It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCOTUS: No Articles of Impeachment or Trial Required for Senate to Acquit

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Rudy is gathering conspiracy theories. Getting information from known criminals and corrupt individuals in Ukraine.
He has absolutely nothing of any value to trump.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa

FISA?
or dear.

No that may get mention because its one of the worthless soundbites but it wont be submitted as any kind of evidence.
The trial has to be about the articles of impeachment. Not history or how it used to be.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

Well its not like it has not been all over the news.

He said he already made up his mind. He said is is not an unbiased juror. He won't give a fair trial.

Nancy wants him to have to agree to a fair trial.

What american doesn't want to see a fair trial?

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The Republicans in the Senate are just trying to see what is the best way to milk this to the public in their advantage. Should they just acquit him outright or hold a long trial to drag other people into the lime light.

edit on 23-12-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Who doesnt want to see a fair trial?
The democrats in the House.a reply to: Sillyolme

edit on R302019-12-23T14:30:30-06:0002pmMon, 23 Dec 2019 14:30:30 -060023PM by RichardA because: Spelling. Grammer nazis and all.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I kind of wanted a fair hearing first in the House with a non-partisan vote before it goes to the Senate, what american doesn't want to see a fair hearing?

BTW did you even read the OP's post as to what is fully in the rights of the Senate to do? Our forefathers really wanted the removal of a President to be non-partisan as in both side agree he should be removed, and that is not the case with Trump which I assume you agree to that and so no matter what Trump did he should not be removed if it is not non-partisan.

I got a better idea for you, just vote him out in Nov...I know, I know that is like crazy talk, right?

edit on 23-12-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The democrats it seems. Or they would not held this bs kangaroo court/vote the way they did.

You talk about fairness?

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Rudy is gathering conspiracy theories. Getting information from known criminals and corrupt individuals in Ukraine.
He has absolutely nothing of any value to trump.

Maybe. Maybe not. I'll reserve judgment until I see what all he's got.

And if anyone's got anything better.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I just heard that Nancy Pelosi is adding new impeachment articles to the two that are already being held back.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Brenner Clapper and Comey? What do they have to do with this whole Ukraine thing?

This is not going to be a rehash the past three years thing. It is concise and focused only on what he has been impeached for.
What could any of them say about that?
Right. Nothing.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
As if the intent was not clear enough already, she is pulling this move just to really make it clear and obvious what it is all about.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

All it takes is a majority vote 51...

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

He said he already made up his mind. He said is is not an unbiased juror. He won't give a fair trial.

And that's the crux of it all. The Senate doesn't "have to" do anything. No one can make them. Certainly not Nancy. And the more she plays partisan political games with this impeachment, the more she discredits [ETA: herself and her party's abuse of] what should be a sober and solemn process. Not a political football.

And exactly the same for what McConnell and the Senate does and does not do about her demands.

I think most of us want to see a fair trial... for different reasons though. And our ideas of "fair" would probably also greatly differ.

But in practice, I doubt any of us would be completely happy with what we'd get. People in Hell will get ice water before we get a fair trial in the Senate.
edit on 23-12-2019 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Oh thats too funny.

Yeah Rudy is going to just pull this all together.

Trump used extortion to get a newly elected president to do his bidding. He wanted to have an announcement of an investigation. He didnt even care if there was a friggin investigation. He only wanted the soundbite for his 2020 campaign which polls show any dem on the ticket beating him but mostly Biden, who amazingly is the only person he wanted an announcement about.
Why don't you ask yourself why they would not immediately bring charges against Biden and his son and have our DOJ do the investigation.
I will tell you why...because there is nothing there and they want a show. Trump the carnival barker wants a show.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
The Republicans in the Senate are just trying to see what is the best way to milk this to the public in their advantage. Should they just acquit him outright or hold a long trial to drag other people into the lime light.

I'm pretty sure that lots of folks are milking this -- or trying to milk this -- for their own advantage. Lots and lots of folks!

Everything is an opportunity for critters. Let no crisis go to waste and all that rot.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

a reply to: tanstaafl

Brenner Clapper and Comey? What do they have to do with this whole Ukraine thing?

We'll find out soon enough... once one or more are in cuffs, and singing a different tune.

This is not going to be a rehash the past three years thing. It is concise and focused only on what he has been impeached for.
What could any of them say about that?
Right. Nothing.

What if they were intimately involved in Ukrainian meddling in our 2016 elections?

Doesn't matter. It is called exculpatory evidence.

If it can be proven that their 3+ year long 'investigation' can be shown to be based on a huge fraud on the court, that, my dear, would be extremely relevant.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Yeah Rudy is going to just pull this all together.

Yup. Rudy is the only one I know of who has been doing the basic investigative work, tracking all this down, talking to the very people who were involved, who have personal knowledge, who are purportedly providing records and documents, who wanted to bring evidence to our authorities and tried to bring evidence to our authorities, but who were denied Visas to do so, and otherwise thwarted by official channels.

If Rudy's full of crap, and does not have the firsthand witnesses and documentation to back it up, then we need to know that too. But Rudy has the experience and the know-how to do this right. I'll give him a chance.

Trump used extortion to get a newly elected president to do his bidding. He wanted to have an announcement of an investigation. He didnt even care if there was a friggin investigation. He only wanted the soundbite for his 2020 campaign which polls show any dem on the ticket beating him but mostly Biden, who amazingly is the only person he wanted an announcement about.

It is the job of our president to enforce the laws, domestically and in cooperation with foreign nations/leaders. We have a treaty with Ukraine which specifically provides for mutual cooperation and assistance in investigating corruption and crime. Long before Trump became president, Biden's employment (among MUCH other corruption in Ukraine business and politics) with Burisma was questioned, challenged, suspected, and investigated... until our Vice President Biden used extortion to get the investigating prosecutor fired.

Why don't you ask yourself why they would not immediately bring charges against Biden and his son and have our DOJ do the investigation.

I have asked myself that, and I've come up with several possible answers, and combinations thereof. I don't know enough to narrow it down. None of us do.

I will tell you why...because there is nothing there and they want a show. Trump the carnival barker wants a show.

If that's the only possible reason you can come up with, it says more about you than anyone else.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Democrats. They want trials their way or no way. Why hasn't Slurring Nancy turned in the articles yet? My guess is that she forgot all about it when she sobered up.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I don't really think the GOP is dumb enough to completely change the rules regarding impeachment.

Even then, if the attempt gets filibustered it will require a 2/3 vote.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

The Senate's rules for impeachment lay out a very strict timetable. The only days they get off are Sundays. No exceptions for holidays.

If there's any chance pf getting an actual trial it will have to come after Christmas. Because I can't imagine many Senators are going to be enthused with giving up their weeks long vacation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join