It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Went Vegan for a month

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 05:45 AM
link   
So many diseases and problems come from meat and dairy consumption. Inflammation, etc.

Recently I had a problem w my leg, could not walk for 2 weeks. One possibility was Atherosclerosis. Atherosclerosis is an irreversible disease. Scared the sh.. out of me. Decided to go vegan for a few days (except Thanksgiving). That - diet and smoking are two big contributors. Anyway its not worth wrecking your life in your later years.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
So many diseases and problems come from meat and dairy consumption. Inflammation, etc.

Only excessive consumption, or eating too much (over) processed crap. All things in moderation. If you just ate cabbage, then you would not last long.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Im pretty sure the video was making fun of vegans, and factory farming is not "being one with the earth".

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

That's nonsense. Most soy production is for livestock use. Also, any factory farming is cruel. They force animals into miserable lives.
edit on 29-11-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: Tucket

Vegan is a really broad term.

You can fit entirely within the "Vegan" guidelines and have an absolutely crap diet that is too sugar heavy and pretty much nutrient free, after all.

You can, however, live on a plant-based diet and get all the nutrients and protein you need.

My wife has been on a plant-based diet for about three years... she is in excellent health and she believes that her diet is what has kept her cancer in remission. The only supplements she takes are for liver function.

She has outlived her "experation date" (stage 4 leomyosarcoma, multiple tumors, 6 weeks to live) by 63 months now.

As for myself, I juice fast for 7 days out of the month.

A suggestion for anyone wanting to try a vegan diet... get a proper juicer (like a Pure or a Norwalk) and juice 5 pounds of carrots a day.

That's 6 8oz glasses a day once pressed... not a big deal.

Then focus on raw food plant based recipes till you can find some combinations that you like.

My longest juice fast was 54 days... I was feeling incredible and was running 8 miles a day on average.

There are a lot of ways to do vegan wrong.

Just like any other lifestyle.

Geez, I have a juicer and never thought to use it! Ive mostly been consuming massive bean smoothies. THanks for the advice! I'll give it a go.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
I clicked on the video, and was out with the intro text.

That's another thing I don't get with the whole "vegan" movement.

Spiritual nature of this whole thing. I know most people aren't religious, but I wonder what they mean.

Are we talking about the basics of "life" and "nature". Because that's us eating meat. Is mother nature or "mother earth" the spiritual guide on the vegan path? Because to be an actual part of the earth and her "system" means we eat meat(and we are eaten as well).

Seems so forced and hippy dippy to me. Like I said, I don't care if someone does it, but don't try to make it seem like it's more "being one with the earth" if anything it's the exact opposite.

You should watch some more of his videos, you'll figure it out, lol.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
That's nonsense. Most soy production is for livestock use. Also, any factory farming is cruel. They force animals into miserable lives.

1. I know about soya production, but my point is still stands. Soyabean production is just another monocrop, and a rise in veganism will increase demand.
2. All factory farming is cruel. Just because I used the example of pig production does not mean that I was excluding chickens. The customer should be informed so as to make a choice and governments should address intensive livestock methods which leads to poor animal welfare.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
This person is the voice for vegans ? Way to fruity to be taken seriously in any food group. Really ?....
One day his relatives will see this video in the future and just gag...

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
You don’t need supplements to be vegan. You just need to think outside of what society has given us as food. You can’t expect to eat the same ole stuff you find at every supermarket. You have to eat a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, mushrooms, fermented foods, herbs, sprouted grains/nuts.

That being said, is any meat eater here really healthy? The mass majority of people eat meat and the mass majority also have serious health issues.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Seed76

Protein is not only in meat. Beans for example. And it's not a vitamine. So how is my statement false?

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
This person is the voice for vegans ? Way to fruity to be taken seriously in any food group. Really ?....

Good Gawd can none of you people pick up on satire!?

I expect more from ATS regulars!

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
I'm vegetation 25/55 years. I couldn't feel any better, and I never get sick. The upsides, of which there are many, far outweigh any perceived benefit of eating meat. In fact, it's kind of gross.

I do give credit to the OP for trying, their head is in the right place.

One of which for Vegans is to make these domesticated breed's of animal's extinct, yes those are terrible thing's and I hate the thought that calf's are killed so the cows milk can be drank by us BUT if we did not farm these animal's they could not survive in nature as they are domesticated animals, a few might survive in petting zoo's, sheep and goats would be fine since even vegan's can wear wool I would guess - unless they have really jumped through the fruit loop that is.

I would say try to eat far less meat - but you do need some - AND try to source that meat from ethical sources, there egg's and meat are actually healthier and they taste better as well.

