for a politician..

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Western Canada here.

I have been thinking about you guys.

I have been on a few crews fighting brush and grass fires in the past. The soles of my boots got so hot that I had to be careful not to leave flaming footprints while walking on unburned ground. I can’t imagine what it must be like in Australia with the hot temperatures that you get.

Temperatures are dropping below -40c here this next week. I don’t think I will complain.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Even though Australia is the birthplace of Hitler, I'm glad America was able to help.

Apparently we are also the birthplace of Captain Cook who is responsible for wiping out indigenous races across the pacific.

So perhaps it's right we burn.

Bally

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

My heart (in all honesty) goes out to everyone there.

Take care brother.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
While the thanks are flowing - I thank our own fire fighters, many of whom are volunteers for our various fire fighting associations. I want to clarify something here. Australia has paid fire fighters. The metropolitan fire services are all full time paid fire fighters. In much of rural Australia, fire fighting is conducted by volunteer organisations. What this allows for is a massive standing army of trained volunteers, ready to come into action when needed. In many communities, most able bodied men and increasingly women are volunteer fire fighters. They are not amateurs. They undergo extensive ongoing training. This summer, there are volunteers who have been away from their jobs, away from their farms, fighting these fires to save their communities. They have expended all their leave and are running without pay in many instances. They are true heroes.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I would also like to thank our defence forces. This is the first time Australia has seen a domestic deployment of this scale. Absolute legends. Here is some of the work they are doing on Kangaroo Island.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I don't think this started happening til Australia became a Massive Cow farm. Methane, lots and lots of methane. Look at happened to New Zealand.

Dairy farm pollutes New Zealand

Too much cows, not enough domestic animal meat. Even Asia was forced to adopt cows. Cow did not exist in NA, climate changed. Cow did not exists in Asia, climate has also changed.

Bison, and Ox lives matter. Not Cows!
edit on 11-1-2020 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
I don't think this started happening til Australia became a Massive Cow farm. Methane, lots and lots of methane. Look at happened to New Zealand.

Dairy farm pollutes New Zealand

Too much cows, not enough domestic animal meat. Even Asia was forced to adopt cows. Cow did not exist in NA, climate changed. Cow did not exists in Asia, climate has also changed.

Bison, and Ox lives matter. Not Cows!

Crikey mate!!! I'll just go out and cap me milker. I'll use soy or almond milk from now on.

Would that help.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

If only Australia let him into art school... He would have drawn kangaroos and different animals that can kill you

Drop bears..I recon.

Props to all involved in fighting this terrible ongoing tragedy.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

my grandson is over there so your welcome

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
American's love Australia! It is our duty to assist our brothers down under. I'm glad to see our guys down there.

We had a relatively light fire year this year, so these guys will be at their very best. Hopefully they will help make short work of getting these fires put out. They are used to fighting these fires at high altitude and in steep mountains so they are in top condition for fires like these.

We wish you the best! It's been a terrible year for Australia due to the fires.

God's speed.

Thank you FCD. In all honesty it's shaped up to be the worst fire season in our recorded history. The Yanks, Canucks and Kiwis are pretty well on top of it teamed up with our seasoned firefighters along side the ADF. Offers from other countries are well received but the logistics are a nightmare.

The refined nature of aircraft fighting fires nowadays is a sight to see as I'm sure you could attest to. The pilots are champions. Some of the big choppers and jet craft.

Kind regards,

Bally

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join