It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Trump just accidentally end our forever war in Iraq?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

You can't polish a turd my friend.

Regardless, its about time they were just left to put their own house in order......or bring it all tumbling down.
Either way; its up to them, let them get on with it.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

But what can we do?

I don't know.....I've never professed to have any answers.

...... resettle them to the UK?

Bugger off No #ing chance!

We have far too many 'Kurdish' Barbers Shop's as it is!

How about trying something novel like letting them live somewhere like Kurdistan?

We were asked to leave. I don't think it's up to us anymore

Err....well leave then.
Leave it all up to them.
Let's hope they take the same stance with Iran etc.....but I doubt it.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I don't think it was accidental.

We have no business there fighting for a government that created ISIS along with Obama.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Don't call again, Iraq. When the Horde of Sunnis you people have marginalized and killed off create another ISIS to come after your Iranian backed parliament, DO NOT CALL US.
edit on 1 5 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Qanon people think trump is a 5-D chess genius. Apparently he just jumped up 50 IQ in intelligence from his reality shows and attention-seeking adulatory when becoming president.

Cult of personality.....

Ill believe it when i see it. Trump claimed indefinite stay in iraq and further increased our ability to drone strike causing in more civilian casualties. He also also kept up with the status quo of lying about Afghanistan like Obama and bush before him.

Qanon has failed on all big promises and it's easy to attach cryptic messages to the large wealth of information on the web or future news stories.

Trump and qanon have yet to prove themselves in some dramatic anti-nwo fasion .
edit on 5-1-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

So far, Trump has now got the anti-Trump people to lament the death of terrorists, Iran, and staying in Iraq to perpetuate a war no one wants.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

im not exactly a blind trump fan

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

hat if Trump had just not messed with Obama's foreign policy it would have all worked out..

Read the Pentagon papers..

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

What we were doing was providing...
Guns, equipment, training...that stuff isn't free and Iraq isn't rich. But hey if they don't want it by all means please free up some dollars in the budget.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Okay, fair enough

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Yeah, but his poll numbers aren't in a tailspin and impeachment is working in his favor.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

lol
so?
he doesnt want a ground war or occupation either
edit on 1 5 2020 by dashen because:

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I think this is great. Let’s take our ball and go home.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Except we won't. The U.S. military presence there is not limited to Iraq.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Do you continue throwing good money after bad? When you make a mistake do you try correcting it with continuing to prosecute that mistake? George W. Hotshot Bush let himself be persuaded to prosecute a war on Iraq, and Obama compounded Bush' blundering mistake by letting Hilldog get into the act by prosecuting a proxy war on Syria using the State Department and now we expect Trump to go down the same road here and commit even more international lawlessness by not getting the hell out of there? Trump needs to bomb the sheat out of Saudi Arabia. and Turkey.

He needs to try to drone Obama, Bush, Hilldog, Chaney and more than just a few in the democratic House of Representatives.
edit on 5-1-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I figured the reason that U S A was still there to hang out in their 19 new bases....military bases located where that bunch wanted them......was the talk on the street 3 years ago.....stuff like that
edit on 5-1-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
this is more a symbolic act of appeasement to iran to protect themselves, even if they fully approve this measure it'll still take a year to even beginthe process.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I don't think it was accidental.

We have no business there fighting for a government that created ISIS along with Obama.

SOS Pompeo says Iraq leadership doesn't REALLY want us out of the country. They're just giving in to the more radical factions, like Pelosi gave in to "The Squad".

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
www.bloomberg.com...

mobile.twitter.com...

So our president used Iraq to lure him in under false pretenses then assassinated him. What a cowardly piece of # move thats going to rightly have no one trusting us ever again. Congrats guys. What a brilliant 74D chess move!

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join