It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ninety Trillion Dollar Fake Green Future

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: Kester

Are you happy having your tax dollars spent to enrich oil company stockholders in the form of subsidies when they already show obscene profits?

Having corporate energy control the government narrative thru their lobbiest and kickbacks?

I even have gas and oil leases on my farm....it's still time to end the oil corps/government corruption and using my tax dollars to fund it.

btw....how much does is the energy costs to fight our never ending wars in the mid east. And we still pay for that oil....

so now you are a land barron as well as all the other titles? Damn, you sure get around.

What should we be doing? Why is there no Magic Fuel stations near me? All I see is gasoline. or are you just talking to hear words?
edit on 6-11-2019 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Lmao....its a suthern thang. Bout like a buschel.

a reply to: network dude

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Says the person who thought Maoist China was 'sustainable/successful ' lol

Fossil fuels burn cleaner nowadays due to emissions testing and create less pollution than solar power for example;

'pollutants such as lead or carcinogenic cadmium can be almost completely washed out of the fragments of solar modules over a period of several months, for example by rainwater....The International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) in 2016 estimated there was about 250,000 metric tonnes of solar panel waste in the world at the end of that year. IRENA projected that this amount could reach 78 million metric tonnes by 2050.
Solar panels often contain lead, cadmium, and other toxic chemicals that cannot be removed without breaking apart the entire panel. “Approximately 90% of most PV modules are made up of glass,” notes San Jose State environmental studies professor Dustin Mulvaney. “However, this glass often cannot be recycled as float glass due to impurities. Common problematic impurities in glass include plastics, lead, cadmium and antimony.” '

www.forbes.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I think it's time for fossil fuels to be outlawed. Too much global warming. Too much air pollution.

Short sighted, as usual. You want to outlaw one thing, and the byproduct of that will be outlawing the manufacturing of something like...contraception. Bravo.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: olaru12

Are you happy having your tax dollars spent to enrich oil company stockholders in the form of subsidies when they already show obscene profits?

Having corporate energy control the government narrative thru their lobbiest and kickbacks?

I even have gas and oil leases on my farm....it's still time to end the oil corps/government corruption and using my tax dollars to fund it.

btw....how much does is the energy costs to fight our never ending wars in the mid east. And we still pay for that oil....

so now you are a land barron as well as all the other titles? Damn, you sure get around.

What should we be doing? Why is there no Magic Fuel stations near me? All I see is gasoline. or are you just talking to hear words?

I didn't mean to trigger you amigo. Yes I still own our 100yr old family farm outside Lubbock. Leased to a real farmer, which allows me the time and income to "get around" and not just oil and gas leases but cell phone towers as well. Capitalism.... alive and well in Texas.
Electric cars are the future...Prius or Tesela ring a bell?
edit on 6-11-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I have no issue with this. Any and all technology you see around you today was pay'd in IOU's to the future. And there have been monumental failures along the way. And off course shenanigans a plenty. But if it was never started, nothing would have come of it today.

This green deal future, aint no different, some are going to be scams, some are just not going to work, and some will work, and some will work just at a latter date, and offcourse the schemers and dreamers will intermingle.

While on a global scale, aint much humankind can do. It would be stupid to overlook localized changes in climate and not to look to a better future, even if that first few fail, or even if the first few thousand failed. In the long run its not only stupid....Its suicidal

And that ain't going to change in a long while. While and if mother nature decides to let the acid rains come down again, or any number of such offblances, aint # we or anybody can do. But polluting and #ting in your own backyard and having a same sort of result albeit on a much smaller scale.

Well, if there is a better way, even if that way is steeped in failures? Why not? I think people forgot the original concept of capitalism so steeped in there old way and habits. But it was this...Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

IOUs to the future is how and why you all are here, its what civilizations are built on. After all, no like we can count on the genius of 99% of the population now can we?

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

If your waiting on the Chinese to solve the localized issues they have.

You will be waiting a long time.

But then again they say necessity is the mother of invention. And they have plenty of necessity. Something that seems to be lacking now a days here in the west.

Here is one were necessity, may lead to invention down the line.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The experts tell politicians that we'll all be extinct soon. Maybe we should just live like we only have 10 years left?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join