It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jordan Peterson Isn’t Dangerous so Stop Censoring The Movie About Him

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

I never heard of this guy until today. Hes a Canadian with a decent educational background.

I *love* this guy!

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Peterson is brilliant, I've been a fan since before he blew up in the media.

As far as being dangerous, he is the most mild mannered, soft spoken and thoughtful, thought leader out there.

All the hub bub over Peterson is simply because he was against laws forcing you to use gender pronouns. It was about making a law that imposes on free speech. Not about him refusing to call a trans female/male by their preferred gender pronoun.

I'm sure most of his haters don't understand the difference in what I just wrote.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

I’d say he is great for making the extremes sides look ridiculous. He makes the middle look attractive.
Sadly, I fear he is more of a false prophet when it comes to his influence on Christianity. The article below lays it out.

Here is an article about Jordan Peterson and how he has influenced a new growth in the church.
DOES JESUS CHRIST KNOW JORDAN PETERSON?

Rarely have Christians been so excited about someone they kinda doubt is actually Christian. Some call him a false prophet, a heretic, a fool with a messiah complex who’s “trying to be God.” Yet Peterson remains popular, especially with white male ministers who are Gen X and younger.

Even those who think he’s a heretic believe the church has something to learn from him, if only because Peterson’s message is so appealing to men at a time when male church attendance is declining.

Here are some videos to illustrate my points.
He made pretty good name for himself with this one.
He dismantled the Extreme feminist Interviewer in such a simple and peaceful way. Textbook debating.

Here he dodges the question of if he is a Christian, then denying that he believes Jesus rose from the dead (major doctrinal belief for Christians.

I do like that he knows how to get a conversation started. He has a lecture series where he goes through the books of the Bible and makes a solid case Bible as source of knowledge and truths. He sprinkles in a lot of Nietzsche and Jung in there, but it set the stage to have a decent conversation about the idea of God. A spoon full of Nietzsche helps the medicine go down. Ha.

There is something appealing about someone who can make order out of chaos.
Jordan’s has great speaking and debating skills (regardless of frog voice)
I think he can make some positive change for all of us.
I however am keeping my discernment hat on with him.

If you get on the bus make sure you have a window seat so you can see where the driver is taking you.

edit on 17-10-2019 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
or is it a small minority of very loud far-leftists?

Man it is refreshing to see this distinction for a change, thank you!
I like Peterson, he is level headed, sensible and intelligent and I enjoy hearing him talk.

On a side note, his daughter, Mikhalia suffered from intense arthritis for years and after trying numerous methods for relief, she found that a carnivore diet basically cured her. Her father also benefited for this diet to fight off severe depression. Kinda crazy and interesting.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: Raggedyman

What are his bizarre thoughts about women

I really don't want to give his brand of misogyny any more attention or energy... and it would derail the thread's focus on censoring his views... so I will simply say that he should refrain from presuming to know what is really in the hearts and minds of women.

I think Peterson is one of the most dangerous men alive in the West today, intelligent, articulate and capable of teaching people to think for themselves

Except when he's doing their thinking for them? I don't see what you see. Yes, he's intelligent and articulate. He has a philosophy and an ideology which he expresses very well. But I don't see him teaching people to think so much as he's simply offering a philosophy and ideology that differs from the politically correct philosophy and ideology.

That’s pretty dangerous when people are sheared like sheep these days

Indeed. But no one is "sheared" without their consent and cooperation.

Crap, upon crap upon crap

What a cowardly reply Bo
Misogyny? Really, really, that’s a blatant lie, prove he teaches misogyny or, how ignorant you are, you choose

You know, everyone is being told how to think by Hollywood and the media, you are just upset that Peterson is competition to Hollywood and msm.

Your reply is vacant, nothing, has no value.
I guarantee you have no idea who or what Peterson represents, never heard of him till now or just responded the way your friends have taught you

If Peterson was as you suggested a misogynist , the media should have destroyed him, they can’t and Peterson is winning the war of truth
On a personal note, I am a father of 4 girls and married, I would not suffer a man who does not respect women in any way what so ever

You have no idea what you are talking about and anyone who has listened to Peterson would know you have no idea
edit on 17-10-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Boadicea

He dances around a subject with big words and awkward analogies he doesnt quite understand to confuse his audience.

Everything he says boils down to basically life is the way it is because its nature and biology. Deep down we are primitive apes. That's it.

His rhetoric isnt new or dangerous or radical, it's his fan base of young men who have become fanatic in his rhetoric, and take the ideas behind hierarchy far to literal and become confused when women arent playing their role on that totem poll.
This is why old, outdated and useless ideas like cultural Marxism have been dug up to point blame at something, anything for societal troubles.

I think people need to look past Peterson here and see what the real threat is, neo cons and neo libs force feeding american society into submission, by putting each other in the ring for no reason.

