It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama: White people are 'still running' from minority communities

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   
There's nothing wrong with wanting to dwell amongst your own - it's a natural, tribal instinct.
Furthermore, this is proof that blacks REALLY love us. We move away and yet somehow, they find us again?Those rascals... .lol
Seriously, our homes are our small piece of paradise. The last thing we want to do is live in a cage, locked in from the outside and afraid to go out. Because in any crime infested hood, be it red, yellow, black or white, that is where you'll be - LOCKED IN...
So Michael, I mean Michelle needs to find something else to blame the white man for. .lol

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Really, it's none of his business what white people are doing.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I'm 2 blocks north of Detroit. Run run as fast as you can. I've seen the demographic change over the past 15 years. I've lived here 43 years and it's time to get out. The trash stayed in Detroit for the most part all this time. I'm seeing shooting and robberies in areas that were once safe. Drugs are infesting schools that were once safe.

It all started when our governor opened the school districts up to Detroit. It use to be you had to go to the school in the district you lived in. Our former governor made it so anyone from any district could go to any school you wanted. The kids fled Detroit schools to the suburbs. Home prices dropped and shortly after there was a mass migration out of Detroit.

The school I went to as a kid was once of the safest around. Last year a girl brought a steak knife to school and stabbed a girl in the middle of class. She killed her. Another girl was raped in the stairwell.

Detroit came out here and brought their problems with them. Yeah people are fleeing the area. There is a mass exodus going on here. I moved in with my grandmother after my grandfather died. Her home value has dropped from $100k to $30k.

I'm sticking around to help my grandmother once she's gone I'm out of here.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

I'm seeing shooting and robberies in areas that were once safe. Drugs are infesting schools that were once safe.

Such things are a common sight where i am. Whats more irnoic is that our local TV news channel always tries to cover up when shooting and thief happens in a demographic minority area.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChefFox

I'm seeing shooting and robberies in areas that were once safe. Drugs are infesting schools that were once safe.

Such things are a common sight where i am. Whats more irnoic is that our local TV news channel always tries to cover up when shooting and thief happens in a demographic minority area.

Our local news don't cover anything up. Check several times a day online and what was once a Detroit problem is now spreading like a virus through the suburbs.
edit on 2-11-2019 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome

Our local news don't cover anything up. Check several times a day online and what was once a Detroit problem is now spreading like a virus through the suburbs.

Eventually the news outlets will have to cover and report on this at some point they cant hide this forever. If they want to find solutions covering up crimes is not one of them.
edit on 2-11-2019 by ChefFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 03:41 AM
link   

It's only going to get worse as more and more people feel disenfranchise and act out on it, but hey the economy is great and things are looking up.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It's only going to get worse as more and more people feel disenfranchise and act out on it, but hey the economy is great and things are looking up.
If I get hungry at night and want some fast food I have to drive 10 miles north away from here. I won't eat from the places around here. I have to go to the gas station to get smokes soon. It's 4:45 am and every time I go I'm worried about getting robbed. The hoodrats around here are causing serious problems. For the most part people don't want to mess with me because I'm a big guy. I also know how to fight but it's the morons with guns I worry about. I can't own a gun I have schizophrenia.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Black people are still not moving into the white trailer parks.

Probably for the same reasons white people still don't move into black hoods.

I guess that makes everybody racist, right Michelle?

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Which white people? Can she be more specific? There are a lot oh white people.

All white people especially you.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
Hell yea I'd run. I don't need that crime from the 'hood. I'd rather live with civilized people who don't solve problems with crime and guns - who the heck doesn't?

These people are so out of touch with the real problem, thuggery.

a reply to: ChefFox

I have lived in several cities and I don't care what color the thieves are or were. I don't won't to live where I can't leave my car outside a locked garage to hope it is safe when I get out to go to work in the morning. I see some neighborhoods where bars across every window and door tells me a lot. I moved to where that level of a combat zone is minimized.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Everything she talks about seems to do with race or the plight of all those suffering women who are still under the tyrannical boot of their husbands (sigh). She's the racist keeping all of it alive. She and her husband. She has made it quite clear that whites are the enemy to her and her color, but she cried like Nancy Kerrigan when she had to leave the 'WHITE' house, in which mostly white people voted her husband in....and it's STILL not enough for her. She is just a racist and there's no pleasing him.

edit on 2-11-2019 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Strange statement considering Barack and his wife just bought a place in Martha's Vineyard, which is 87 percent white. Who is running again Michelle? Also funny, I live in an area which has a fair amount of black people living here, guess where they "ran from"? They didn't want to live there either. Anyone who is able to gets out of those areas, not just white people.
edit on 2-11-2019 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

Thing that sucks is, much like refugrees or illegal immigrants, their problems tend to follow them to their new residence. Not always, but often.

