It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen if android robots lived among us?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   
What would happen if a billionaire creates a company that produced milions of android robots that were indistinguishable from humans and then allowed them to freely live amoung society?

Would an android succeed in legally registering for an ID or obtain citizenship even without a birth certificate? Also do you believe the government/police will try to intervene?

Personally I think the government will try to intervene with the situation but obviously not overtly , I don't think they will send law enforcement to arrest or kill androids in public that would be un-ethical.

My guess is that they'll probably put scanners/metal detectors in major buildings and try to detect and capture them without causing a fuss.

edit on 4-11-2019 by HouseMusic4Life because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   
They would start their on Country and overtake the U.S. overnight and we would go to war with them and then we (humans) would become their power source the Keanu Reeves will become the One and save us.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: HouseMusic4Life

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

English version of trailer:

www.netflix.com...

Better than Us is one of the best sci-fi series I've watched in the last 20 years. It's really really good.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Why you got to be racist? Why can’t they be Apple robots?

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Then we would have created Humanity 2.0.

The religious sorts are going to want to burn them all the same.

As to rights, if we don't extend them, they are apt to take them, if they are sentient nevermind faster, better and stronger.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I'd snafu a couple of lady ones and lock 'me up in my bedroom, they got no ID or nothing right?

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Then we would have created Humanity 2.0.

The religious sorts are going to want to burn them all the same.

As to rights, if we don't extend them, they are apt to take them, if they are sentient nevermind faster, better and stronger.

Very interesting but personally I disagree, I believe even if some androids achieve celebrity status like becoming president there is going be a status quo or policy that all androids should be denied human rights and be executed or shutdown. They'll probably anounce a policy like that to the public as soon as they find out our society have been infiltrated.

I can imagine them being demonized by the media let alone religious people , they will probably be seen like terrorists that should be put away. The scary question is whether the robots will accept their fate or fight to the death.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
They'd all have viruses since they're an Android product. Big Pharma will sell them updates to fight the symptoms but will avoid making a cure like they do with humans. Liberals will be complaining about robot privilege since they will work harder than those lazy liberals already complaining about hard-working white Americans. It will be just another day in America.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

If only Trump had an OFF switch?

Or at least a Mute button.

If something is smarter, stronger and faster than us, we won't be telling it much.

Nor should we really.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

They'd eventually be spending their time wandering the aisles of Walmart in pajamas picking up all kinds of useless consumerist crap. In short, they'd become fully integrated sheeple.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

The movie plot seems pretty accurate , I can imagine large companies would definitely use them as tour guides and receptionists. They will gradually become part of our society overtime.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

And if they don't need to sleep they can shop and consume 100% of the time as opposed to our half-arsed 60/40 split.

Whoever invents digital crack is apt to make a fortune with there type.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
its going to be terrible.
i know too many people who are social give uppers.
i know both men and women who give up on trying to get girlfriends/boyfriends.

i know a successful woman, who instead of trying to land a husband, bought sperm and had kids that way.
i know guys who tell me they are 'celebate' because they are too lazy to go to bars.

they will buy robots, have fun with it at night, and consider a relationship with nintendo mimbo a 'real thing'

i HATE robots

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The first thing they going to be used for as any new tech (other than in military) is sex, yes

S
E
X
sells

Are sex robots just turning women into literal objects

Sex robot sent for repairs after being molested at tech fair

a reply to: tayton

edit on 4-11-2019 by UpIsNowDown because: link

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
its going to be terrible.
i know too many people who are social give uppers.
i know both men and women who give up on trying to get girlfriends/boyfriends.

i know a successful woman, who instead of trying to land a husband, bought sperm and had kids that way.
i know guys who tell me they are 'celebate' because they are too lazy to go to bars.

they will buy robots, have fun with it at night, and consider a relationship with nintendo mimbo a 'real thing'

i HATE robots

To be fair it's only a small minority of people who are like that and who are we to judge them? If the robots can provide them comfort then good for them.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Good luck getting a job when these things can work without pay or breaks.

On a lighter note, mass unemployment aside, humanity will be fortunate enough to be able to focus on more scientific and artistic endeavors.

Done right automation, robotics and AI can bring about a golden age for Humanity.

At least for the chosen few, the rest will be superfluous to requirement, so not that much different i suppose.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Sex robot sent for repairs after being molested at tech fair

[/yvid]

This made my day.... but yes you are correct.

"heavily soiled" oh you gotta love it when someone puts a sex robot on display on a couch that moans to human touch and cant' believe males would treat it like a sex doll....

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
So far I can see 3 possible scenarios of how robots could infiltrate society.

1) A giant company creates millions of robots and set them free into society where they get citizenship , jobs but the government discovers that robots have infiltrated society and tries to intervene.

2) A giant company creates millions of robots and set them free into society where they get citizenship , jobs and remain undetected until they gradually infiltrate the highest levels of government , preventing them from getting prosecuted.

3) Large companies starts buying android robots instead of hiring employees , humans just like with any technology will gradually become dependent on robots. Eventually overtime it will become a social norm for robots to live amoung humans. However I imagine there will be a law where robots wont be allowed to own anything so no salary, no ID , no bank acount and no owning property.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The last thing I need is more glossy artificial humanoids taking up space that is already crowded with real, stinking people. Suddenly the amount of space and energy people are using doubles.

You get on a bus and you have to stand because half of the seats are taken up by robots? Or will they be forced to ride outside the bus like a bicycle? Or what about airplane seats being taken by robot companions?

I imagine a rich person buying several hundred robots to create their own personal security police force. Because that seems like something dickish a rich person would do.

The future is here, and it's nuts.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join