It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the next impeachment defense strategy going to be?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
No links, no news, just something I've been thinking about and I'm wondering what others think might happen.

So far the strategy has been to deny the credibility of the impeachment inquiry and to deny that it is even happening. The inquiry itself has been behind closed doors and only people who follow news daily knew of very few details; the public has not been in on it.

But now, when they all come back from recess and start with the next part of the inquiry in November, which will be televised non-stop, what will the next defense strategy be?

You obviously can't deny it any more. Every American will be able to turn their TV on and watch it happen in real time in their living room. Real witnesses will be testifying to real Congress, there will be no way to deny that it's happening. People have eyes and ears.

What will the White House strategy be? What should it be?

I am thinking Trump will be slandering and ridiculing witnesses as they appear live on TV, but that is not a defense strategy. Who will step up to devise one?

Is there anyone in Trump's circle powerful enough to rein Trump in long enough to devise a strategy?

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I would've thought the released transcript was enough to nullify this whole circus, or is there something else besides the phone call that the Dems are trying to impeach him for?

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
You don’t need to defend against a nothingburger. This entire farce it so keep the focus off Democrat corruption.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
I would've thought the released transcript was enough to nullify this whole circus, or is there something else besides the phone call that the Dems are trying to impeach him for?

The transcript that has been released is an edited version, and its authenticity has already been questioned by witnesses under oath. Vindman tried to add things he heard on the phone call to the transcript and was not allowed to. We have not seen the actual transcript, if it still exists on the secret server.

The "readout" that has been released was so incriminating anyway, not even the Republicans could believe the White House released it. Everyone was in shock and it is because of that readout that the impeachment inquiry began.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Mod Note:
Time To Get The Mud Back In The Pit

Keep it clean.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
In the end, Trump will admit he did have a quid pro quo and his sheep will accept it. Then it will be business as usual for them.

Sheep follow.

I will tell you. Watching the Vice President and some members of Congress twist like a flag in the wind when asked direct questions about this cracks me up. Own it, if that's what you believe. Why avoid the question? If you believe it's ok for the President to ask for dirt on his opponent from a foreign government, SAY SO. If you think it's ok to hold money that Congress appropriated for the defense of an ally because the President wants dirt on a political opponent, why not just say so? Republicans in Congress need to get a backbone, IF that is what they believe.

Then we can truly be the third world banana republic that Trump and his sheep seem to want to make us.

edit on 2-11-2019 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I would start by publicly demanding the release of all previous testimony transcripts.

Off the top of my head, I would also:

Move to call Schiff as a witness.
Move to have all previous "witnesses" testify publicly
Move to have Schiff recuse himself
Open a leak investigation in the senate
Demand that the whistle blower testify publicly
Continue to explore legal options to maintain executive privilege

Of course, under the "inquiry" rules, this can all be shot down. If it is, continue to take your message to the people. Expose the fraud process for what it is.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The next impeachment strategy should be to just not bother acknowledging anything unless they send articles of impeachment to the senate. Then it just ends. They know this, so are just dragging it out as long as possible for publicity.

There is no scenario that ends with the president being found guilty of anything. Not one.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Oraculi

Considering that this whole thing comes down to interpretation of what is and isn't a crime I don't see why he needs a different defense.

Bill Clinton lied under oath and obstructed justice on camera and still remained president.

The left set the standards when they supported Billy's behavior so I see no reason the right will vote against trump for an offense that probably doesn't exist.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: elDooberino

According to the new rules...Schiff STILL gets final say on any and all witnesses and questions Republicans call or ask.
So...STILL a rigged kangaroo court.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Best strategy is to continue to allow the witnesses called by Committee Majorities to discredit themselves along with the Committee Chairs 😎

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Which is why I said it would all probably be shut down.
If that occurs, the only thing you can do is point out how reasonable those requests are and how unreasonable it is that the majority will not go along with them.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Oraculi

The transcript is the full version.

Any "variants" would have leaked by now 😎

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oraculi

You obviously can't deny it any more. Every American will be able to turn their TV on and watch it happen in real time in their living room. Real witnesses will be testifying to real Congress, there will be no way to deny that it's happening. People have eyes and ears.

Are you American? I've noticed in many of your posts that you rarely use words such as "we", "us," "our" :etc. Seems strange.
edit on 2-11-2019 by Anathros because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oraculi

originally posted by: Flatcoat

The transcript that has been released is an edited version, and its authenticity has already been questioned by witnesses under oath. Vindman tried to add things he heard on the phone call to the transcript and was not allowed to. We have not seen the actual transcript, if it still exists on the secret server.

The "readout" that has been released was so incriminating anyway, not even the Republicans could believe the White House released it. Everyone was in shock and it is because of that readout that the impeachment inquiry began.

That’s your deranged version of the story, which is not even close to the truth.
What Republicans were shocked about it?
When are you going to stop this nonsense?
Trump is not going anywhere until 2024, your cult doesn’t have anyone with the cojones to even come close to beating him.
It’s gonna be a long 5 more years for you guys.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite well it's obvious you're one of the democratic sheep as for being a 3rd world country its the dems who want open borders to let the third world in maybe you need to think a bit about what you say america is important to the world look after it

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The defense strategy has already unfolded(ing) and worked for the Clinton's so why vary

1) Lie
2) Obfuscate
3) Depend on Mitch (Byrd for Clinton) to block any sort of objective trial
4) Depend on the American voting public's gnat like attention span.
5) Depend on the Trump or die voters (again being fair Clinton had his core too)
6) Lie some more
7) drag this out till the 2020 elections

edit on 11/2/19 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: elDooberino

I agree with everything you said there, but I I just wanted to add this statement.

Like the OP said, you can't deny it any longer, that would be a terrible strategy. The best thing they can do is to take the rules and guidelines that have been set forth and use them to their advantage any way possible. For instance, if their going to call a "witness," let them do their questioning, but be one step ahead, have your research done, and be able to step up and knock it down. One of the guidelines state basically the democrats can nullify any supeonas which the republicans issue, so the Republicans have to be ready to go with the witnesses that the dens call. But on the flip side of that, call as many people as you can possibly think of, people who are more than likely not going to be allowed to testify, the reason for that is since this will undoubtedly be aired 24-7,the American people will get to see how the democrats set this whole thing up. And who knows, they might get lucky and slip a couple really good witnesses through in the process.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
The defense strategy has already unfolded(ing) and worked for the Clinton's so why vary

1) Lie
2) Obfuscate
3) Depend on Mitch to block any sort of objective trial
5) Depend on the Trump or die voters (again being fair Clinton had his core too)
6) Lie some more

Cool story bro.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: FredT

1) Lie
2) Obfuscate
3) Depend on Mitch to block any sort of objective trial
6) Lie some more

Cool story bro.

This is still a conspiracy site after all!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join