It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun control is technology control which is impossible

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I've been saying for some time that the notions of old time gun control efforts are ignorant of our time period we live in now. Devices are all constructed by humans so the information on how to construct them is everywhere. Not to even mention the simple fact that America's citizens out number and have far more guns and ammo stockpiled than the police and military combined. It is worth considering in this conversation that there are many patriots in the ranks of the police and military that are sworn to their oath to uphold the constitution, and who will not work against the interest of this nation no matter what illegal commands they are given.

Now of course we have 3d printers that cost less than a nice flat screen monitor. This reduces the skills with tools required to build pretty much anything that can be made in parts that will fit within the build plate. Metal printing is now routinely done and of course a pretty nice CNC machine can be purchased for a reasonable cost or built from parts for even less cost.

I think it is time for the central planners to eliminate gun control measures they have no reasonable hope of ever being able to enforce never mind the fact they would have little to no impact on the level of violence in the world. Of course reasoning and intellect are not included in these discussions on one side at least when emotion runs rough shod over them. I have a fairly nice shop since I constructed prototypes for other companies for many years. I think I would like a faster 3d printer since a fairly large part like half of an AR lower takes my system all night to build. It is just something I played with over a weekend once. I think I had better results by far with my CNC machine in half the time. I like the feel of an aluminum lower over a 3d printed one made from nylon or ABS anyway.

This all to say like the above image states. Come and take it. The knowledge is out there. The genie can not be put back in the bottle no matter what any useless empty suit thinks. Cain did not kill Able with a firearm. The only way forward is to increase people's empathy for one another. The best way for that to happen is for everyone to shut off the programming they are being spoon fed and start thinking and reasoning for themselves. Unfortunately that might take some doing. God tried to convince the Israelite they did not need a king but they were used to being followers so they chose to have a king. The same goes for our time. We do not require central planners, politburos, or kings to organize humanity. Knowledge to do anything is instantly available to many millions of us and we are going to rise above those who seek to continue these old systems of control over the rest of us.

I guess technology people tend to be more libertarian and think for ourselves. I hope it continues to catch on for all of our sake.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence
Cain did not kill Able with a firearm.

God tried to convince the Israelite they did not need a king but they were used to being followers so they chose to have a king.

Are you from America or the middle east I always get confused when spirituality sits alongside firearms

Good book and guns

Bad book and guns

Thats right isnt it, what better way to protect your desired lord than shooting people, dam heathens, its what the sky fairy would have wanted a quick death, no suffering

Dont worry I honeslty am not triggered
, I enjoy living in a society with restricted access, how much of a fool am I you may ask (well lets be honest I will get called worse), almost hippy like in my outlook, but if you wish to print more guns as there are not enough feel free.

I will stick to printing pointless ornaments, and giving them to people for free in an empathetic way

Printed of a holder for TV remotes and a bin for used tea bags, yeah my life is that exciting, lol

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

I think you make the defining argument right here machine.
While you point out the senselessness of modern attempts to halt the proliferation of weapons in our society there is also another consideration to take into account.

While the genie of manufacture is out of the bottle, could it be moot? I think it might be. If we, simple little people can make these on our own, how much farther along could the big weapons manufacturers be in developing weapons that could neutralize whatever we can come up with.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

The one tenth of 1% that control the rest of us or at least try to are surrounded by all of us little people. It reminds me of the movie Fight Club. We make your beds we make your food we tuck you in at night.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

The parties in the future will be great! Just unclip your side arm and put it in the bowl at the front door with your keys.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

And even as much as I loved the finale of Fight Club, the whole machine coming down and the buildings crumbling I still have to wonder do we really have any power at all? Prior to the point of our flipping the whole shebang on it's head and deposing that one tenth of a percent out on their heads, will they not first have evacuated to their redoubts and bunkers and islands so that all we will wreck will be what they have left behind? One thing I do not want is another aftermath of the French Revolution. That might have worked out centuries ago but now, I just don't see that as a reasonable outcome.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Thats right isnt it, what better way to protect your desired lord than shooting people, dam heathens, its what the sky fairy would have wanted a quick death, no suffering

I don't think you thought that statement through very well. "protect your desired lord"?? I think believers don't need to protect their desired lord. That is also picking a couple of references out of the OP and does not consider the bulk of my statements which include things like thinking for yourself, not following but learning and leading. Acting with independence and not dependence on any central authority was my general theme.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
On the contrary. Any kind of control is possible if mind control is possible. Which is why you should be taking a very close look at the field of psychology and the endless ranting about how mentally unhealthy everyone is. That is how they plan on taking your rights. They will have to control your mind first (and they know it). But they don't have to control every mind. They just have to control the majority and it's all over with.
edit on 25-10-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

The one tenth of 1% that control the rest of us or at least try to are surrounded by all of us little people. It reminds me of the movie Fight Club. We make your beds we make your food we tuck you in at night.

You are exactly right.

And I own a 3d printer, as well as having extensive weapons experience.

Your better off buying a lathe and milling machine.

Cnc gizmos dont have # on a real machinist.
Neither do pla/abs/metal-dust printers.

This is keyboard warrior disinfo.

The best rifles/firearms in existence were produced by master smiths, not #ing nerds who have mastered nothing. If you don't own 20k worth of machinist tools, assorted stock to feed them.and your own power source, you've got nothing when the lights go out. And you have to already have a base group of people you deal with and trust to keep it all running. None of the modern, cut-throat, hide behind the screen modern types are going to survive 12 months without a screen to hide behind. Let alone after money has no value, and hacking becomes useless.
edit on 25-10-2019 by Notoneofyou because: (no reason given)

When civilization fails, limp-wristed
techno-dweebs will die in short order.