BUT as artificial sources of protein become available and some of them are getting pretty good I personally would like to see our more inhumane practices scaled back as well, that said if we do completely cut out meat then like I point out it's goodbye to these domesticated species.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

originally posted by: FlyingFox
I'm vegetation 25/55 years. I couldn't feel any better, and I never get sick. The upsides, of which there are many, far outweigh any perceived benefit of eating meat. In fact, it's kind of gross.

I do give credit to the OP for trying, their head is in the right place.

One of which for Vegans is to make these domesticated breed's of animal's extinct, yes those are terrible thing's and I hate the thought that calf's are killed so the cows milk can be drank by us BUT if we did not farm these animal's they could not survive in nature as they are domesticated animals, a few might survive in petting zoo's, sheep and goats would be fine since even vegan's can wear wool I would guess - unless they have really jumped through the fruit loop that is.

I would say try to eat far less meat - but you do need some - AND try to source that meat from ethical sources, there egg's and meat are actually healthier and they taste better as well.

BUT as artificial sources of protein become available and some of them are getting pretty good I personally would like to see our more inhumane practices scaled back as well, that said if we do completely cut out meat then like I point out it's goodbye to these domesticated species.

Species come and go. That’s the reality of things. It would be better for the species to disappear than to exist solely for torture, imo.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket

originally posted by: Lumenari

Vegan is a really broad term.

You can fit entirely within the "Vegan" guidelines and have an absolutely crap diet that is too sugar heavy and pretty much nutrient free, after all.

You can, however, live on a plant-based diet and get all the nutrients and protein you need.

My wife has been on a plant-based diet for about three years... she is in excellent health and she believes that her diet is what has kept her cancer in remission. The only supplements she takes are for liver function.

She has outlived her "experation date" (stage 4 leomyosarcoma, multiple tumors, 6 weeks to live) by 63 months now.

As for myself, I juice fast for 7 days out of the month.

A suggestion for anyone wanting to try a vegan diet... get a proper juicer (like a Pure or a Norwalk) and juice 5 pounds of carrots a day.

That's 6 8oz glasses a day once pressed... not a big deal.

Then focus on raw food plant based recipes till you can find some combinations that you like.

My longest juice fast was 54 days... I was feeling incredible and was running 8 miles a day on average.

There are a lot of ways to do vegan wrong.

Just like any other lifestyle.

Geez, I have a juicer and never thought to use it! Ive mostly been consuming massive bean smoothies. THanks for the advice! I'll give it a go.

Regardless of what others on the thread are saying, you do not need "a ton of supplements" to live meat-free.

The only thing you lack with a plant-based diet is B12... which you can get by just using nutritional yeast in your recipes.

Don't get me wrong, I am a meat eater occasionally and don't see anything wrong with it in moderation.

It's my honest opinion that a lot of health issues we have in America is over-consumption of dairy products, processed sugar and of course processed flour... meat isn't as much of an issue until you factor in all the crap you are getting with commercially raised meat.

The majority of meat I eat is from the wild.

The pesticides in everything and "normal" city water certainly don't help us either.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Touche't ..... perhaps I acted prematurely. The dufus guy presenting himself as star advocate just shorted me out. I admit I only watched the first part and then about two thirds in...... gag! Still you'll never convince people to go vegan, shun sex and money or walk away from a BBQ'd rack of baby backs...Mahi mahi or Shredded beef tacos.....
...satire

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I had to go on and watch another one of JP's videos on enlightenment, the Ayahuasca one tickled my fancy.

JP: You can't just be anyone off the street and start giving Ayahuasca to your friends. You need to be a Shaman and luckily I am a Shaman. Becoming a Shaman is a very holy process of qualification, it is not easy.

Interviewer Question: how did you become a Shaman?

JP: Well I spent a long weekend tripping on the living room floor with a guy that calls himself a "Shaman" in his nice house in southern California.

Priceless
edit on 29-11-2019 by NoWorldOpium because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Touche't ..... perhaps I acted prematurely. The dufus guy presenting himself as star advocate just shorted me out. I admit I only watched the first part and then about two thirds in...... gag! Still you'll never convince people to go vegan, shun sex and money or walk away from a BBQ'd rack of baby backs...Mahi mahi or Shredded beef tacos.....
...satire

Im not trying to convince anyone to do anything...save maybe watching more videos of Awaken with JP.

Guy's bloody hilarious.

edit on 29-11-2019 by Tucket because: grammar time

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I was trying too work out where I had seen him before. It was this flat earth video.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Secretrooster
I agree with what you say, except this:

That being said, is any meat eater here really healthy? The mass majority of people eat meat and the mass majority also have serious health issues.

Everyone breaths, and the mass majority you say has serious health issues. Clearly breathing is the true reason for these health issues, since everyone and not just the majority does it.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade you get the award for the laugh of the day thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join