It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCOTUS: No Articles of Impeachment or Trial Required for Senate to Acquit

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

Oh and that all improved under a conservative presidency btw. That’s fact.

Libtards don’t accomplish a damned thing.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   
UPDATE: Senate Leader Mitch McConnell says Witnesses could be a component in the upcoming Senate Impeachment Trial, if House Leader Nancy Pelosi ever sends the Impeachment Articles over to the Senate.

SOURCE: theweek.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

I'm very happy with some of what Trump has done (and is doing), I'm happy enough with much of what Trump is doing.

I'm not at all happy at how long it's taking to "drain the swamp," and I'd like to see more transparency with regards to the multiple investigations being conducted -- which is within his power. I'm not at all happy with his choice of AG, who I do not think is helping the process. I suspect exactly the opposite.

However, this sham of an impeachment has pissed me off no end -- as a citizen, not as a Trump supporter -- so Trump will have my vote in November. No third party for me this election...

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
UPDATE: Senate Leader Mitch McConnell says Witnesses could be a component in the upcoming Senate Impeachment Trial...

I would certainly expect so!

...if House Leader Nancy Pelosi ever sends the Impeachment Articles over to the Senate.

McConnell doesn't need to wait on Nancy for anything. He knows what needs to be done. He has the power to do it. The ball's in McConnell's court.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Sookiechacha

All good questions.
If trump wants witnesses Chuck Schumer gets to call witnesses too.
He will call all the people who were told by trump not to go to the hearings.

Haha! No.

Ask the House how that little scenario went. The Dems got any witness they wanted, then denied all the GOP's requested witnesses. Then, they allowed one, who happened to also be a Dem, but didn't agree with them, so they ignored him and didn't ask him anything themselves. Only the GOP Reps did.

Nope. The Senate will do what they want, just like the House did.

How's it feel to be on the opposite end of "fairness"? LOL

Thanks House Dems for showing that we don't have to follow any kind of precedent, or civility.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Boadicea

Rudy is gathering conspiracy theories. Getting information from known criminals and corrupt individuals in Ukraine.
He has absolutely nothing of any value to trump.

You're funny!

The whole House "case" isn't a conspiracy theory to you then? Well, with no evidence, and a TON of hearsay, that's exactly what it is.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

Thanks House Dems for showing that we don't have to follow any kind of precedent, or civility.

Yup -- that's exactly the precedent they set for any/all proceedings going forward. I want McConnell and the Senate to do better than the House, to do the right thing for the right reasons, for the benefit of the nation and We The People. But the House has made up the rules as they went along, in the most partisan and unjust fashion, and they've played their hand. I would say they over played their hand, but whatever. In any case, they now have to accept whatever the Senate chooses to do -- or not do. They can whine and complain, but they have no legal recourse.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Yup -- that's exactly the precedent they set for any/all proceedings going forward. I want McConnell and the Senate to do better than the House, to do the right thing for the right reasons, for the benefit of the nation and We The People. But the House has made up the rules as they went along, in the most partisan and unjust fashion, and they've played their hand. I would say they over played their hand, but whatever. In any case, they now have to accept whatever the Senate chooses to do -- or not do. They can whine and complain, but they have no legal recourse.

I get what you're saying about wanting the Senate to do better than the House. I really do.

But that ship has sailed. When they passed 100% partisan Articles of Impeachment based on the most partisan hit job I've ever seen....... nope.

Time for the Senate to let them understand what they did was wrong with an experience, not words.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I get what you're saying about wanting the Senate to do better than the House. I really do.

But that ship has sailed. When they passed 100% partisan Articles of Impeachment based on the most partisan hit job I've ever seen....... nope.

It's always a good time to do the right thing... and that isn't necessarily the nice thing. It doesn't even mean finding that proverbial middle ground. When one party goes to such extremes -- such as now -- the right thing is to bring it back into balance and harmony with the law -- both Natural Law and Constitutional Law.

I damn well want McConnell and Trump to play hardball. Flex their considerable muscle. Use the law and their principles to totally and completely blow their faux outrage and phony "evidence" out of the water.

Because here's the thing: When you do the right thing for the right reason, magic happens. No matter how bleak the consequences and repercussions might appear to be, amazing good comes from it. Each and every time.

Time for the Senate to let them understand what they did was wrong with an experience, not words.

Definitely. No more games. No more partisanship. No more politics. Give us the truth, the WHOLE truth, and nothing but the truth. We'll figure it out.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
Republicans did not get to call witnesses in the house hearings. I guess that is ok with you. Again Marxist double standards of which you live up too.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join