It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama: White people are 'still running' from minority communities

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Michelle Obama: White people are 'still running' from minority communities

Former first lady Michelle Obama said Tuesday that white Americans are "still running" from minority communities when they move to another neighborhood.

The remarks from Obama came during an appearance at the Obama Foundation Summit in Chicago in which the former first lady, sitting next to her brother, Craig Robinson, spoke about her upbringing in the city and how her family moved neighborhoods because their mother wanted them to have access to better schools.

Later in the event, the former first lady said she "can't make people not afraid of black people," adding: "I can't explain what's happening in your head, but maybe if I show up every day as a human, a good human ... maybe, just maybe, that work will pick away at the scabs of your discrimination."

So according to the racist Michelle Obama White people are afraid of minority neighborhoods. Although she is missing a lot of points onto why white people are leaving these communities.

But being afraid? sure probably due to what's happening in some of those communities.

+62 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Because black communities are so successful and safe. ?

+38 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

Didn't she send her kids to private schools?
Doesn't she have a home in Martha's Vineyard?

Anyway.
Hell yeah white people are running away from black communities.
Anybody will the ability would.

+31 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I dont get what she's complaining about. White people move out so the rest of the fine people can have it all for them selves. Whites are cancer of the society anyway.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Edit : I realized I don't really want to comment publicly, so I will invoke a saying someone taught me in a thread the other day: "Not my circus, not my monkeys."

Waitwait oh shi
edit on 10/31/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The question is why do non westerners want to be westerners
Why do people from developing/third world countries want to be in developed countries

I live in a suburb with a very diverse community and crime is incredibly high.
It’s not like there are no opportunities to encourage education and employment

The question isn’t why don’t white people trust black people it’s why doesn’t Michelle Obama trust black people and wants to move to a white community

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Because black communities are so successful and safe. ?

They're getting more successful every year... because it's #1 in the
major cities for emigration rate. I'm sure LA would be ahead, but
maybe everybody who wants out can't AFFORD to move.

+36 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The 0bama's really know how to bring people together, don't they?

They were such a healing force for race relations.

Burp.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

The same type of people as Michelle Obama argue against gentrification.
What are the whites to do?

+29 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
It isn't only "white people". I have a black friend who is a Mechanical Engineer. When a previous employer sent me to school to get my degree, he helped and tutored me. He moved his family from the neighborhood that he grew up in to the suburbs. He has offered to buy his parents a house near his, but, they don't want to leave the neighborhood. He will not take his children to visit his parents, instead he brings his parents to visit his children. There are people in his old neighborhood who say that he "sold out to Whitey" when he became a success. He is actually afraid that something might happen to his children if they go to his old neighborhood.

What do you have to say about that Michelle?

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

What do you have to say about that Michelle?

the same. He sold out to casper

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Michelle Obama is a hypocrite in the same way Michael Moore and Jim Carey are hypocrites. They lead lives of extreme privilege, privilege literally incomprehensible to the average citizen, yet they somehow think they have some
incredible moral authority! They have been blessed with a divine knowledge and wisdom. They must lecture the poor dumb masses. It's Clown World. It's like a South Park episode. The Obamas should move to Hollywood. They belong there with the phonies. Hollywood was made for them.

The narcissism, the sheer hubris of these people is insane. Their egos must be driven by an almost satanic pride.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Black people are also "still running" from minority (gang ,homeless, drug and rat infested) communities.

(post by Lazarus Short removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
+22 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   

There is some truth to what she is saying.

She grew up in a time when white people did actually move out as black people moved in... white flight is real. I experienced it in the south in 70s/80s. Middle class blacks would move into a community and the white people would move out of the community.

With all that said, she is also glossing over the why white people moved out. It wasn't just racism.

Many whites moved out because black folks brought a lot of crime and other social dysfunction. So it wasn't just Michelle Obama moving, it was her hood rat cousins. The extended families and friends are often the issue.

She actually kind of alludes to this but isn't smart enough to recognize it as a cause. She says the communities deteriorated after white people moved out. If it was just racism, why did the community deteriorate? The crime rate, schools, and everything else would have remained constant regardless if whites stayed or not.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Hell yea I'd run. I don't need that crime from the 'hood. I'd rather live with civilized people who don't solve problems with crime and guns - who the heck doesn't?

These people are so out of touch with the real problem, thuggery.

+19 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Michelle Obama is literally the most openly racist, high profile American I have ever seen, or heard. @#$% Ms. Obama

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Because the gangs Michelle, that's why.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
lol she makes me laugh. One of her houses in DC is in a predominantly white neighborhood. 83% white to be exact. No offense to blacks but my lifestyle is just plain different than many of them. I have friends of all sorts of different ethnicity but it doesn't mean I could live next to them lol. Hell there are many white folk that I would hate living next to.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

She should check the crime stats and rephrase that statement.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join