It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pondering the possible consequences of the upcoming war.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: madenusa

Let's be honest though, whos got who surrounded?

look out your window.
this is the land of the free...there's legal aliens everywhere
If Iran just went to sleep. just thinking out of the box.
this war would be over, the head lines would read :The 2020 presidential election may still be months away, but the primary process is already underway.
Democrats are expected to hold six primary debates in 2020.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

This crap got the World Bank stamp of approval all over the shop.

I don't think you know what the World Bank is. Iran is a member of the World Bank. The World Banks raison d'etre is to fight global poverty.

World Bank

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I don't particularly care what you think i know.

I know Iran will never be curtailed without a sustained ground war which will amount to 1000s, possibly 100,000s of troops coming home in body bags.

The World Banking system want Iran completely under its umbrella is the same manner as most of the other nations on the planet, they don't have that as of yet and never will whilst the current Iranian regime remains in place.

Same as North Korea, and Syria really who are also on the hit list.

As to The World Banks fighting global poverty, well they are doing about as well as the Vatican in that department.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

a reply to: paraphi

I don't particularly care what you think i know.

I know Iran will never be curtailed without a sustained ground war which will amount to 1000s, possibly 100,000s of troops coming home in body bags.

The World Banking system want Iran completely under its umbrella is the same manner as most of the other nations on the planet, they don't have that as of yet and never will whilst the current Iranian regime remains in place.

Same as North Korea, and Syria really who are also on the hit list.

As to The World Banks fighting global poverty, well they are doing about as well as the Vatican in that department.

It seems that you think you know things but not many of them are actually true...

For instance, the US could give a rat's ass about overseas oil... we no longer need it.

The map you posted is BS. Half of the bases listed are either decommissioned or have a handful of Americans there as advisors.

There will never be a sustained ground war in Iran.

Just bombing 3 of their refineries collapses their economy.

We could go on but I think I have made my point.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
Do you have any idea how often, and in what quantities, lethally toxic substances are shipped by freight train through major US population centers?

Do you realize that “security” on a mile-long freight train is often not even on par with that of a convenience store?

We, as a nation, seem to have forgotten that old saying,

“Act in haste, Repent in leisure”.

Terror attacks are a long way from all-out war, not to mention any attacks will be responded to directly.
With 18 years of experience, US military can send measured responses all day all night 24 hours. Do I want that no, but the could if it wanted too.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Do you realize that would be considered an absolute act of war?

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Wow 100,000...

Lets see... We gain 100% airpower within a few days with 1000s of successful tactical airstrikes, then we start a massive strategical bombing of their troops that within a few more days there isn't much left. They do have a good amount of rockets and tanks, but their Air Force is almost nothing unless you see their total number of 12 attack helos as a game changer. as example.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

For instance, the US could give a rat's ass about overseas oil... we no longer need it.

Ridiculous..thats like saying rich people have enough money..and don't want more..gtfoh

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
WWIII started on September 11th 2001. This is just another conflict in the same war. As long as people continue to practice Islam, people will continue to die in this war. Luckily for every American, Jew or Christian killed, America & our allies will continue to kill thousands of Islamists. In other words, we are winning the war on Islam a.k.a. the War on Terrorism.
edit on 5-1-2020 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Do you realize that would be considered an absolute act of war?

So is the officially sanctioned murder of a foreign government’s military official.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

a reply to: madenusa

The consequences or so it seems to me equate to oil prices rising, a whole lot of dead people in the Middle East, and any and all trust in America and her allies quashed for the foreseeable future.

Let's be honest though, whos got who surrounded?

Agreed, though I can't see any Western allies and few ME allies backing the US in the war at the moment. All apart from Israel have been unanimous in saying both US and Iran need to stop the warmongering.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

They thought the D Day landing would bring an end to the war in Europe before Christmas and look how that went?

A lot of the Iranian terrain won't let us deploy our tanks and aircraft, in the same manner, we did during Gulf War 1 and 2.

The Iranian forces will fight utilizing guerrilla tactics to the death more than lightly and we will end up in a prolonged ground campaign that will lightly last for years to come.

That's a pointless exercise that did not work in Afganistan and will not work in Iran.

And all it will serve to achieve is to reinforce their ideologies and bring about the next generation of terrorists.

That's just my opinion of course.
edit on 5-1-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

If it was that simple it would have been done long ago.

And yet there the Iranian regime remains.

There won't ever be a sustained ground war in Iran because its an untenable situation.

That's the point.

And airstrikes and sanctions, short of using nukes won't ever make any difference.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JBIZZ

Well if you can come up with a solution to Islams 1.8 billion adherents, 24.1% of the world population, practicing their religion i would love to hear it.

As to the war on terrorism, we created these groups and people, and help fund and sell them weapons via proxy.

There is about as much as a war on terrorism is there is a war on drugs I'm afraid.

Now monies, profit, power, oil, and other resources, that's a whole nother kettle of fish.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

The Iranian forces will fight utilizing guerrilla tactics to the death more than lightly and we will end up in a prolonged ground campaign that will lightly last for years to come.

That's a pointless exercise that did not work in Afganistan and will not work in Iran.

And all it will serve to achieve is to reinforce their ideologies and bring about the next generation of terrorists.

That's just my opinion of course.

Its 2020 baby and they are still in the 50s as far as war is concerned. No need for any ground attack, no hunting guerrilla style. Its all death from above now on a scale never seen before. We will literally take out all command and control, all infrastructure, all water electric and so on. Its lights out with much of their military gone and then the young masses that have been protesting get their turn.

edit on 5-1-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

As to the war on terrorism, we created these groups and people, and help fund and sell them weapons via proxy.

I get tired of hearing this over and over...lol We didn't create crap, we supported groups that we hoped would work with us, but we didn't create their extremest religious ideology, we didn't create their warlord ideology so on and so forth. We try and work with people who are all crap in their own way, but hey if that is all you have to work with then you have little choice.

Also, there is expiration date on that so called US "creation". To suggest what we supported in the 80s against Russia are the same today that is so far off base. Hell, most can't even live to 40....

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Was that not back when they were ""freedom fighters"" as opposed to ""terrorists""?

Tomayto, Tomahto really, we had a had in there rise to power, a hand in arming and funding them, and we probably still do.

Russia and the cold war are not the scary monsters that they once were hence a war on terror is the colour of our day.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Good luck with that as the Iranian air defense capabilities are not exactly obsolete.

And if it was that easy i imagine we would have done so quite some time ago.

Personally i don't imagine it will be an easy task, i do know it will be a costly one all the same.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Iran has some social issues right now, they need the great Satan to help regain a level of control so sacrifice some of their own and use the boogyman to scare people back into line.

Nobody wants a war...

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   

a reply to: JBIZZ

Well if you can come up with a solution to Islams 1.8 billion adherents, 24.1% of the world population, practicing their religion i would love to hear it.

There is about as much as a war on terrorism is there is a war on drugs I'm afraid.

Now monies, profit, power, oil, and other resources, that's a whole nother kettle of fish.

Fake some ancient scrolls that are calling everyone to suicide and threat with hell everyone who doesn't. I bet that this 24.1% would drop by at least 10%

<< 1    3 >>

join