It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freewill Is An Installed OS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: TrustedTruth
What I am saying is..... is it really a choice when you use what you prefer?

Can you choose what to prefer?
Would you ever choose what you don't prefer?

Where do preferences come from?

The preferences come from basic knowledge of each system, the plus, and minuses each one has, and in general, the choice would actually be based on both knowledge and recommendation of others.

So in truth, the choice would not be of one's own will but rather the general consensus of which is more reliable, easier to use and operate in general etc.

This is what I am talking about, when have any of our choices have truly been our own?

If you break down the decision you make you realize how truly influenced out choices are may it be due to morals, character or general consensus of the outside influence/knowledge from others.

This is what I am trying to portray here and bring forward, mankind still has a lot to wrestle with what freewill is.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU
Physical responses is not what I mean when I say 'thought' .

Look right now to where thought (mind speak) occurs....can you know what thought will appear until it does?

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
a reply to: WanderingMrM

Sheep have no free will, and thats what most people are. Keep searching bud you're nowhere near the truth, neither am I but I know I have no clue to what truth is. The only truth I see is change so keep adapting and moulding your own path. Make sure it's like no others.

Which ice-cream flavour do you prefer.... chocolate or vanilla?

Ice cream is ice cream with merely different additives to stimulate specific sensations based on taste.

So you are not really choosing the flavor nor one you prefer exactly, you will choose what your chemical/emotional response will put forward at that specific moment. Because your body will direct you towards the one you will so-called "crave" although in reality, it is not by choice!

And here is the interesting bit, let's say your body tells you to reach for that chocolate flavor and instead you go for the other flavor like bubble gum. You will realize something rather strange when you taste this ice cream, it will taste rather disappointing and your thoughts/emotions will keep reminding you "I bet that chocolate flavor would have tasted 10x better".

These are the little things we humans do not notice and not really pay attention to! I have been running these little tests and I do not really like the results...

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The truth of the matter is there is no one in the body...... the appearance of life is empty.
There is no self within.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Look right now to where thought (mind speak) occurs....can you know what thought will appear until it does?

You can not know until it appears/generates as a response, and this has been throwing me into the loop or a bus. I begin to question it all lately, I once entered a state of no thought and no emotions etc.

The world became still, silent as if everything stopped and I slowly suspect someone is suggesting the actions rather than you individually controlling them.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
What tests?
And what is it that you found that you don't like?

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
The field is the sole governing agency of the particle...... according to Einstein.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

The truth of the matter is there is no one in the body...... the appearance of life is empty.
There is no self within.

It is interesting to see that the self is merely a construct that is moulded and developed over time, actions are processes of suggestions based on calculations which occur through experiences.

What more is stranger is that the deeper I think, the harder is the push back!

At times I would have dreams of beings, other worlds and experiences some would call spiritual in nature.

I also began to notice when I enter these states of realization/being those around me begin to look at me in an odd way some would even slightly become aggravated with me for no reason.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Look right now to where thought (mind speak) occurs....can you know what thought will appear until it does

Your missing the point through no fault of our own thats the aim of giving us the incorrect tools.

Its not about the physical response - the physical response is the cue that we're missing something in the recognition and appearance of thought.
edit on 28-12-2019 by CthruU because: 1

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   

What tests?
And what is it that you found that you don't like?

Breaking down how a thought came to be, where it originated, how it became constructed and what sources could have influenced it. Then I realize that the though is a mere combination of all those expressions shaped into a response as if an output, at times it feels like you are asking a siri a question and you get an output of an answer.

Although in truth you are not really lodging any inquiry so where is the input even coming from?

These are the strange things I have been contemplating etc...

I believe we have 3 natures to us, the conscious, the subconscious and the shadow, that shadow is where it is all generating from and yet from it emerges the light or the process that stimulates it all.

I know how insane this all sounds!

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

And here is the interesting bit, let's say your body tells you to reach for that chocolate flavor and instead you go for the other flavor like bubble gum. You will realize something rather strange when you taste this ice cream, it will taste rather disappointing and your thoughts/emotions will keep reminding you "I bet that chocolate flavor would have tasted 10x better".

That is the exact point that another universe split off where one chose the chocolate .

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The whole point though is that thought is assumed to have a 'thinker' that thought it.

There is no thinker of thought... or doer of actions.

There is just what is happening... nothing is behind what is happening... no in or out.

Form is empty.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Yep picked up butterscotch for a change but only did it the once.... the preference here is chocolate....

I love chocolate icecream and I cannot choose to love vanilla.... or butterscotch icecream.

edit on 28-12-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

That is the exact point that another universe split off where one chose the chocolate .

What other universe?
Uni means one..... the one unfolding.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Everything is appearing out of nowhere.

Now-here (nowhere) is all there is.

Utopia means the 'placeless place'

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

What other universe?
Uni means one..... the one unfolding.

Never heard of the infinite number of universes in the infinite number of multiverses ?
Where ya been for 20 years or so ?
Welcome to the 21st Century .
Pull up a chair and sit a spell.

edit on 12/28/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I think you would really enjoy listening to Tim Cliss, he is pretty funny the way he tells it.... this vid has been named:

Life's a car crash.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
Imagination is amazing.....
The assumption of something does not mean it actually exists.

What does actually exist?

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Imagination is amazing.....
The assumption of something does not mean it actually exists.

What does actually exist?

Not imagination , physics .
Quantum Theory Physics.
You are still welcome to stay , though.

edit on 12/28/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Did you say 'theory'?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join