It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Went Vegan for a month

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I had to try it out after watching "Game Changer." I didn't give it up because I missed meat, but because I felt terrible; walking around feeling lethargic and sort of dizzy during the last 4 or 5 days. If there are any Vegans/Vegetarians around I sure would like to know how the heck you do it without sacrificing your health and body mass.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   
My wife went vegan for a while . Doctor's orders.(actually a recommendation)
You have to take all kinda dietary supplements.
And , the feeling of being lethargic should pass after a while .

Consult with a doctor.

edit on 11/28/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I love meat and dairy. I went Vegan for 6 months, lost 25 lbs, and felt great. I had all kinds of energy. I may do it again after New Years. It sounds like you didn't eat well balanced meals, and take certain vitamins you need

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Probably should try it one day but god damn cooked dead animals taste good. All this thread did is condemn a poor little piggy to my stomach. Bacon sandwich time.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Diet changes cause your body to make adjustments. Sometimes it feels good sometimes not so good until the body becomes accustomed to the new fuel.

Going from an unhealthy diet to a healthy one can signal the body to start cleaning out which can bring on feelings such as you described.

Good on you for giving it a go. Another few weeks and you may have started to feel much better for it.

I'm not vegan by the way but haven't eaten meat since 1986 and I feel fine. Blood tests have also shown that I don't lack anything such as iron etc. and I don't take supplements either, just a plant based diet.

A few years ago, I did a water only fast and made it to 32 days before Mrs Hammaraxx insisted that I started eating again. Yes her fault... She'd picked up a gastro virus of some sort & passed it onto me and I wasn't too well from day 30 untill day 32. During the fast my eyesight restored back to near perfect vision and although that didn't last once I started eating again, it's still much better than it was 2 years later.

Try to maintain healthy food choices now you are eating other stuff again. You're going to feel better in the long run even from a one month clean out.

Cheers

edit on 28/11/2019 by Hammaraxx because: He made a typo "ate" and changed it to "are".

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Personally, I think all the alternative(alternative to our biological nature) diets are just an un necessary complicated mess.

That said, it's entirely possible to live that lifestyle in a healthy fashion. The caveat being in current year with modern medical advancement(like someone mentioned above, taking a fair amount of supplements). It also seems that modern tech has made it easier to make complex protein in forms other than meat.

I don't care if someone wants to do it, but it's NOT how humans are biologically meant to consume the food we were designed(not biblical crap, just talking good old mother nature).

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

if vegan was how we evolved to eat, then we wouldnt need vitamins or complicated formulas to get the nutrients that we need on it.

an omnivorous diet is the best. its what we evolved to eat. lots of veg with some light animal protein thrown in the mix. by thrown in i mean 3-4x a week.

remember, hunting is hard with a stick. even apex predators with teeth and claws miss most of the time. lions have 25% success, wolves at 14%, and the mighty tiger is on 5% successful. www.discoverwildlife.com... so our ancestors didnt have a ready access to meat. they did get it, however, and made the most of it.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I clicked on the video, and was out with the intro text.

That's another thing I don't get with the whole "vegan" movement.

Spiritual nature of this whole thing. I know most people aren't religious, but I wonder what they mean.

Are we talking about the basics of "life" and "nature". Because that's us eating meat. Is mother nature or "mother earth" the spiritual guide on the vegan path? Because to be an actual part of the earth and her "system" means we eat meat(and we are eaten as well).

Seems so forced and hippy dippy to me. Like I said, I don't care if someone does it, but don't try to make it seem like it's more "being one with the earth" if anything it's the exact opposite.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Humans are omnivores.

We eat meat. We eat veggies.

Neither is unhealthy in combination.

There's a reason why a strict diet of either relies upon dietary supplements.

Our bodies need meat and veggies. That's why vegitble stew with beef is so damn good!
edit on 11/29/2019 by EternalSolace because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Vegan is a really broad term.

You can fit entirely within the "Vegan" guidelines and have an absolutely crap diet that is too sugar heavy and pretty much nutrient free, after all.

You can, however, live on a plant-based diet and get all the nutrients and protein you need.

My wife has been on a plant-based diet for about three years... she is in excellent health and she believes that her diet is what has kept her cancer in remission. The only supplements she takes are for liver function.

