It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Clinton Returning to Hospital to Remove Scar Tissue from Heart Surgery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Former President Bill Clinton will undergo an unusual, but relatively low-risk surgery to correct a scar tissue and fluid build-up in one of his lungs. The condition is a result of the quadruple by-pass surgery that Clinton underwent six months ago. The former President has been experiencing minor discomfort because of the condition and those close to the President during his travels to the tsunami affected areas of Asia have commented about his appearance.

www.fortwayne.com
Former President Clinton, six months after undergoing a heart operation to bypass four severely clogged arteries, requires more surgery on the same vital organ but is expected to recovery fully, his doctors said today.

Clinton, 58, will undergo a procedure for removing scar tissue from his left cavity, a rare consequence of open heart surgery scheduled for Thursday at New York Presbyterian Hospital. He is expected to remain in the hospital for three to 10 days.

Clinton, whose doctors said at a televised news conference that the former president remained otherwise in good condition, will be expected "to resume work without limitations" shortly after leaving the hospital.

One of his doctors, Dr. Allan Schwartz, the hospital's chief of cardiology, said that Clinton's visit to Indonesia, where he along with former President Bush had been coordinating relief efforts for tsunami victims, was not a factor in his health.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I'm certain that all of us here will want to remember Mr. Clinton as he undergoes this procedure. Regardless of the nature of the surgery itself, going under general anesthesia involves enough risks that anyone undergoing such procedures must sign a multitude of waivers before hand. In video of the President, which I saw today of him during his travels, he did look frail. In an interview today, he insists that he is strong. Reportedly, he walks some four to five miles a day.

Related News Links:
www.newsday.com
www.latimes.com
www.newsday.com
www.mtv.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
NEWS: Bill Clinton Admitted to Hospital for Heart Condition & Surgery

[edit on 05/3/8 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
He does look aged and pale, he doesn't resemble the Clinton of the 90s all, energetic and ready to snap one at the press.

I am not afraid of surgery itself but the though of been put under anesthesia will make me go into an anxiety attack.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I'm Worried About Him

I'm sure he's receiving the best care available from a non-nationalized healthcare system, but something “feels” wrong.

Hopefully I'm wrong and it's nothing.

While I disagree with him on just about every political point one can disagree on, and have concerns about him as a person, I don't wish him ill.

I really do hope I'm wrong, and that he has more years left in him than I think he does.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   
They say it's all good. But yeah, this seems like a little much. Especially after all that travel. Those were hard miles in Asia.

new topics

top topics

join