It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK media reports that Vitamin D is more effective than the flu vaccine.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

How much is too muc, 400IU is what we take in the winter months.

Guess it's a good thing I like dill pickles and french fries!!!!

Thanks for the info rickymouse!!!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Vitamin D is certainly the trendy vitamin these days. Vitamin C is so old hat.

Either way, though, there's no way to "boost your immune system." If you're not already immune to something, you'll catch it. After that, it depends on your overall health as to how severe the symptoms will be and how quickly you'll recover from those symptoms.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: rickymouse

How much is too muc, 400IU is what we take in the winter months.

Guess it's a good thing I like dill pickles and french fries!!!!

Thanks for the info rickymouse!!!!!

A chemical that is added to oils to stabilize them....TBHQ....can suppress proper immunity. It does not have to be listed in cooking oils unless above a certain concentration. It is also used to stabilize the oils in many processed foods and coatings. Just a tiny amount can negatively effect our antigen immune system. There are articles on TBHQ on the net. I read that some oil producers can convert the oil itself into a chemistry similar to this and that chemistry also effects the oils metabolic effect. We can properly detox occasional small amounts, but consuming the crap regularly can cause many problems over the longterm. I have been trying to find out how to identify what oils have this and don't have it, but I haven't been able to get much info on it.

So, I wouldn't be afraid of eating some foods with this chemical in moderation, but don't overdo it. All those fish sticks and chicken patties and mozzarella sticks have some, fish might exceed the level and has to be listed if it is. Also, it is used on fresh fish in supermarkets sometimes to compliment the sulfite in them and keep the fish from tasting fishy.

edit on 9-12-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   
It's been known for years that Vitamin D, in large enough quantities, will pretty much cure anything

But the #US ruled that VItamin D was toxic in the doses needed to cure anything, so no one can actually get enough that will make a difference in their systems

If we all took enough Vitamin D, big pharma would be out of business. They've known about this since the 1920s

top topics

<< 1   >>

join