It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Televangelist Paula White joins White House staff

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Trump needs all the help he can get. He’ll even take it from the devil in the form of this ignorant preacher

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: IAMTAT
OP...Why is it bad that a President brings in an advisor familiar with a large percentage of his potential voters?
Common practice I would assume.

Do you think it outrageous because she's a Christian...or because she is a woman?
Maybe both?

He already had one...Pence.
Outrageous? No. His reasoning, beyond pandering to his Christian base, yes.
If you knew any of my post history, you'd know the last question is non-sequitur.

Evidently you dont know that Pence is Vice President and has those duties to attend to.
So there ya go...

I mentioned Pence earlier in the thread.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

Why do you hate G-d?

Why would I hate something that has no real evidence of existence? Rephrase the question.

If that's true then why do you care if Trump put someone in there that does believe in God? Paula believes in God, you don't. So you think she's wrong and you're not. Explain that.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Public liason..... She sends out letters to Trump supporters, calm down OP......

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

The only thing that surprises me is "Jim Bakker" is still scamming people.

I was kid in NC when his little empire came crashing down. His wife was Tammy, right? I think they divorced and she died.
I had thought he had the decency to fade away or if he really wanted to atone as he said they would have kept a low key wholesome church.

You can take the con artist out of the multi-million dollar religious theme park extravaganza, but they still remain a con artist.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Why do you hate G-d?

Why would I hate something that has no real evidence of existence? Rephrase the question.

If that's true then why do you care if Trump put someone in there that does believe in God? Paula believes in God, you don't. So you think she's wrong and you're not. Explain that.

See my response to your previous question, and you'll have your answer.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos
Public liason..... She sends out letters to Trump supporters, calm down OP......

You may want to actually read the OP and articles, as well as my last response to Blaine.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

And you guys have Mayor Pete running for President. He wastes no time lecturing Christians on how they aren't Christian in the right way, and he's still standing on the stage as top candidate. Until you cast him out in a similar purity purge, you have no weight on this topic.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

You may want to actually read the OP and articles, as well as my last response to Blaine.

I did. You might want to brush up on reading comprehension...

She is the liason between the president, and certain programs. She isn't even a part or member of the committee she is liason to. Her job is to pass information and ideas between the president and that committee.

She's nobody and has no authority... Again, calm down OP.... We,re not beheading infidels lol

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Why do you hate G-d?

See my response to your previous question, and you'll have your answer.

That's the response I responded to. It's not an answer, it's an intellectually lazy cop out.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Joshua DuBois was Obama's equivalent of that. He started the new tradition of White House Easter Prayer Breakfast. Obama was also very much a religious person.

You find it odd that all Presidents cater to the religious crowd that make up the vast majority of their constituents?

It is a repeating narrative across the board that if Trump does it then it is wrong, but every other President doing the same is right.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I did. You might want to brush up on reading comprehension...

She is the liason between the president, and certain programs. She isn't even a part or member of the committee she is liason to. Her job is to pass information and ideas between the president and that committee.

She's nobody and has no authority... Again, calm down OP.... We,re not beheading infidels lol

Yes, she will indeed do what you have mentioned as well as...

Her specific role will reportedly be advising the Trump administration’s Faith and Opportunity Initiative that aims to boost the voice of religious groups in certain government programs...

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Cool... Now take 3 minutes and think about what that paragraph states....

Just what I said, and I read it the first time which is why I'm chuckling to myself over your unnecessary panic.

edit on 1-11-2019 by CrawlingChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And you guys have Mayor Pete running for President. He wastes no time lecturing Christians on how they aren't Christian in the right way, and he's still standing on the stage as top candidate. Until you cast him out in a similar purity purge, you have no weight on this topic.

You guys? You think I'm a liberal Ketsy? You know I'm not, nor am I a conservative. At this point, I think I'd rather see Trump in for a second term than to see any present liberal in the WH, but I'm still going to call it as I see it whether anyone on ATS agrees with me or not.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I guess I'm baffled exactly how this is and issue. A liaison is simply a person who acts as a go between with constituents and since over 80% of his base are religious, or claim to be?

Seems to me you're saying you don't like people of faith, therefore they should be ignored.

The whole we are going to turn into a theocracy thing is just nonsense IMO. That may have been possible 150 years ago or more, but now? Must be a boring news day? No way, no how is the US in danger of becoming a theocracy.

Her specific role will reportedly be advising the Trump administration’s Faith and Opportunity Initiative that aims to boost the voice of religious groups in certain government programs...

That's a bit more than a liaison.

And I said "a haven for dominionists and a quasi-theocracy." I do see a problem with people who want to influence government programs and enact legislation that serves them and their religious ideology rather than the American people.

So over 230 million of us are not really Americans and our needs should not be served and we should not be adequately represented?

We are "American People" are we not?

I don't see Christians asking for special treatment, just common respect and to not be persecuted for Christian beliefs.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Joshua DuBois was Obama's equivalent of that. He started the new tradition of White House Easter Prayer Breakfast. Obama was also very much a religious person.

You find it odd that all Presidents cater to the religious crowd that make up the vast majority of their constituents?

It is a repeating narrative across the board that if Trump does it then it is wrong, but every other President doing the same is right.

This is a true statement, but it has little to do with the purpose or point of the thread. Yes, past presidents have done similar, and I disapproved, but none have appointed a televangelist that I'm aware of.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

It's always hard to say with atheists. Generally, they will fall out with the left just because the left is so inimical to faith in general and most atheists want all faith scrubbed from every corner of public life, not just government public, but every type of public.

Since the left is the game in town most likely to grant them that, that's where they jump.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Cool... Now take 3 minutes and think about what that paragraph states....

Just what I said, and I read it the first time which is why I'm chuckling to myself over your unnecessary panic.

I took longer than that. Just because you don't see what I do doesn't mean I'm wrong or right. It means we disagree, and I'm fine with that.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I guess I'm baffled exactly how this is and issue. A liaison is simply a person who acts as a go between with constituents and since over 80% of his base are religious, or claim to be?

Seems to me you're saying you don't like people of faith, therefore they should be ignored.

The whole we are going to turn into a theocracy thing is just nonsense IMO. That may have been possible 150 years ago or more, but now? Must be a boring news day? No way, no how is the US in danger of becoming a theocracy.

That's a bit more than a liaison.

And I said "a haven for dominionists and a quasi-theocracy." I do see a problem with people who want to influence government programs and enact legislation that serves them and their religious ideology rather than the American people.

So over 230 million of us are not really Americans and our needs should not be served and we should not be adequately represented?

We are "American People" are we not?

I don't see Christians asking for special treatment, just common respect and to not be persecuted for Christian beliefs.

I get what you've been saying Blaine, and I get what you're saying now, but I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Just what exactly is your concern here then? She wields no political power, has no authority over anything, isn't a member of the kitchen cabinet nor of the initiative.....

Your outraged but don't know why or what over. Not being mean but this is chicken little stuff, man.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join