It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pacific nation of Palau bans sunscreen toxic to coral reefs in environmental world first

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable
Augustus, get out of your pool and stop trying to start fights.

Still waiting.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Metallicus
However, if there is an equitable solution that allows both of them to live in relative health then that would be the best option.

There is, don't use sunscreen with oxybenzone or wear a shirt and a hat when you go to Palau.
Your nonexistent problem is now solved.

i got what is likely my worst sunburn while wearing a shirt years a few years back. and that includes under said shirt. the only place i didn't get the sunburn was under my "anti-rash" tank top i was wearing under my shirt. that same shirt was no problem in north America, but once in the tropics it was apparently useless. so unless you are wearing a shirt that is specifically designed to protect you from the sun, no wearing a shirt is not the answer.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: generik

I love my rash guards. They work well for me under our tropical sun. Much cooler than cotton.

Zinc oxide is a great applied sunscreen but it looks so nerdy. Combine it with clip-on shades and you're doomed.

edit on 1/4/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
So now human beings have to die of skin cancer so coral can live.

No, just human beings need to be less selfish. Besides, you can get coral-friendly alternatives.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: generik
so unless you are wearing a shirt that is specifically designed to protect you from the sun, no wearing a shirt is not the answer.

So wear a shirt that is 'specifically designed to protect you from the sun' when you visit Palau and suck it up.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Me on my next trip to Palau.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join