However, the remaining few with actual hands on skill and experience will survive.
These types of people are already unforgiving of keyboard punchers, and it will not get any kinder.

If you have no actual needed skills whrn the internet and electric grid becomes unreliable - you have zero value.

Enjoy becoming dogfood. Or beef jerky.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Technology control impossible? I guess you can't outlaw knives or machetes, and people can still go around killing other people with them. But we're pretty smart. There are ways to make guns safer with additional technology. Personalized locks and tracking systems, etc.

It would cost more, but guns are already pretty expensive. It might be worth coming up with at least some better security systems that could reduce the chance of some lunatic collecting a lot of weapons and shooting up a bunch of people.

I mean, reducing or stopping crazy people from killing a lot of innocent people is a thing I think we all agree would be a good thing. If not, I'd like to hear your argument in favor of mass shootings.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Technology control impossible? I guess you can't outlaw knives or machetes, and people can still go around killing other people with them. But we're pretty smart. There are ways to make guns safer with additional technology. Personalized locks and tracking systems, etc.

It would cost more, but guns are already pretty expensive. It might be worth coming up with at least some better security systems that could reduce the chance of some lunatic collecting a lot of weapons and shooting up a bunch of people.

Yeah. They're called security guards. For some reason that's too hard. Or maybe it's too easy.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Notoneofyou

The first piece of steel I ever turned on a lathe and made some money on was a bolt for an antique 9mm machine gun. It was owned by a collector and his was worn but I managed to determine the original specs and turned a copy for him. Fortunately being a very old gun it was a pretty simple turn. Replacing the spring around the guide rod was a simple matter of finding one the right dimensions and trimming it a bit.

This to say that decent guns will always require some skilled machinist to build a pattern perhaps but then copies are made with a cnc lathe. Skills by humans certainly are required in the design and development phase of any new technology or device but then it is turned into tool paths on the cnc and any copies or minor changes can be adjusted by adjusting the tool paths in the program fed into the given machine.

I recall that Gatling was working as a merchant before the civil war but inventing was what he loved to do. My go to machinist for many years had worked for a defense contractor for years before they laid him off because with the cnc they did not require as many machinists. So even large defense contractors are vulnerable to a grid down situation just like the rest of us.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

You are right of course. If a place wants to be a gun free zone AKA barrel of fish they should have armed security in front of the place and perhaps some in plain cloths as well as uniformed. Otherwise a soft target will always attract the idiot thrill seeker or psycho. There is no other deterrent to a bad guy with a gun.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Notoneofyou

You are exactly right.

And I own a 3d printer, as well as having extensive weapons experience.

Your better off buying a lathe and milling machine.

Cnc gizmos dont have # on a real machinist.
Neither do pla/abs/metal-dust printers.

This is keyboard warrior disinfo.

The best rifles/firearms in existence were produced by master smiths, not #ing nerds who have mastered nothing. If you don't own 20k worth of machinist tools, assorted stock to feed them.and your own power source, you've got nothing when the lights go out. And you have to already have a base group of people you deal with and trust to keep it all running. None of the modern, cut-throat, hide behind the screen modern types are going to survive 12 months without a screen to hide behind. Let alone after money has no value, and hacking becomes useless.

When civilization fails, limp-wristed
techno-dweebs will die in short order.

However, the remaining few with actual hands on skill and experience will survive.
These types of people are already unforgiving of keyboard punchers, and it will not get any kinder.

If you have no actual needed skills whrn the internet and electric grid becomes unreliable - you have zero value.

Enjoy becoming dogfood. Or beef jerky.

That is why I know how to make beer, wine, hard-cider, and distilling. I am guaranteed to be spared in the aftermath if I can make alcohol, both for consumption and fuel.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Getting guns ain't hard. Melting lead and molding an actual bullet ... not so hard. Getting primers ... could be hard. Getting gun powder ... could be hard. Putting those components together ... not so hard.

And there you have it.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
Yeah. They're called security guards. For some reason that's too hard. Or maybe it's too easy.

So your solution is to add more guns to the equation. And hire some minimum wage guy to do the job. We'll, it's imaginative, I'll give you that. Unfortunately, we have some clear examples that show that doesn't work all that great. Sometimes, maybe, but I think we can do better.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

And even as much as I loved the finale of Fight Club, the whole machine coming down and the buildings crumbling I still have to wonder do we really have any power at all? Prior to the point of our flipping the whole shebang on it's head and deposing that one tenth of a percent out on their heads, will they not first have evacuated to their redoubts and bunkers and islands so that all we will wreck will be what they have left behind? One thing I do not want is another aftermath of the French Revolution. That might have worked out centuries ago but now, I just don't see that as a reasonable outcome.

Consider this. What would you rather have them in their bunkers hiding away when it comes down or them staying with their hired PMC's while the rest of the populace is disarmed.

I say let them run and hide. If they stay hidden and far away we might not dig them out.
edit on 25-10-2019 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

This gives me a good idea for a another use for hydraulic fracturing technology.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift
The first decent paying job I had when I got out of the service was as an armed security guard at a big Hotel in Dallas. That was many many years ago and I was clearing $100 a day at 25 years old.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

touche

secnod

top topics

<<   2 >>

join