It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medicare for All - from the viewpoint of small and medium sized businesses...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Here is a video, I believe made in 2014 from a very capitalist - profit motive veiwpoint about how our current out of control healthcare system in the US (and I do include the ACA in that) is affecting small/medium businesses ability to compete in global markets because forgien competetors have national universal health care.

FIX IT: Healthcare at the Tipping Point

Here at You Tube: www.youtube.com...

or at the site that put it together - The Business Initiative for Health Policy

The Business Initiative for Health Policy is a group of business leaders, economists, and health policy experts focused on educating the public and advocating on behalf of a Single-Payer healthcare system in the US.ext

fixithealthcare.com...

Those it doesn't talk about it in the film (and the website has shorter videos for the attention challenged) but this also means that small/medium domestic businesses can not compete with the BIGS.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It has backing from Democrats only and no Fortune 500 companies. No thanks, they need to go back to private insurers and figure out how to lower the costs there instead. I don't want to give up my quality health care which will happen if we are all on the same government plan.

Link

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
It has backing from Democrats only and no Fortune 500 companies. No thanks, they need to go back to private insurers and figure out how to lower the costs there instead. I don't want to give up my quality health care which will happen if we are all on the same government plan.

Link

Two things that would help. Allow insurance companies to compete across state lines. Make doctors offices have upfront pricing for basic procedures and visits.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Link

Two things that would help. Allow insurance companies to compete across state lines. Make doctors offices have upfront pricing for basic procedures and visits.

Absolutely. Why won't Washington allow it? Could it be that insurance companies are paying them to ignore that? Why? What would the benefit be? More customers means more money, even at lower rates. Expenses will be higher but there are more customers to spread the cost over. It's basic economics, it's not rocket science. Every risk manager I've ever talked to knows this but can't explain it either.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Link

Yup. Also need to fix the tax code so that insurance is decoupled from employers. Any tax benefit should go to the individual, not the company. Making insurance portable is a huge component to bringing down cost as consumers would then be incentized to shop around.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I am actually for a single payer system. The problem is Democrats can not be trusted to create it. They will bloat it and destroy it. We need to fix immigration, remove birthright citizenship for illegals, and prevent illegals from access. We also need to allow private insurance to continue for those who want it. It needs to be well thought out and well crafted.

That can't happen today.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   
There is no way to pay for this system. It isn’t practical and it will cause people like me to pay for other people’s healthcare which should be their responsibility not mine.

edit on 2019/11/24 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

It isn’t practical and it will cause people like me to pay for other people’s healthcare which should be their responsibility not mine.

You're doing that right now, if you're paying employment or self-employment taxes.

But do you think people that can't pay medical costs should just die? Or do you think everyone should be paid enough to pay their medical costs?

edit on 11/24/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
What is the answer: Medicare + addons (that's the optional "part B" plans you see advertised on TV if you're home during the day).

What is the question: How will the 60 million working-age people compete in a globalized employment market against more than a billion working age (and free university educated) Chinese and Indian workers.

Either decrease the load on your actual working people and employers are say hello to the Chinese century. This is basic "big-picture" stuff.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You already are. I agree limiting the burden on the middle class is very important.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Depends on the person. Should someone who is a lifelong criminal who has done nothing but bring misery to others have healthcare paid for by those whose lives he destroyed?

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Good question. Sort of.
My answer would be yes. Because I think health care should be considered a basic human right. Especially in the best country on the planet. Anything less should be considered cruelty.

edit on 11/24/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Good question. Sort of.
My answer would be yes. Because I think health care should be considered a basic human right. Especially in the best country on the planet. Anything less should be considered cruelty.

I don't, and I consider it cruelty to force people to care for someone who destroyed their lives.

Even if you consider it a right, like the 2nd, you lose access to that right with certain actions. Just like felons lose the right to have a gun.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Just like felons lose the right to have a gun.

I think health care is different.

Being denied it is cruel and serves no purpose. Being denied a gun is a precaution.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I don't have an issue with universal healthcare as long as private options are available. I think we need to fix the structural issues in the market:

1) Insurance being sold across state lines
2) Price transparency of procedures
3) Decoupling insurance from employers so it is portable

I do believe free market insurance would be preferable.

With that said, we can't offer it with open borders. We also can't afford it playing world police. So if we agree to shut down the border and bring out troops home from backwater hell holes, then maybe we could get it done.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Just like felons lose the right to have a gun.

I think health care is different.

Being denied it is cruel and serves no purpose. Being denied a gun is a precaution.

Providing healthcare to someone like that serves no purpose. People like that should actually be put to death, and our prison system returned to a focus of rehabilitation. You can not rehab anyone as long as they are stuck with people like that.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Link

Obamacare allows companies to operate across state lines. They choose not to. Prices for most all services have always been available if you ask. Most of the time though you don't know what you will need when you go to the doctor, so it becomes a moot point. These two things will not help healthcare at all.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

1) The ACA provided that
2) You get an itemized bill every single time you go to a doctor or hospital .
3) Why ? Do you not realize most companies pay on your insurance premiums ? The amount varies between employers.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: Edumakated

1) The ACA provided that
2) You get an itemized bill every single time you go to a doctor or hospital .
3) Why ? Do you not realize most companies pay on your insurance premiums ? The amount varies between employers.

1) Not really.... google it.
2) You get a bill AFTER services performed.
3) Yes. Because they get a tax break for doing so. Any tax break should go to employee. The insurance should be portable. Imagine what kind of fustercluck it would be if you had to change your car insurance everytime you changed jobs? Your health insurance should have nothing to do with your employer.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   

You've changed the topic from health care to capital punishment. Congratulations.

Do you think executions should be tortuous?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join