It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Debt Erasing Jubilee

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Maybe if they had a system in place like they do in the UK for student loans which is not triggered until you earn a certain level of pay and is interest free ?

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

This is in the article:

wants to direct financial support toward poorer students, saying there’s no reason to subsidize richer ones.

So not only is it discriminatory to people that paid off their debts, some say if you have enough money you don't get a bail out either period. This whole thing stinks!

If they really want a Jubilee, they should offer 50K to every person over 18. Why not, just print it out.
If people want to pay off their loans they can use it for that, if not, sucks to be them.

edit on 11-12-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

One of the driving forces of capitalism is to subdue the masses by funneling the middle and upper class with just basically 'stuff', it's a fundamental principle that goes back to when 'free markets' were established.

What is the point of people working day in and out if there is no 'reward'?

Debt isn't really modern day slavery, capitalism itself creates the slavery by splitting people into classes and one side of the spectrum is just essentially forced into more debt then the other. I guess you can say that those who bring more value to an economy will be in less 'debt' then those who bring little to the economy. For example, someone becoming say an engineer will be in less debt then the people below them who simply just read the engineers instructions and make the engineers ideas come to life, this is all watered down with specialization. It's a complex subject, but the end game goal of capitalism is to concentrate wealth as much as possible without distributing it liberally.

That's where the problem begins. And that's where capitalism can be viewed easily as either the savior of humanity, or in some peoples cases the downfall of it.

Erasing all debts is actually a feasible plan, but it will end up in the same boat if the same model is adopted, which is what most capitalist ventures thankfully haven't fallen victim too, in fact capitalism has actually evolved quite a bit, you have to remember when the idea of 'free market' was first sprung into action, people were working in near slave conditions, every powerhouse nation has gone through some sort of industrialization where the bottom rung of working people were either outright slaves, or paid an extreme disproportional amount to the person, or people in charge. Now look at all the workers rights we have today. Even a minimum wage is a rather massive feat of economic turn over.

Just some food for thought...

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23
a reply to: JAGStorm

I had to forego a LOT in life to pay my student loans. If others get half a house worth of debt forgiveness leg up. If they want to give me and everyone else what we paid, with interest, then fine. And give everyone else who didn't have student loans a commensurate sum, then fine.

But selecting a segment of the population for a MASSIVE boon that held back any early wealth building from another segment of the population, largely paid for BY the folks who had to pay their loans back for years? No way. I would personally go to war over this.

100%!

Underwerks, dogstar23 said it more eloquently than me... but your comment got me going

originally posted by: underwerks
I constantly here people saying “it wouldn’t be fair to the rest of us who sacrificed and paid off our student debt!”

If a person wants everyone else to go through the same hardships they did because they turned out fine, they didn’t in fact turn out fine.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

edit on 11-12-2019 by Joecanada11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
A perfect scheme... The banks sold the dept and still got bailed out.. Scheer genuis knowing that stupid people would fall in line.. The system is rigged and its a big club... And youre not in it.. a reply to: pexx421

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Stop being so logicala reply to: Joecanada11

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charliebrowndog
so lets say this becomes an option and it is known by all that this will take place. What is to stop people from maxing out all their credit cards, buying new vehicles, etc. It is just really, really, stupid. Reminds me of cash for clunkers.

People never max out their credit cards and live above their means.

That will only happen if you cancel their current debt (it is called "credit" by banks who are happy to put anyone into un-serviceable debt. Credit sounds so much less dire).

I wonder how they all got the debt credit in the first place?

edit on 11/12/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

American Debt Erasing Jubilee

What about someone that has none and is preparing to retire soon ?

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
It's baffling that people don't remember the whole bank bailouts because they're too big to fail. Wipe out the taxpayers debts to the bank. Banks fail. Government bails out banks with taxpayer money.

How could that possibly go wrong?

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Corporations get debt jubilee everyday

But that's probably cool with you

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Pandering bs but In reality it would have done more than the ceo and board of directors corporate bailouts that the republicans started and the democrats hit out if the park.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I owe 34k left on my student loans, I'd just pay the rest of them off, screw government assistance if I don't need it. I've paid off 80k give or take, I think I can manage the rest on my own thanks.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
The funny thing is that all this debt is really just modern day slavery.

Ummm... no. It isn't that hard to not get into debt, it just takes a little discipline, and a few functioning brain cells.

People are working themselves into the grave to buy disposable junk.

Stupid people, maybe. I try not to even buy disposable junk, and certainly don't go into debt for it.

And ultimately, all of this stuff they're buying is generally stuff that could be a lot cheaper (but isn't because the people at the top are so greedy).

Yeah, those workers demanding to be paid a lot more than they are worth sure are greedy!

See how that works?

People are working with $500 a month car payments for vehicles that will be practically worn out in less than ten years

Stupid people, maybe. Not me.

Debt is criminal.

Rotflmao! A nonsensical statement if I've ever heard one.

So what exactly do you think would be a better solution? Since your previous response was literally just insulting people who are you. You're part of the problem if you're not part of the solution.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Stop. You'll scare the big thinkers with all that multivariable, big-picture stuff.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort
So what exactly do you think would be a better solution?

Make it a lot harder for people to go into debt in the first place, by eliminating the 'easy debt train'.

Since your previous response was literally just insulting people who are you.

??? I was insulting stupid people who go into debt without thought to consequences.

You're part of the problem if you're not part of the solution.

I am part of the solution. I am doing the only thing that I can. Being personally responsible with my personal finances, teaching my children to do the same, helping anyone I can who express interest in cleaning up their bad choices by directing them to Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
This is the only way to break the evil Global Cabal and to repatriate the Trillions of dollars stolen from Good People.

We just all agree that we don't know what the hades they are talking about when they ask us to give them money.

Fiat money is imaginary anyways...so we just all agree to imagine it never existed.....it will not hurt the Corner Sor at all it will just hurt the Cabal members who will be fiscally broken overnight no matter howbig they were...Quad-rillions will disappear in an instant....but it wont really hurt America...it will hurt the thieves ripping America off.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Corporations get debt jubilee everyday

But that's probably cool with you

No it's not cool with me. I've actually even wrote and OP about farm subsidies too.
Free handouts may help people temporarily but long term I truly believe they do more damage.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Why not the 1% get their tax breaks so who cares.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join