It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the next impeachment defense strategy going to be?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oraculi
No links, no news, just something I've been thinking about and I'm wondering what others think might happen.

So far the strategy has been to deny the credibility of the impeachment inquiry and to deny that it is even happening. The inquiry itself has been behind closed doors and only people who follow news daily knew of very few details; the public has not been in on it.

But now, when they all come back from recess and start with the next part of the inquiry in November, which will be televised non-stop, what will the next defense strategy be?

You obviously can't deny it any more. Every American will be able to turn their TV on and watch it happen in real time in their living room. Real witnesses will be testifying to real Congress, there will be no way to deny that it's happening. People have eyes and ears.

What will the White House strategy be? What should it be?

I am thinking Trump will be slandering and ridiculing witnesses as they appear live on TV, but that is not a defense strategy. Who will step up to devise one?

Is there anyone in Trump's circle powerful enough to rein Trump in long enough to devise a strategy?

None needed
This is simply a partisan excersize.
The senate will stop the nonsense.
Don't cry when the shoe is on the other foot.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
The next impeachment strategy should be to just not bother acknowledging anything unless they send articles of impeachment to the senate. Then it just ends. They know this, so are just dragging it out as long as possible for publicity.

There is no scenario that ends with the president being found guilty of anything. Not one.

Exactly this.

There is no scenario that ends with the President being found guilty of anything. Not one.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Oraculi

Attack the process is all they have. They can keep telling themselves that it’s nothing and that the memo the White House released doesn’t show anything, but that bubble is going to burst pretty fast.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Funny how people change history because of their bias.

Reality Nancy announced the impeachment prior to the release if the transcript. Meaning it had nothing to do with her decision.

Trumps release of the transcript actually caused a problem for Pelosi and Schiff, prior to the release they could say what was said on the call. They owned the narrative and i think was surprised Trump released it.

Think from their point if view they were told it was moved to a secret server. They thought for sure the
white house would fight its release and they would have to deal with what the whistleblowers claimed they said.

Ironically the whistleblower was wrong in his or her claims as to what was said. And got away with it because they were not on the call. This is why the whistleblowers are being hidden now they became useless with the release of the transcript

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Just to add, they're also hiding the whistle blower due to the fact that he:

Met with Schiff or Schiff's staff prior to filling out the complaint,

He didn't disclose this contact on the form,

He was previously removed from the whitehouse due to concern over leaks,

He worked with Biden and Brennan,

He met with Alexandra Chalupa in the whitehouse (the DNC operative responsible for getting Ukraine to disclose dirt on Manafort during the 2016 campaign)

Nope. Nothing to see here...

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Come hell or Highwater nothing is going to stop the Democrats .

So the best defensive strategy is ....

The Senate .

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
I would've thought the released transcript was enough to nullify this whole circus, or is there something else besides the phone call that the Dems are trying to impeach him for?

The transcript that has been released is an edited version, and its authenticity has already been questioned by witnesses under oath. Vindman tried to add things he heard on the phone call to the transcript and was not allowed to. We have not seen the actual transcript, if it still exists on the secret server.

The "readout" that has been released was so incriminating anyway, not even the Republicans could believe the White House released it. Everyone was in shock and it is because of that readout that the impeachment inquiry began.

How do we know Vindman isn't lying?

And I'd like to see the source for all the supposed Pikachu shocked faces. I mean, no Republican voted yay, after all.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: OraculiThe transcript that has been released is an edited version, and its authenticity has already been questioned by witnesses under oath. Vindman tried to add things he heard on the phone call to the transcript and was not allowed to. We have not seen the actual transcript, if it still exists on the secret server.

The "readout" that has been released was so incriminating anyway, not even the Republicans could believe the White House released it. Everyone was in shock and it is because of that readout that the impeachment inquiry began.

You're stretching it just a bit by using very broad strokes when the reality is different. Not everyone is in shock about a benign call log (call it what you want) that was put together by multiple people that were listening. There was absolutely nothing in the released document of the call that was incriminating for anyone. Nothing. Zero. Did you read it? I did and immediately asked myself what the big deal was? We also know that Vindman isn't the boy scout people said he was, there is some very interesting discussion about him that will nullify whatever he said once the truth comes out.

You will find out just like us that this is going to blow up in the Dem's faces like everything else. The more that's leaked out, the more people are wondering why this is happening in the first place.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Attack the process is all they have. They can keep telling themselves that it’s nothing and that the memo the White House released doesn’t show anything, but that bubble is going to burst pretty fast.

Really? What exact and court provable evidence have you witnessed that meets the Constitution level of CRIMINALITY equivalent to Bribery or Treason WITH (and) associated multiple misdemeanors? Spill it. Not CNN narrative fictitious talking points of wet dream impeachment fantasy either.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

He could always plead insanity.

I mean if it quacks like a duck.......and looks like a duck........well.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Never interrupt your enemy while they are full ahead destroying themselves. 2020 November slaughter right on schedule.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Closed-Door Impeachment Hearings Will Continue as Long as They Remain ‘Productive’: Pelosi

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said that closed-door impeachment hearings will keep happening for an undetermined amount of time, even after the House voted to allow open hearings in the inquiry against President Donald Trump.

The hearings behind closed doors, which have reportedly included House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) blocking Republicans from asking witnesses certain questions, will continue as long as they are “productive,” Pelosi told Bloomberg.

www.theepochtimes.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

No links, no news, just something I've been thinking about and I'm wondering what others think might happen.

I am thinking Trump will be slandering and ridiculing witnesses as they appear live on TV, but that is not a defense strategy. Who will step up to devise one?

Fact is,
So far, Trump doesn't need a defense strategy...people believe everything that comes out of the Trump Colon, and if it is actually ridiculous...which it always is, then it's okay, just Trump 'joking'. like this bit of er, silly,

Anyone really calling him out though is..fake news.
Did I miss something? like Trump calling the dog a hero and, "beautiful"...this dog who didn't, "die like a dog"?

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

That picture may come true next week 😃

90% probable 😃

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   
If Trump farts into a microphone when addressing the Democrats, I think they have a right to impeach him for crude remarks.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I question the idea that most people don't know about the current impeachment strategy; its been going on for three years. People would need to be living under a rock not to know about it ... it is after all in the news every day "non stop"

So what's going to change in November? Not a dam thing. People on one side will claim victory every day and people on the other side will ignore them. You pick the sides, as it really doesn't matter.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   

He did not fair to well with that bald eagle.

If i was Trump i would stay away from German Shepherds, there bite is on par with there bark, and they ken the measure of a persons mettle just fine.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

90% probable 😃

Whaa! a fake that picture comes true? It's worse than I thought...post saved

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: xuenchen

90% probable 😃

Whaa! a fake that picture comes true? It's worse than I thought...post saved

Well But CNN says !!!!!! 😃

Hero dog 'Conan' in Baghdadi raid to visit White House, Trump says

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 02:19 AM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

In a nut shell Trump's anti impeachment strategy is as follows: Firstly, maintain the focus on the corruption around the FBI and CIA. This corruption concerns the FBI's handling of the of the Hillary Clinton email server scandal and the intel community using the fake Russia dossier to "spy" on Trump's presidential campaign.

Secondly, maintain the focus on Biden's alleged corrupt dealings with the Ukraine. In cold hard political calculations, the Democrats are impeaching Biden. They don't wish to see their own version of Bob Dole and to (some degree) Bush 43 lose to Trump next November.

Lastly, the GOP maintains control of the Senate and regain control of the House. This is fairly self explanatory.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join