It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun control is technology control which is impossible

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   
No it isn't…..don't pull the trigger when humans are in front of the barrel....gun control is free and simple to use.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Very nice, it's good to hear there are few left who can establish contricity and turn the handles.
We're losing our skilled folk to computers at a rate that is unfathomable to me these days .

Cnc is allgood and well, but without the basics, what good is it? If there's no-one around to tell the haus where zero is, it's lost.

It also doesnt give a # about material that work hardens in a climbing pass.
She'll just snap the mill, or scream like a banshee and leave God awful finish behind.

My post turned into a rant, but I am greatly relieved you can run the mill/lathe manually - that's a dying art.

And I have to ask, was it a Sten? Or a Thompson ?

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

Swaging bullet is a pain in the ass.
That is one crucial component in making quality bullets that gives consistent, accurate, and repeatable results.

Shooting is all about consistency. And add to the fact lead rounds (unprotected) will pick up salts from your skin and moisture from the environment, causing swelling.

You dont want swollen bullets, or crimps that leak. Pressure regulation is mighty important to keeping you shooting, and not blowing your action up in your face.

edit on 25-10-2019 by Notoneofyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
Yeah. They're called security guards. For some reason that's too hard. Or maybe it's too easy.

So your solution is to add more guns to the equation. And hire some minimum wage guy to do the job. We'll, it's imaginative, I'll give you that. Unfortunately, we have some clear examples that show that doesn't work all that great. Sometimes, maybe, but I think we can do better.

Well, let's see. Most of these mass shooter people are carrying a rifle and wearing a ski mask (it seems). I'm pretty sure any security guy worth a damn would see that guy coming a mile away. And no. Guards don't have to be paid minimum wage unless you want #ty guards. Why would the person keeping the place safe need to be minimum wage?

Obviously if you are not thinking in terms of hiring quality people to do an important job, you're not thinking right. If you have an example where someone hired some fat, stupid lazy slacker who couldn't care less because he's not getting paid well and that failed spectacularly to do the job, you have an example of something that was designed to fail.

How about this. Think more in terms of a well paid police officer posted in a place where something like this is likely to happen. Last time I checked, cops were pretty good at stopping criminals in situations where they can see the bad guy coming and they know what he's up to.

It seems like a better plan than trying to convince 300+ million people to give up their rights because # happens.

Maybe it's just me but when I read these stories of mass shootings, it seems like when the cops enter the situation, the problem gets solved rather abruptly. Putting a cop there before the bad guy gets there seems like a good solution to me.

edit on 26-10-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Notoneofyou

And I have to ask, was it a Sten? Or a Thompson ?

It was a Italian weapon, a Beretta Model 1938A. The guy who owned it was from Lebanon and was a collector of unusual weapons. He took me out to his range once to show off. His collection was pretty impressive.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   
OP your post is spot on. What we have to accept is this guns and bullets stuff would have been everywhere anyhow, once demand met a buyer, and anyone could get 1...Deep fake technology is about to weaponize likenesses, Now is the time to need guns...
edit on 27-10-2019 by 2ndTenor because: Spelling and Capitalization...

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: 2ndTenor

I would also like to add, in Mexico...Private citizens are better armed and amored than their Government, and with similar or superior training...

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I thought I would add this short video clip to illustrate my point in the OP.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
Yeah. They're called security guards. For some reason that's too hard. Or maybe it's too easy.

So your solution is to add more guns to the equation. And hire some minimum wage guy to do the job. We'll, it's imaginative, I'll give you that. Unfortunately, we have some clear examples that show that doesn't work all that great. Sometimes, maybe, but I tthink we can do better.

History proves arming all humans works (we did not extinguish ourselves) not only did the fear filled human arm itself against itself and predators, but needed these devices anyway to feed themselves (knives, spears, lances, slingshots, animal traps, hot glue guns, silly string etc). Everyone should be armed to be able to disarm. I prefer using words myself.
edit on 9-11-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2ndTenor
a reply to: 2ndTenor

I would also like to add, in Mexico...Private citizens are better armed and amored than their Government, and with similar or superior training...

Mean while, no time for anarchy or real change waged/organized against the government because the ham stringed public is too busy living in fear of murderous cartels taking over their towns. Some can afford to arm themselves or hire militias to defend..good for them but I wouldn't want to live there.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing
I had really hoped that this post thread would be a teaching moment for some about the futility of gun control in general since it would simply create a new group of criminals. The worst part is that up to the point they are told they can no longer legally own them. Many would never comply and it could catalyze an armed resistance to such unconstitutional and futile efforts. As is stated in the short video clip I posted above. These weapons can be made or 80% completed lowers can be obtained which the BATF does not consider a firearm. For that matter someone can simply finish a weapon when needed and until that point it is a paperweight.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I applaud you (your patience); but you do realize you are attempting rational discourse with lunatics? One can order uppers and lowers, that half of which are not considered firearms until someone starts regulating parts. BATFE has a black eye right now having been mislead by the Obama Admin. They conducted a bunch of illegal search and seizure raids in 2013-14 that for the most part struck an ALERT cord within some communities as to what to expect with more liberal gun control baloney. Take the firearms away from the 'no good nicks' and leave the white hats to their own creativity.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Didn't they seize a bunch of air-soft rifles and make a big deal out of it back during that time period? They even got on TV if I recall saying some crap like they could be converted to fire bullets or some such nonsense.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Bogus raids involved confiscating bb-guns that looked like *assault rifles* black powder long arms etc...it was insane. They were on a fishing expedition to find wayward 'fast and furious' guns (if you can believe it). Many decent citizens/Vets lost valuable collectors items, family heirlooms and darn good firearms. All that it took to receive a "Hi How Are You" swat raid on your home was a bogus search and seizure warrant signed by an out of county judge and a "concerned citizen" complaint.

edit on 11-11-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join