It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Televangelist Paula White joins White House staff

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Why do you hate G-d?

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'm an agnostic and don't really mind if religious people wield the power of the government.

Maybe that's because you don't understand the implications of such a governing body. Look at the Middle East, that's what theocracy looks like.

The only thing that changes my mind on the above is when people start trying to grab equity, meaning they do things that would directly effect people who are not in their ideology. Now, anyone can do this, not just someone from a specific religion or ideology. I really don't care what someone believes so long as they don't try to push it on me, make policy that would effect me, or anything of that nature.

Which is exactly what has happened, and does happen today, and there are those who would love to see this country become a christian theocracy. As an agnostic, you wouldn't like the end result.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

Why do you hate G-d?

Why would I hate something that has no real evidence of existence? Rephrase the question.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I beg to differ.
Are you good at statistics?

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Maybe that's because you don't understand the implications of such a governing body. Look at the Middle East, that's what theocracy looks like.

Again, I think there is a small minority of Christians who view the Middle East policy to be in conjunction to their religion... But if I had to wager, the biggest God pushing the Middle East foreign policy is money, MIC specifically.

I know there are some theocratic types in the political bodies, and the worse ones tend to operate behind the scenes (I'm not well versed on this new guy, so I can't speak of him specifically). But I don't think we should use them to paint every Christian with.

I'd hope most Christian citizens would want to focus on home rather than other's right now given the state we're in. And I'd hope most politicians who saw themselves beholden to constituents rather than coffers would think the same.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Honestly though, if you were Trump at this point, who WOULD YOU TRUST? I wouldn't trust ANYONE!

Trump only has the best of the best in his cabinet as he so astutely boasted. I think he's right. That's the best Trump can do.

Another great move by Trump... Muttered all the cultists head down...

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Honestly though, if you were Trump at this point, who WOULD YOU TRUST? I wouldn't trust ANYONE!

Trump only has the best of the best in his cabinet as he so astutely boasted. I think he's right. That's the best Trump can do.

Another great move by Trump... Muttered all the cultists head down...

Far from a cultist comrade! When I see proven facts whether I agree or disagree due to the lies and brainwashing I have been conditioned to believe, I chase the facts so as to not look foolish!

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

I beg to differ.
Are you good at statistics?

I never took "sadistics" as my ex likes to call it, but I understand enough to know most peoples statistics reflect their beliefs.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Another good point. Agreed.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

It's like Nixon and his paranoia. I think we're at that same point now.

At least Trump doesn't drink heavily and talk to the paintings of past presidents yet.

edit on 1-11-2019 by Oraculi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oraculi

At least Trump doesn't drink heavily and talk to the paintings of past presidents yet.

If he did could you blame him?

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

No, I wouldn't blame him. I think he and Nixon are very much alike.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

What's the problem, she doesn't think like you?

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

No, I wouldn't blame him. I think he and Nixon are very much alike.

You want to know what I think?

If you were Trump you would have already ate a bullet!

What this man has had to endure for wanting to serve his country is unconcionable!

edit on 1-11-2019 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
OP...Why is it bad that a President brings in an advisor familiar with a large percentage of his potential voters?
Common practice I would assume.

Do you think it outrageous because she's a Christian...or because she is a woman?
Maybe both?

I think that people are more concerned that she's a televangelist that either of those other things.

A lot of trumps base belong to small local churches and have preachers who have been part of the local community for decades. Televangelist don't sit well with everybody as they act as fund raisers and make big promises in exchange for big donations. Not everybody is comfortable with that.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I guess I'm baffled exactly how this is and issue. A liaison is simply a person who acts as a go between with constituents and since over 80% of his base are religious, or claim to be?

Seems to me you're saying you don't like people of faith, therefore they should be ignored.

The whole we are going to turn into a theocracy thing is just nonsense IMO. That may have been possible 150 years ago or more, but now? Must be a boring news day? No way, no how is the US in danger of becoming a theocracy.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

What's the problem, she doesn't think like you?

No. The problem is I don't think like her, therefore I am good for nothing but eternal damnation in her opinion.

I also don't get up every morning looking for new ways to bilk people out of their hard earned money to support my lavish lifestyle and "ministry".

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

I guess I'm baffled exactly how this is and issue. A liaison is simply a person who acts as a go between with constituents and since over 80% of his base are religious, or claim to be?

Seems to me you're saying you don't like people of faith, therefore they should be ignored.

The whole we are going to turn into a theocracy thing is just nonsense IMO. That may have been possible 150 years ago or more, but now? Must be a boring news day? No way, no how is the US in danger of becoming a theocracy.

Her specific role will reportedly be advising the Trump administration’s Faith and Opportunity Initiative that aims to boost the voice of religious groups in certain government programs...

That's a bit more than a liaison.

And I said "a haven for dominionists and a quasi-theocracy." I do see a problem with people who want to influence government programs and enact legislation that serves them and their religious ideology rather than the American people.
edit on 11/1/2019 by Klassified because: correction

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

edit on 11/1/2019 by Klassified because: oops

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: IAMTAT
OP...Why is it bad that a President brings in an advisor familiar with a large percentage of his potential voters?
Common practice I would assume.

Do you think it outrageous because she's a Christian...or because she is a woman?
Maybe both?

He already had one...Pence.
Outrageous? No. His reasoning, beyond pandering to his Christian base, yes.
If you knew any of my post history, you'd know the last question is non-sequitur.

Evidently you dont know that Pence is Vice President and has those duties to attend to.
So there ya go...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join