It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing software glitch sends Starliner crew capsule into the wrong orbit

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Boeing software glitch sends Starliner crew capsule into the wrong orbit minutes into its first test flight and it WON'T reach the ISS in major setback for NASA's astronaut taxi service

Well, that's embarrassing. A software glitch on the Boeing Starliner sends it in an orbit that can't dock with the space station? I expect contracts will be lost and folks will get fired after this fiasco. If my 401k has exposure to Boeing stock I will need to be making some changes fairly quickly.

Yes they took a beating today it seems.

edit on 12/20/2019 by machineintelligence because: added content

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   
If they loaded it with the 737 MAX software... they are lucky it made it into orbit...

edit on 20-12-2019 by madmac5150 because: Jeffery Epstein didn't kill himself...

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

If SpaceX hasn't lost any contracts or fired anyone over their issues, why would Boeing?

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I was just reading Market Watch so what do I know? Right?

www.marketwatch.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Maybe some software engineers put the glitch in on purpose and shorted the stock. It could happen.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

If SpaceX hasn't lost any contracts or fired anyone over their issues, why would Boeing?
I figure maybe because SpaceX is still techinically developing through trial and error as it is still percieved in its infancy.

Meanwhile, Boeing is set and ready to go, desiging Fifth Generation fighters and a slew of amazing technologies, this is rightfully a huge LOSING BID, that something as small as a software glitch would cause the capsule to off course.

For all we know, it could have crashed into the ISS.

But that's just my opinion *shrugs*

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I had not thought of that but of course, you could be correct. My brain just is not wired to see the possibility without someone else pointing it out. How hard would it be? They likely have both stock and options so who knows?

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

or its meeting someone else

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Boeing is the worst company of the year, according to Yahoo Finance readers

I checked and it seems I am not exposed to Boeing stock. I am glad because when it rains it pours on this occasion it seems.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   
No Christmas gifts or Christmas dinner for the people on the space station. Maybe Santa can get some stuff to them....on a Russian rocket.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Russian Santa. That gave me a chuckle.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence

Russian Santa. That gave me a chuckle.

Well, the north pole is heading to Siberia. Santa has to start Colluding with the Russians if he wants to stay in business.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   

We live in an age where CEOs and presidents are committing crimes left and right for their own personal enrichment. It just seems logical the people who are most well versed in logic would conclude it's time to "get some".

edit on 21-12-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
No Christmas gifts or Christmas dinner for the people on the space station. Maybe Santa can get some stuff to them....on a Russian rocket.

Ummm...why a Russian rocket...

SpaceX has been sending it’s capsule to the space station for years...all while returning it’s boosters to the launch pad...and quite a number of them on a drone barge out in the Atlantic Ocean...

Boeing is yesterday’s tech...

There’s a new kid in town...faster...better...brighter...and way less expensive...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: rickymouse

Ummm...why a Russian rocket...

SpaceX has been sending it’s capsule to the space station for years...all while returning it’s boosters to the launch pad...and quite a number of them on a drone barge out in the Atlantic Ocean...

Boeing is yesterday’s tech...

There’s a new kid in town...faster...better...brighter...and way less expensive...

YouSir

Fed-Ex can get it there overnight.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Will they leave it with a neighbour if no-one answers though?

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo

Will they leave it with a neighbour if no-one answers though?

They will leave it outside on the front porch of the space station and aliens will steal it.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I knew those little grey bustards were up to no good.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

I have a strange premonition that a few of these joke posts will be removed by the mods as off topic.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join