It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Review....GEMINI MAN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I like Will Smith movies usually but this one, visually wonderful, lacked energy and the characters seemed contrived. Just another SFX hollywood action movie to sucker in the kids, sell DVDs and streaming hits. Not a total waste of time and does have some humor and entertaining moments, but over all catch it on Netflix.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The trailer sure didn't inspire me to see this one.
Hollywood sure puts out a lot of crap for every gem they produce.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
Just like music now days (that sucks), Hollywood knows that we will still consume their crap.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleFox
a reply to: Bluntone22
Just like music now days (that sucks), Hollywood knows that we will still consume their crap.

Oh I don't know. They seem to make a ton of flops for knowing what they're doing.

Solo?

Dark Phoenix?

Batman vs superman?

Hellboy?

Tolkien?

Soon to be dark fate if I had to guess..

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The trailer sure didn't inspire me to see this one.
Hollywood sure puts out a lot of crap for every gem they produce.

Joker was certainly cine art though. Powerful!!

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Yes, joker was awesome.
I can usually take or leave Phoenix but he nailed this one.

So many movies today feel lazy and cliche like they are written around visual effects instead of the effects being written around the characters.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Joker is dangerous and promotes alt right violence....

Anyway, I haven't seen it but heard great things, I'll watch it someday when it's free.

Entertainment industry is in big trouble, as mentioned above they are slitting their own throats and instead of learning from their mistakes, they double down.

If it weren't for china buying them, their would have been a huge contraction of jobs in the entertainment industry. Because many people are coming around to not "caring" and while still wanting to be entertained, don't want to pay much for it(10 bucks a month to stream stuff for most).

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Entertainment industry is in big trouble, as mentioned above they are slitting their own throats and instead of learning from their mistakes, they double down.

You could be right but people are still buying flat screen, 60in TVs like crazy. They must be watching something. I'll bet you own one!!

www.forbes.com...

And when you get right down to it, everything on TV is entertainment; sports, news, reality, soaps, daytime, advertising, etc. And ad revenues are up, so if the industry is in a decline, someone should tell the corporations spending billions on advertising, and shooting ads is a yuggggeeee part of the media biz.

www.wsj.com...

Streaming platforms have changed everything. btw...all the union media whores like myself are working 14 and 16 hr days. I'm at work now and it's 7pm. Love that overtime! We're having problems finding qualified people to work crew. Soon political campaigns will start; that's when the real media circus will start. It will be epic for anyone that knows the biz and wants to make a butt load of money till the elections. Even our pissy little local politicians spend millions on TV spots. It's a sh!tty job but someone's gotta do it. But still "livin the fu**in dream"

en.wikipedia.org...
vimeo.com...
Union proud, Union Strong

IATSE and SAG/AFTRA

www.icg600.com...

www.sagaftra.org...
edit on 29-10-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
It was the Fresh Prince chasing Will Smith around for an hour. Then they meet a 14 year old Will Smith at the end.

top topics

join