The result is the area becoming the same as what they ran from.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
When I moved into my house in 2002, the neighborhood was vastly different than it is today.

There were no minority families at all.

Now, I'm the last of 3 white people/families that still live here.

Housing prices tanked in 2008 due to the housing market crash, but have since recovered (only in the last year and a half, mind you) and I am FINALLY above water by almost $20k.

I'm leaving.

Yep, when Spring hits, I'm selling and I'm out.

Sorry, but crime went up, the neighborhood is no longer as kept up and clean as it used to be.

It's not my fault. I stayed a lot longer than others did. But I sadly watched the neighborhood transform around me. And I cannot even hang out in my garage anymore after dark (which is something I've always done) without vagrants walking up my driveway asking for cigarettes, or money or a ride somewhere (yes, really).

I have no love for my own property and house anymore.

My direct next door neighbor, a very nice older Black woman who is a retired teacher, is also fed up with it. She's making plans to leave too.

What could I have done, Mrs Obama? It was out of my hands. Now I am paying the price with my own personal safety. Maybe the reason Whites leave is because they have legitimate reasons to be fearful. Why do Black communities tend to be higher in violence and crime? Maybe fix THAT and we can all live in the same neighborhoods in peace.

Maybe Mrs Obama needs to spend a while actually TALKING to White people about why they left rather than assuming.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Well maybe if the minorities would stop shooting each other....

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Michelle Obama: White people are 'still running' from minority communities

Former first lady Michelle Obama said Tuesday that white Americans are "still running" from minority communities when they move to another neighborhood.

The remarks from Obama came during an appearance at the Obama Foundation Summit in Chicago in which the former first lady, sitting next to her brother, Craig Robinson, spoke about her upbringing in the city and how her family moved neighborhoods because their mother wanted them to have access to better schools.

Later in the event, the former first lady said she "can't make people not afraid of black people," adding: "I can't explain what's happening in your head, but maybe if I show up every day as a human, a good human ... maybe, just maybe, that work will pick away at the scabs of your discrimination."

So according to the racist Michelle Obama White people are afraid of minority neighborhoods. Although she is missing a lot of points onto why white people are leaving these communities.

But being afraid? sure probably due to what's happening in some of those communities.

Does she herself live in a black community?

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 04:00 AM
link   

I love church going black folk who love Jesus the best. That's who I want to be in heaven with. The obama's should try to be more like them. I know God has a special place for them and especially the children. The night of halloween i let the kids know the good lord loves them and the black kids agreed and the white kids not so much. It's why since the Holy Father and the Holy son saved me from the beast, I think I get along with church going black folk in particular so well, cause they know I'm not accepted by my own people, and they can see the good Father took me in. Because of this I will most likely move to the hood here in Houston soon and be with my new people. And if there ever is a civil war in this country, this American nationalist redneck will be loving, protecting, and fighting for church-going black folk, cause thats where I fit in most.. and I love 'em for it.

edit on 3-11-2019 by LoneBird because: Incorrect wording

edit on 3-11-2019 by LoneBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Anyhow it doesn't matter cause most people, no matter their race religion or beliefs, are controlled by technological forces these days. Life is just time in between cell phone, internet, or tv. It's one awareness controlled by the A.I. god.

That's why you have to have xray vision and look beyond the flesh and see the skeletons and brains, and the hidden force that moves them.

Is it the Holy spirit or is it the A.I?

For most it's the A.I... the whole world is deceived, even the politicians.

The hope rests with country folk who love Jesus and church going black folk in the hood. These people are the most likely to resist the devils agenda that uses technology to control the masses.. and instead turn to the Holy spirit within.

edit on 3-11-2019 by LoneBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
It blows my mind how some people are stone cold blind to the hypocrisy of these people.
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I have a lot of time for President Carter's post White House activities. He has remained faithful to his religious faith and values. Heck, he is teaching Sunday school well until to his 90's. I don't share Carter's Christian faith or his political ideology, but I do respect him for staying true to his values and not cashing in on the post presidential public speaking(in reality buying access to past presidents) tours. The mind blogging hypocrisy of Michelle Obama re-enforces my view of Jimmy Carter's post presidential life.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join