It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bern One Down

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: shooterbrody

He's been a state senator for 40+ years, when did pot go legal in HIS state?

recently
imo he is smart for jumping on this
it will get some of his burnie bros back

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Oppositeoftruth

An employer has every right to either NOT hire someone or fire them for having thc in a drug screening.

People get fired for drinking beer away from work?
Why would this be any different?

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Even if it was Federally legal a company could fire someone if they fail a drug screening so yeah, you could do it but the government can't guarantee you won't get fired.

Sports, military one will absolutely get cut loose. I work in IT and I actually hate when I have to work with teams in Denver. They are all high at like 9AM. Can't get # done.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Pot heads for the bern. Go, Murica.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I'm in my fifties, I nsayi legalize it with some restrictions. To be honest, part of the fun of pot back in the day was that you weren't supposed to do it because it was illegal.maybe this will turn off some of the youngsters. It is a gateway drug in the sense that you are opened to a new group of people that do different drugs

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Oppositeoftruth

An employer has every right to either NOT hire someone or fire them for having thc in a drug screening.

People get fired for drinking beer away from work?
Why would this be any different?

I'm not saying is right or fair, but beer is out of most people's systems when they get up the next morning and go to work. Now if you show up drunk you're definitely done. But think about it like this, I hire you knowing you smoke weed, you get hurt in the job, you want workers Comp, which means me filling a claim with my workers comp, basically an insurance company. The very first thing they do, to try and not have to cover it is a drug screening at the hospital. If you're positive, for one you don't get workers comp, and for two if this becomes a pattern of me hiring people who smoke Marijuana, eventually my workers comp is gonna drop me or raise my premiums to some astronomical amount. That's one of many reasons why employers pass on people who smoke da ganja, but like I said I don't necessarily agree with the whole thing but it's the way it is. And if you hurt another employee, it's gonna be ten times worse all the way around.

edit on 24-10-2019 by Oppositeoftruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Will he address how the War On Drugs is still alive and well and has changed its name to now go by the War on Sex-Trafficking? Or does that not suit his narrative in how he uses people to attain power for himself. Wow, so bold to come out in support of marijuana. Not one conservative citizen I know personally is for the criminalization of marijuana. Another classic example of framing your arguments against the ghost of an outmoded 1950s model and claiming "progressive!" Meanwhile actively endorsing the very same practice under a new pseudonym. This guy is such a phony and coward I'm consistently bewildered by those that can see through him.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Last year in 2018.... great point! All talk... just pandering for votes like all politicians
edit on 24-10-2019 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Even if it was Federally legal a company could fire someone if they fail a drug screening so yeah, you could do it but the government can't guarantee you won't get fired.

Sports, military one will absolutely get cut loose. I work in IT and I actually hate when I have to work with teams in Denver. They are all high at like 9AM. Can't get # done.

I sure wouldn't want my surgeon or airline pilot smoking anything before work.
And I agree with you, I've had my fill of working with drunks and stoners.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I'm in my 50s but I'm all for legalizing marijuana medically and recreationally at the federal level... but I still would not vote for Bernie. With all of his "give away" proposals we just cannot afford to elect this man President. Bottom line is even with the tax revenues that nation wide legal marijuana would generate it would still not be enough to pay for all of the programs he wants to enact. Money talks, bullcrap walks!

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

I disagree
They cant fire you for nicotine, alcohol, or other legal substances.
Should it be legal while they could fire you for on the job use, use away from work is none of their business.

Lawsuits would be filed.
It is not my fault they dont have a test for "right now".

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
I am pretty sure surgeons and airline pilots have different rules than other jobs.
I am pretty sure pilots have to refrain 8 hours prior to going on shift.

but at 10 hours till they can have a swill

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Bernie is correct on this issue, but it doesn’t make up for being wrong on nearly everything else he believes.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

I disagree
They cant fire you for nicotine, alcohol, or other legal substances.
Should it be legal while they could fire you for on the job use, use away from work is none of their business.

Lawsuits would be filed.
It is not my fault they dont have a test for "right now".

What. You can totally get fired from almost every job being drunk on the job and even smoking in unauthorized places. It's legal but with restrictions. Can't just do whatever you want with substances that alter your mind and reflexes and impede on the health of others.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Get high, everybody, get high.
Have you heard?
What's the word?
It's Thunderbird.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Medical has been legal since 2004. Recreational since last year.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
So, what if Bernie wins and yang is his VP.

If they get in, will we get legal weed and 1K a month?

That's like pretty much free legal pot for everyone.

A chicken in every pot, and a bud in every bowl!

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   
this may be a shock to many, but I'm totally against legalizing pot by executive order.
I'm totally against dismantling the second aamendment by executive order.
I'm totally against opening the border by executive order.

LEGISLATE!
Make these things executive priorities, push bills through Congress, change the law.
DON'T violate the law by trying to override it with executive orders.

I think we'll be observing just how temporary the relief granted by executive orders can be,, not over this issue, but mock my words (spelling intentional) - the E.O. is not the way to go.

ganjoa

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Trump should just legalize it now as a big FU to Bernie. Honestly nobody cares about this.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

That’s all I’ve been waiting to hear.
I’ve always liked Bernie. Now I love him

Every politician is a crook
Each year the world becomes more unfree
At least give us our cannabis

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join