It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd commandment forbids ALIEN disclosure!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
EXODUS 20
Thou shalt have NO OTHER GODS before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any GRAVEN IMAGE or any LIKENESS of any THING that is in HEAVEN ABOVE, or that is in the EARTH BENEATH , or that is in the WATER UNDER the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to THEM , nor serve THEM: for I, the Lord thy God, am A JEALOUS God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; and showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments."

WOW I just read the full commandment for the first time and it looks like to me god is forbidding making alien images or bowing down to THEM.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Interesting, I await the replies on this topic.

link   
If you want a literal translation, then noone can take pics of Michael Jordon dunking. Who cares.

link   
He meant other gods like Baal, Moloch, the golden calf, etc. He meant don't practice idolatry. Worshipping your favorite band, rapper, athelete, moviestar, etc is actually a sin when you think about it.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I think he meant other ALIENS.

[edit on 7-3-2005 by IXRAZORXI321]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I never thought of it like that, I need to do some more research then I shall be replying
Good topic!

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
It also forbids making any representation of Angels, or Satan then too or even fish, in addition to worshipping them....

Thou shalt not make unto thee any GRAVEN IMAGE or any LIKENESS of any THING that is in HEAVEN ABOVE, or that is in the EARTH BENEATH , or that is in the WATER UNDER the earth

So I guess all those church sanctioned art pieces depicting them are all in violation...

But, trying to connect this to aliens...well, they said "Heaven" as in the specific place, not the "heavens", hehe....so one could get off on that technicality....

Not to mention, this would only apply to CHRISTIANS...maybe a Buddhist or Atheist holds the answers?

[edit on 7-3-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
He meant other gods like Baal, Moloch, the golden calf, etc. He meant don't practice idolatry. Worshipping your favorite band, rapper, athelete, moviestar, etc is actually a sin when you think about it.

How do you know that is exactly what he meant?

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
you christian haters make me laugh, it says not to worship other gods or objects, other people, animals, etc, its pretty clear if you can read.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
you christian haters make me laugh, it says not to worship other gods or objects, other people, animals, etc, its pretty clear if you can read.

Well if it's something in the Old or New Testement, I'm pretty sure I can rule it down to 2 religions.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

gazrock
But, trying to connect this to aliens...well, they said "Heaven" as in the specific place, not the "heavens", hehe....so one could get off on that technicality....

"heaven" the word, its origin was "the heavens" the sky/space is heaven FYI

Gen 1:26, And "God" (actually "ELohim" or "The Gods")said,

Let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness:

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.skepticsannotatedbible.com...

there were others and they were not from here and they were not human.
but they were living flesh beings.......

Gen 6:3, And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for
that HE IS ALSO FLESH: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. ...

THEN they shortened our lifespan and some bred with our women by FORCE creating hybrids too.....

6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

THEN after the hybids took over and ran amok,
god decided to FLOOD the EARTH!
it states because of mans sin, lol LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

6:5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

www.skepticsannotatedbible.com...

I dont buy that propaganda !
all these texts indicate it was the AMOK HYBRIDS who,
were at fault and their FATHERS for the flood NOT MAN !!!!!!!

The BOOK of ENOCH goes into great detail of this,
It was the book GENESIS was written FROM.
ENOCH was NOAHs great GRANDFATHER !

sounds just like the Anu nnaki by Z. Setchin to me...

[edit on 7-3-2005 by lizzardsamok]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
you christian haters make me laugh,

Who's a Christian hater?
I didn't see anyone saying they hate christians...what thread are you on!?

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
actually the term heaven in the bible means literally "the sky"

try it , remove the word heaven and replace with sky and all will make sense

www.infidelguy.com...

[edit on 7-3-2005 by acidhead]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
We agree for once,

Nice hat BOY,
it looks good on your idol, lol, he hee

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Fits in with how, many people see the aliens, as the fallen angels.
New denomination...nah thats the problem with christianity.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I think it's a load of BS. Aliens aren't posing as God.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by meshuggah1324
I think it's a load of BS. Aliens aren't posing as God.

No? Theory has it that some ancient cave paintings, Egyption art, and other ancient artifacts with unidentifiable sky objects and creatures simular to astronaughts are possible cases for EBE evidence.

Images, things god didn't want represented, like that stupid fish symbol some "christians" are so fond of are symbols of idoltry, just like the crucifix.
How is a roman torture device a devine emblem? It's not, it is man made....an idol reprentative of a "false" belief. I know my theology, and the theory behind it.

[edit on 7-3-2005 by ADVISOR]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I think if they were posing as Gods, they would have made their presence known by now and had us all working under their control. I just don't buy this theory.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Please show me your evidence, I am interested in seeing it.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
True Aliens aren't posing as Gods, but it doesn't mean that people won't worship them. I don't think the intention of this passage was not to idolize Aliens, but it includes them for sure. No other is to be worshipped before God. "There shall be no other gods before Me."

One day, if the alien presence is ever admitted, there will be those who begin to believe that these are the gods to be worshipped. We do already have many that somewhat "worship" the aliens and believe we were actually created by aliens. Groups such as the Raelians believe this.

In short, yes I would consider that God does not want you worshipping aliens.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join