It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freewill Is An Installed OS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   

FREEWILL IS AN ILLUSION...

Now I've been meditating a lot recently and I mean like a lot a lot, I meditate in an odd way to a point I can no longer feel my breath and to an experience where I am as if observing my body from a 360-degree point of view.

So, during my regular observational meditation, I decided to question things and came to a really messed up conclusion!

I asked myself: "Who am I?"

I know where I was born, I know my mother and father, I know my experiences and my hopes/dreams etc.

What confused me the most was the realization that my personality is merely morals that were instilled into me by my parents as I grew up.

My character was shaped and molded like a block of clay by the experiences I have gone through in life as I grew to this point now.

I then kept looking around myself and observing my body, I then said: "Sure all those things factored into making me become who I am now, but I still have freedom of choice also known as freewill".

And it was at that moment that I realized the truth that Freewill is the illusion or rather an operating system that is installed into us over our life span bit by bit!

The thing is that we can debate morals and character but they too are nothing more than things which are taught to us over a period of time, both through our family and outside influence. The illusion of choice is more terrifying we think that we want to do something just because of choice and yet this is not the fact!

We choose our professions based on wants and needs, wants to be better off than our parents or because we know we can earn more money there thus the needs come into play.

We marry at a specific time because our ultimate attraction has been programmed into us to a specific mate biologically, and we were also taught specific characteristics for a mate to be attracted to due to cultural and social programming. At times we stay single because we know the hassle a relationship can bring and this is not by choice because we were too taught the negative attribute and annoyances.

You can debate that - What is stopping you to go grab a knife and cut your finger off right now?
Your morals because you know it is idiotic to do such a thing, yet another part of you might push through with it and that would be based on lack of morals or an egoistical character to prove to yourself that you are in control of your choices. Yet, the ego of it all is part of your personal character that you developed so you would be nothing more than proving yourself wrong.

So morals and character are nothing more than so-called fail-safes within the operating system of freewill that at times ensure that you don't kill yourself off too early or fall too far into the chaos of life.

As I kept observing myself the deeper I dug into the realization the more I began to understand that we are nothing more than empty slates of a false narrative dogma that keeps running in the circle of the illusion that the rat race of freewill is.

I said to myself: "Surely there is far more to this than just nothingness"

That is when I saw my body flash onto an endless infinite bridge with no end, the sky was all colors of the rainbow and below the bridge was a water that was so perfect that it was reflecting the sky like the ultimate copy.

As my body sat on the bridge I began to see the air around my body begin to form as if a barrier of heat, that we usually see coming off a hot road or pavement on a super hot/humid summer day. Within this strange moment, I saw a crystal shape of some sort phase out of my body and it floated out, it was in the shape of a perfect tear or as a seed and as it floated towards the edge of the bridge it fell into the water. I observed the water become disturbed and the image was gone upon that moment the entire water became an infinite amount of these seeds and crystals sparkling like the most beautiful gems or diamonds.

In all honesty, I could not tell and then I realized that maybe this is what we are or could be, although we believe we are separate we are nothing more than tiny seeds of a giant ocean that record these individual experiences of each life to add to the infinite ocean of knowledge.

So the reason for creation could be an infinite expression of life and collection of knowledge? Although I could be very wrong!

However, I was instantly flashed onto what I can assume was an off-world location and yet existing next to ours, a replica of our planet but in perfect form. It had the softest grass and as I sat up I saw nature in perfection that integrated with some sort of buildings, technology, and nature were one and the same. There were animals everywhere but they did not attack nor fear me for my presence there and that is when I heard a subtle whisper of the wind that was around me and within me.

It said "Welcome to Eden child of" and then before it could finish I was instantly vacated Hahahaha... literally shot out and sucked out of there before I could even ask the first question!

Just picture a powerful suction sound and poof you are back in your bed sitting there wondering what the hell just happened!

Through this experience, I understand that in truth freewill is an illusion and we are learning far more than we can actually comprehend or even wrap our minds around.

Let me know what you all think!

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: WanderingMrM
Shane. Come back. Free Will is a condition that does not need to be adhered to.

edit on 27-12-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Everything is connected to everything else. Our lives are part of larger context in which we have no control over what choices get presented to us. So in this sense we have no free-will. However, there is something strangely spiritual about the Universe. If we truly had no free-will our experiences would be way more boring. If we truly lived in a clockwork Universe with hard determinism then things would be a lot more predictable and repetitive. However, nature always seems to turn out to be so much stranger than anything we could have ever imagined. The Universe is inherently non-repetitive. But it is also has a creative genius to it where the strangest possible results are always occurring on many different levels. It seems to me the Universe is about as far away from clockwork Universe as we can get. There's a very strange path we experience with what happens. In many ways, what happens almost seems to be designed to be the most astonishing experience we could possibly have. Yes there's a lot repetitive results. But I'm just awe and floored by how much is NOT repetitive. And strangely directed as if some future result is giving purpose to how the Universe is evolving or unfolding.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

If 'non duality' is understood then what is there that could have freewill?

