It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Californians? Can You Explain The Rationale Of This?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: shawmanfromny

It’s just police acting as revenue collectors for the state. No different than what happened in New York with the subway police that’s causing all the protests there. In both cases neither are about safety or improving quality of life.

Police acting as revenue collectors isn’t a California thing, it’s an American thing.

California? New York? Sounds like a liberal thing.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
It's California...

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Just another day in Libsville

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
My aunt left Cali a few years ago. One of the many reasons she left was that she had a ground squirrel issue where they were eating through all the plumbing and wiring outside in her pool area. It was illegal to kill the animals personally. She had to hire some company to trap them once a month and then release them (who knows where) at a cost greater than was reasonable.

California is what happens when Lawyers get control of a state and get bored.
edit on 11-11-2019 by Fools because: ...

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: underwerks

It’s just police acting as revenue collectors for the state. No different than what happened in New York with the subway police that’s causing all the protests there. In both cases neither are about safety or improving quality of life.

Police acting as revenue collectors isn’t a California thing, it’s an American thing.

California? New York? Sounds like a liberal thing.

Believe it or not, there are actual problems that don’t involve “liberals” being nefarious henchmen.

Crazy thought I know.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Gotta love the "one of the people" outfit the board member wore to engage their customers.

"We're just like you.." Horse hockey.

What's really incredible is two fold:

1. This has been BART policy for DECADES. So calm your outrage.

2. That there is an actual STATE LAW prohibiting this under threat of arrest.

F# California.

edit on 11/11/2019 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Wow that cops reality check bounced ,

But this type of situations are common worldwide on transport systems , always a stupid bye law and a jobsworth at work , The dudes lucky to be alive especially in The USA

He could have been stun gunned/Tasered /pepper sprayed /rugby tackled/shot and then some judging by some of the clips available to view in the news over the years

The idiots really are running the Asylum in those parts

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Stupid law. Odd thing is the Dems and the left want the gov to have even more control over the life. They’re going to keep wanting it until they realize they don’t want it, then, oops too late. This is a good example of gov overreach and liberal policies in action.

I lived in LA for many a years, you couldn’t pay me to live in Ca now. I do miss the beach though.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Cali is one of the worst if not the worst revenue collectors in the country. I lived there for years. They love their jaywalking tix and the police at the beach are ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Oh they'll ticket you/fine you at the drop of a hat if you look like you have a job. I bet a bum could eat all day long on that platform and not get hassled once. I see it all the time, they'll step over a bum sleeping on the sidewalk to put a parking ticket on your car. It's not about laws or public safety it's about revenue.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Because the pussy ass officers aren't afraid of a guy holding a sandwich.

Police are a bunch of chickens hit pansies that won't do the job we pay them for, which is to stop crime and investigate crime while protecting our constitutional rights.

I was going to say I stopped when you used Californians and rationale in the same sentence... Lol

I'm a former California but couldn't handle the craziness so I left at the very beginning of this year

Jaden

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Your honor... I would like to see the incriminating evidence against me. 'burp'

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
It takes $2.1 million to hire 19 quality of life officers.
Someone made a million while the rest was on this?

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   

That's California for you.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny LOL,so stay the F out of California,why are they being used as example?,because by 2021 Calif will break from Fed,and the rest of states won't be able to support themselves,and they will take over other adjacent states,financial,intrastructure will all fail,will be a reorganizing as Fed Reserve leaves,new currency.believe it this was planned in 1812,when they attacked the USA

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join