She has outlived her "experation date" (stage 4 leomyosarcoma, multiple tumors, 6 weeks to live) by 63 months now.

As for myself, I juice fast for 7 days out of the month.

A suggestion for anyone wanting to try a vegan diet... get a proper juicer (like a Pure or a Norwalk) and juice 5 pounds of carrots a day.

That's 6 8oz glasses a day once pressed... not a big deal.

Then focus on raw food plant based recipes till you can find some combinations that you like.

My longest juice fast was 54 days... I was feeling incredible and was running 8 miles a day on average.

There are a lot of ways to do vegan wrong.

Just like any other lifestyle.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I'm vegetation 25/55 years. I couldn't feel any better, and I never get sick. The upsides, of which there are many, far outweigh any perceived benefit of eating meat. In fact, it's kind of gross.

I do give credit to the OP for trying, their head is in the right place.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 02:26 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormson

if vegan was how we evolved to eat, then we wouldnt need vitamins or complicated formulas to get the nutrients that we need on it.

That's just bs. The only vitamins in meat are the B ones and they're in a lot of other foods too. You don't need any "complicated formulas" just a little knowledge.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Veganism isn't for everyone and has to be done 'properly'.
This is something vegan activists don't seem to mention.

Did you micro manage your diet to make sure you were getting the right amount of nutrients?
If not, you will be at risk of all the symptoms you described.
edit on 29-11-2019 by FinallyAwake because: My thumb can't spell

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 03:23 AM
link   

If there are any Vegans/Vegetarians around I sure would like to know how the heck you do it without sacrificing your health and body mass.

i am not a vegan // vegitarian - but observation of friends indicates - spend lots of time effort and money - pluss you need a far better understanding of nutitional science

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 04:26 AM
link   

My diet that i use now days after experimenting is a mixed one. It consists of lean meat in moderate amounts, together with starchy carbohydrates (including wholegrain foods), plenty of fruit and vegetables, and moderate amounts of milk and dairy foods. Also i combine that with Intermittent fasting and i feel absolute fine.

a reply to: Peeple

That's just bs. The only vitamins in meat are the B ones and they're in a lot of other foods too. You don't need any "complicated formulas" just a little knowledge.

I disagree with that statement because is false. Besides the important micronutrients that red meat provides, it also contains, on average, 20-24g of protein per 100g (when raw). Cooked red meat contains 27-35g of protein per 100g (cooked weight).

Peace

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I have no issue with veganism, so long as vegans appreciate that increased intensive soya production is calamitous to the environment, not to mention the bulldozing of rain forests to make the space and the pollution to get soya to your plate.

Veganism is not the environmental friendly solution we are told it is, especially if you live in a temperate climate.

On meat production, some nations need to sort out their methods. Intensive pig production is cruel and prevalent in places such as the US, Denmark and Germany, for example. Customers need to be more selective in what they eat, and that includes considering where their meat comes from, and the animal welfare standards applied.

As with everything, the best diet is a balanced diet.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 05:29 AM
link   

You have to take b12 and healthy fats. One good fat if vegetarian, is Ghee (clarified butter) it makes food feel satisfying. I made Gardein's Sweet and sour 'Pork' or pork-less, they call it. It is a really satisfying meal. First you fry/saute it in oil. Too much soy in your diet however is no good. You have to eat a combination of things, veg, corn, brown rice, etc. to get various proteins and nutrients. Also legumes are not necessarily good if slightly allergic to it like me. Certain beans sit well with me though. You have to find what suits you. I still eat meat however. Even just adding it to your diet (vegan/vegetarian meals) can be good. If vegetarian, drinking a small cup of warm organic milk helps feel satisfied too.

If you feel like all vegans/vegetarians look like sick anorexic crack addicts, well while many of them do, I met some that look completely the opposite and can be very built and muscular.
edit on 29-11-2019 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   

You can not eat vegan without tons of supplements, humans are not designed to be vegan.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

It's funny, when I was in India in a town with mostly veg eating people: well I ordered a chicken meal and I felt like I was hiding in the corner eating somebody's baby. You def get a different perspective when the majority of people eat veg.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join