Non duality is one with no second.... life is happening.... it is not really made of separate things, it just appears that way.

edit on 28-12-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Ah but to the contrary.

Freewill is the ONLY true weapon we have, everything else is the illusion you think your onto.
The only problem is that the overwhelming majority have no idea how to access/implement this Freewill into the illusion sold/programmed into them that is life/existance - and then there's the ones who just ignore their souls pleas to exercise said non illusional Freewill for fear of the ramifications that the path will take them down.

As for not cutting of fingers due to morals????????? - please try it, that way you took the moral high ground and saved us from anymore of these hallucinogenic trips by removing your ability to type.

Best get a new meditation instructor as your previous one is leading you FAR FAR FAR away from Freewill which your responses are already hinting towards.

No wonder it's a illusion to you.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU
'A man can do as he wills... but he cannot will what he wills'. Artur Schopohauser.

You can choose what you prefer..... however you cannot choose your preferences.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Sheep have no free will, and thats what most people are. Keep searching bud you're nowhere near the truth, neither am I but I know I have no clue to what truth is. The only truth I see is change so keep adapting and moulding your own path. Make sure it's like no others.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks

Sheep have no free will, and thats what most people are. Keep searching bud you're nowhere near the truth, neither am I but I know I have no clue to what truth is. The only truth I see is change so keep adapting and moulding your own path. Make sure it's like no others.

Which ice-cream flavour do you prefer.... chocolate or vanilla?

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I'm using Zorin OS on my other PC, I can choose a windows layout, a mac layout or a Ubuntu layout.

It's mint.. I don't mean the OS... But it's my free will to choose how I want it.

As for life, free will is not even an illusion. You can't do anything. You have a rule book thats says what you're allowed to do, and in some places that's a book 1200 pages big.

Free will, hah.. I have free will, I do what I want, but never get caught.

edit on 28-12-2019 by TrustedTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
'A man can do as he wills... but he cannot will what he wills'. Artur Schopohauser.

You can choose what you prefer..... however you cannot choose your preferences.

However those choices are directly proportional to the tools you have in your toolbox. This be why formative years are so important and thus highjacked.

The system ensures your toolbox has all the WRONG tools that you need for the job.

Those with Freewill recognize this and attempt swap outs of that toolbox via - i.e meditation, religion, spirituality need i go on.

Only to find the system has covered that to.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks

Which ice-cream flavour do you prefer.... chocolate or vanilla?

There vill be only grey ice cream from now on. By order of the left.

And it vill be nonsense flavored, so you vill never know just what flavor it is. And NEVER ask. Or you vill be arrested by the neo gestapo and hounded on facebook.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TrustedTruth
You obviously prefer Zorin OS!!

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   

It's quite swift and shifty, I must say. I do like how it doesnt nag you, and just acts like an OS.

AND it runs all my hardware, which I like.

edit on 28-12-2019 by TrustedTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrustedTruth

It's quite swift and shifty, I must say. I do like how it doesnt nag you, and just acts like an OS.

So would you use a system that you feel is inferior to Zorin?

And if you stumbled across a better system would you not leave Zorin?

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Can you know what thought will appear next, prior to it's appearance?

The knower of the thought and the thought (the known) arise as one seamless happening.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   

The idea of no control and no controller is so terrifying that this video discussion will not be heard (by the majority) ..... anger may well arise when the subject of no free-will is being discussed.

But it is actually the freedom that is longed for.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Wait, what? You just said I prefer Zorin.. Now I prefer an inferior OS?

Where have I lost the plot.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Wait, what? You just said I prefer Zorin.. Now I prefer an inferior OS?

Where have I lost the plot.

I am not sure where you lost it.... where did you have it last?

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
What I am saying is..... is it really a choice when you use what you prefer?

Can you choose what to prefer?
Would you ever choose what you don't prefer?

Where do preferences come from?

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Can you know what thought will appear next, prior to it's appearance?

The knower of the thought and the thought (the known) arise as one seamless happening.

Yes if the environment is right.

(Nutshell example) -

The knower of the thought and the thought itself once known is triggered by stimulus and the brain plays catch up to that stimulus. Colloquially known as reflex action. I.E blinking to defend the eye from airborne threats before the appearance of thought (known), reason for that blink or head movement suggests convincingly that the thought has happened before the next known thought but the (known) thought must have happened first for the physical response to have taken place to begin with.

So then the individual may say oh that was close but the mind already knew that and acted to reduce the time delay catch up. So the brain new what thought would appear next (which of course would be blink and move) prior to its appearance next.

Conscious awareness levels so if you can recognize the stimulus (correct tools in toolbox) you will recognize what thought will appear next.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join