It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Construction of new border wall in South Texas begins

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

DONNA, Texas (Border Report) — Heavy cranes, dirt movers and plenty of rebar could be seen as construction workers on Wednesday began building the first new border wall in South Texas just south of the town of Donna.

Border Report was able to shoot some video of the construction site before being asked to leave the area, which workers said was “an active construction zone” and not open to the public. Also, the border levee where we were standing is owned by the International Boundary and Water Commission, and its representative said we could not stand there.

But these first shots show that the wall is being built on the south side of the levee, as expected, and indicate how it will connect to an existing border wall that was built in 2008 under the 2006 Secure Fence Act.

Construction of new border wall in South Texas begins

To a lot of people this is a political issue. To me it is just a United States issue. One of the few things the federal government is tasked to do is protect the borders.

I don't care who pays for it, just get it done. You can not have a nation without borders. There is no question we have a problem at our southern border.

It is good to see Mexico is finally helping the US with this situation some, instead of helping the illegal immigrants. We still need a wall and other measures to protect our borders though. This isn't much but it is a start.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Do you happen to know who got the build contract for it, and what's being done to ensure they're only hiring legal american citizens?
Look at those jobs

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Strange...I thought a river separated Texas from Mexico. I don't see it in that photo.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

In the link

On Sept. 29, CBP in partnership with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers awarded a contract to Gibraltar-Caddell Joint Venture

Not sure about hiring legal American citizens and don't care since it is on the border. Just get 'er done!

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Strange...I thought a river separated Texas from Mexico. I don't see it in that photo.

from the quote in the OP.

the border levee where we were standing is owned by the International Boundary and Water Commission

So maybe it is behind the photographer?

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

That would mean this section of the wall will be on the Mexican side of the border?

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

How can you tell?

How do you know what side of the river we are looking at?

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I like how they say it's not new wall. It's all NEW and IMPROVED wall and not weak fencing. Then people saying well, it doesn't work. The border agents (the people that do this for a living) say it absolutely does work. They have the stats on it.

Only analogy I can come with is putting a new, high performance engine that looks strong on the dino in somebody's car. The owner however still hates the car. They say no, they'd rather hitch a ride to work. It's a level of intellectual honesty that can only be comprehended by the mentally unstable.
edit on 23-10-2019 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
I like how they say it's not new wall. It's all NEW and IMPROVED wall and not weak fencing. Then people saying well, it doesn't work. The border agents (the people that do this for a living) say it absolutely does work. They have the stats on it.

Only analogy I can come with is putting a new, high performance engine that looks strong on the dino in somebody's car. The owner however still hates the car. They say no, they'd rather hitch a ride to work. It's a level of intellectual honesty that can only be comprehended by the mentally unstable.

Right.
I don't get it either.
The reasonable Texans complain about the illegals cutting through their property. The crime rate is horrible due to the illegals, and the professionals have the statics to prove it will be effective in reducing crime!
Build that wall!

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

I like the idea of the canal to back up the wall. It’s really a great idea despite people laughing at it .

Alligators were native to the Rio Grande now and they see one it makes the news. I looked and counted 23 different endangered or threatened fish species in New Mexico alone There’s numerous wild animals and cattle it would benefit along with opening up huge stretches of land to agriculture . When they learn the facts farmers and ranchers should come on board .

The Arizona canal was built in Phoenix in the 1880s its 50 miles long and took two years. The farmers , ranchers and property owners would also benefit from property values going waasay up because of residential construction .

I think it would cause a huge economic boom for every state it stretches through .

It would be one hell of a back up barrier for the wall. The people making jokes about using a ladder to circumvent the wall. We will be able to ask them if they think someone can drag a canoe 5 miles through the desert ? Lol

Arizona canal

Edit;

Almost forgot snakes there’s endangered water snakes and other reptiles .

Not real big on the parana part though .

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
A monument to racism.....

My how low we've sank, what kind of country does such a barbaric thing.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Racism?

What a strange thing to say.

Allowing unfettered human migration across a country’s border suddenly NOW has something to do with ‘race’?????????

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   

So are you saying it’s only white US citizens who want the wall?
No coloured people, I bet no transgender or gay people want the wall.
No Latinos either, none, not one wants a wall, probably only white males

As an Australian, we want boarder protection as well, does that make me a racist?
We are pretty fortunate, we have an ocean as a wall.

Racism?

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

I can never tell if he’s being sarcastic .

Funny guy but tough to get a read on.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   

How is a border wall racism? Folks from south of the border can still illegally immigrate by overstaying visas the same way everyone else does. We just don't want people sneaking in COMPLETELY unannounced.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Whoosh!

That's the sound of your joke going over their heads.

I appreciate your humor though.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

I will give you a hint on reading him nowadays. He is thinking about running for office and is practicing to be politician, so everything he say's means the opposite.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

I will give you a hint on reading him nowadays. He is thinking about running for office and is practicing to be politician, so everything he say's means the opposite.

Oh!

And here was me thinking he was a Double Agent.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I think he read my reply and felt sorry for me. On the next thread right after I posted he posted this .

Obvious sarcasm but I was afraid to bite. Lol

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

Oh!

And here was me thinking he was a Double Agent.

Kind regards,

Bally

I'm a quadruple agent......

It pays more, and it's like twice as much hot women than the double agent spy world.

I'm so busy double crossing myself I barely have time to fill out the paperwork and my jaw is constantly sore.

I do it, for my country......
edit on 23-10-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join