It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Southwest pilots live streamed video from a plane's bathroom to the cockpit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Two Southwest pilots live streamed video from a plane's bathroom to the cockpit, flight attendants' lawsuit alleges

A Southwest Airlines flight attendant says two pilots live streamed video from a hidden camera in a commercial airliner's lavatory to an iPad in the cockpit, a lawsuit says.

The alleged incident happened February 27, 2017, while Renee Steinaker was working on Flight 1088 from Pittsburgh to Phoenix, according to the complaint that Steinaker and her husband, David Steinaker, filed against the airline and the pilots.

In their written response to the complaint, Graham and Russell admit Graham's iPad was located in the cockpit and that Steinaker asked if it was live streaming from the bathroom. But the pilots deny the other allegations or say they don't have sufficient knowledge to respond.

Steinaker says she took a picture of the iPad with Graham's image in the lavatory, the lawsuit says, and showed it to the rest of the flight attendants. CNN has not seen the photo mentioned in the lawsuit.

The flight attendant says she was directed by a supervisor to keep the incident to herself because "If this got out, if this went public, no one, I mean no one, would ever fly our airline again," the lawsuit said.

Link

So SW is pressuring the flight attendants and trying to make them look bad.

This happened almost 2 years ago. Maybe the cover up worked well so far. If this is first news of this, I wonder what the public will do. I think it will be business as usual with only a few people boycotting SouthWest.

Another link

Azcentral
edit on 10/27/2019 by roadgravel because: another link

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
From Azcentral link (recap)

The suit alleges that 2½ hours into the flight, the pilot, Capt. Terry Graham, asked Steinaker to come to the cockpit so that he could leave to use the restroom. Southwest Airlines policy requires two crew members in the cockpit at all times, so Steinaker was asked to staff the cockpit with co-pilot Ryan Russell in Graham's absence.

The suit states that when Steinaker entered the cockpit, she spotted an iPad mounted to the windshield to the left of the captain’s seat. On it, she reportedly could see a live stream of what appeared to be Graham in the bathroom.

The filing states that Russell looked panicked and told her the cameras were a new top-secret security measure that had been installed in all Southwest Airlines planes, which Steinaker did not believe to be true.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
You have to wonder how how people that do such juvenile acts become commercial airline pilots.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I suppose it is those long boring hours in the air.

So where is the talk about firing the pilots? Oh right, the whistle blowers are the bad ones.

These two pilots get the 737 max - that will keep them busy.
edit on 10/27/2019 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

What? I can only imagine what these pervs might have seen. I mean: who wants to see what happens in a cramped airplane bathroom? I can't think of anything 'pretty' in there … and many passengers are not eye candy either these days. Yuck!!!!!! I hope the pilots had their barf bags handy!

edit on 27-10-2019 by Fowlerstoad because: changed a couple words

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

So where is the talk about firing the pilots? Oh right, the whistle blowers are the bad ones.

Firing the pilots? Ever heard of due process?

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Firing the pilots? Ever heard of due process?

I said talk. Ever hear of reading.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
You guys are thinking about this all wrong.

Odds of this being for perv reasons: Low

Real situation?
Drugs and blackmail.

They wait until they see someone doing drugs in there.

Easy blackmail target. You get arrested for drugs on an airplane? Really bad. You got nowhere to run, no way to get rid of evidence.

They cut deals for $$$ or for a cut of the drugs.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

So was it terrorist paranoia, wanting to know what's going on in the bathroom, or a poop fetish? Its not like anyone is doing anything "sexy" in the airplane bathroom nowadays.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
You have to wonder how how people that do such juvenile acts become commercial airline pilots.

Juvenile? Screw that! This is downright perverted and creepy!!!

Seriously, what kind of freak wants to see someone using the bathroom? That's just disgusting.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Exactly!!! The airline is worried about people never flying with them again but don't fire the guilty??? Well, yeah, if you're going to keep creepy perverts in a position to continue preying on passengers, then of course no one will fly with you!

It's not like pilots from other airlines could not or would not or have not done the same thing. The airlines' real problem is the airlines' response.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad

What? I can only imagine what these pervs might have seen. I mean: who wants to see what happens in a cramped airplane bathroom? I can't think of anything 'pretty' in there … and many passengers are not eye candy either these days. Yuck!!!!!! I hope the pilots had their barf bags handy!

This is my thought as well. Why in the world? Nothing sexual about going to the bathroom. Unless those pilots are golden shower people, I guess, but that doesn't seem likely, that two pilots on the same plane would have the same weird fetish. Are they just hoping to catch a glimpse of a hoo-ha when a lady pees? I just don't gt this. And then of course they have to see the dudes peeing also. If they are gay pilots it makes more sense, since guys stand up to pee so I guees they would get to see the peen while they stand there.

Just weird, and what else are they doing under the radar? Can we trust these pilots with our lives? If they think it's fine and dandy to do such a clearly wrong thing, what other rules do they feel ok about breaking?

Yikes and wtf.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
You guys are thinking about this all wrong.

Odds of this being for perv reasons: Low

Real situation?
Drugs and blackmail.

They wait until they see someone doing drugs in there.

Easy blackmail target. You get arrested for drugs on an airplane? Really bad. You got nowhere to run, no way to get rid of evidence.

They cut deals for $$$ or for a cut of the drugs.

AH! Thank you. THAT makes sense.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

That is an interesting take. I suppose they could be looking for free coke.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

The folks who cant afford to fly and/or don't fly South West,
Will be the loudest on this.

My bet is they did it for safety reasons.
Catching terrorist prep or something to that effect.

edit on 27-10-2019 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Only one lavatory?

The company is not using that excuse, it was just the pilot.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I swear southwest is like a bus in the air.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
That's very strange because captain and copilot usually rotate. It's not like two pilot buddies fly the same craft whole day together. Not in europe at least.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite
That's very strange because captain and copilot usually rotate. It's not like two pilot buddies fly the same craft whole day together. Not in europe at least.

But they don't change seats. The airplane is fully controllable from either.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Well thats disturbing. Its sick if u think about it. How many kids have used that toilet ?.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join