Yet Peterson terrifies people like you?
Terrifies those in power they demand him suppressed, have done everything to destroy him

And he is nothing?
Oddly enough, Peterson’s words are not to hard for me to understand, I am no genius, maybe your comments are a reflection upon your own inadequacies

Great go to point, all women are oppressed and white males are evil.
And they are
I now identify as a big fat black lesbian woman called Oprah, you must call me Raggedy Oprah, it’s what I identify as now.
If you dont, you could be charged with not abiding by my gender, sexual and physical identity, though i am a white skinny male
I choose my own identity, and demand you address me as I identify

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Aa reply to: Observationalist

The thing about this and why Peterson attracts Christians is simple.
In my opinion
He doesn’t offer a stupid arrogant ignorant answer, cookie cut from some atheist website or an atheist high priest
Peterson has reflected on his position, balanced his understanding and made a decision based on his own logic and thought
clearly Peterson is not a Christian and that’s his choice, at the least Peterson has considered his position, not just repeated another persons opinion

That’s pretty deep and that deserves respect

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Oh noes! The mean man on the webz is saying mean things to me because I won't jump through his hoops... whatever shall I do???

You should be absolutely ashamed of this response. I hope you didn't fall when your knee jerked. A personal ad hominem attack is the best you could muster? And somehow you think my ego -- and principles -- are so fragile that I'm going jump to fulfill your command? For that reason alone, I won't just say, "No, thank you," I will say, "Hell no!!!"

A simple Google search of "jordan peterson examples misogyny" provides 173,000 results. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks so. If you truly and honestly wanted to know, you could have and would have conducted your own search to find examples of Peterson's misogyny. Unless for some reason you do not need or want to know...

Hmmmmm..... I take exception to Peterson presuming to know what's really in the hearts and minds of women, and you freak out and presume to know what's really in my heart and mind.

Am I seeing a pattern here???

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

So nothing?
Where is your misogyny, a link to thousands of pages

No specifics, opinion based by crazy people with agendas

Please do better Bo

I can see a pattern, talk, no proof, where is the misogyny?
Come on Bo, you can do better, please

It will get boring if you don’t at least try

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Yes he is a threat.

Me cleaning my room is a hindernce to my genius, authority an creativity , since a messy is a sign of a one.

A woman telling a grown man to clean his room is embarrassment an a danger to liberty an mans second bastion of paradise...the first being the toilet.

Surprisingly one of his books got a buddy of mine off drugs.

If I clean my room, how am I supposed to feed the monster under my bed my dirty underwear?
What am I supposed to feed that thing, children?
edit on 17-10-2019 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Nope. You're gonna have to be bored I guess. Not my problem.

Or start a proper thread on the topic -- which would necessarily require research into these assertions of misogyny, as well as a thoughtful and reasonable rebuttal -- and I might deign to respond.
edit on 17-10-2019 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
In other words. You have no freakin' idea, you just heard that allegation from a fellow Leftie loon and are going with it....

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

You're the one looking rather triggered here. I didnt even mention white males or identity politics.

His rhetoric resonates deep into Male psyche more then it does for females, which is why he does trigger a lot of people who as you put it young white males.

Stop putting words into my mouth, I mean people "like me" are just dumb idiots right?

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

You called it an Ad Hominem but it was a statement to the fact you have no idea what you are talking about
And you can’t back it up
As expected
Just wanted to be clear for those following
Thanks Bo

Peterson rarely if ever gives a personal opinion, Peterson relies on statistics and science
When asked about personal opinions his reply is generally not to reply

When talking social hierarchies, Peterson points out the existing situations and circumstances and how they operate, he doesn’t offer alternatives or options, just deals in facts

“A thoughtful and reasonable rebuttal” to your post that was a moaning rant about someone you know nothing about, unlikely
Justify your comments and we can put down the swords.

People like you put words in his mouth.
edit on 17-10-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Yes I noted that, that was my point
You left a whole lot out

Obviously

Triggered, I can live with that, meh, don’t worry about it

I like Peterson, get over it, people like you, right

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I'm not a huge fan of Peterson -- he seems to have some rather bizarre thoughts about women

Can you elaborate? I ask honestly, because I haven't seen anything indicating such, all of the videos I've seen of him he comes across as totally sane and rational.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

I'm not a huge fan of Peterson -- he seems to have some rather bizarre thoughts about women

Can you elaborate? I ask honestly, because I haven't seen anything indicating such, all of the videos I've seen of him he comes across as totally sane and rational.

No he can't. He has already been asked to provide some evidence backing up his assertions and he can't be bothered...

Or likely, has nothing. He just said something he couldn't corroborate because it fits his narrative.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I like Peterson for the most part, I dont like the majority of his cult following tho. That was the point of my initial post. Guess it went right over your head because you're a emotionally suppressed young white Male or something.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
In other words. You have no freakin' idea, you just heard that allegation from a fellow Leftie loon and are going with it....

Please... think... your words speak of and for you. Not me.

What a morning. First I was scoffed at when I said that I'm not a Trump supporter and now I'm a leftie loon. The echo chambers are something else today!

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

Please... think... your words speak of and for you. Not me.

What a morning. First I was scoffed at when I said that I'm not a Trump supporter and now I'm a leftie loon. The echo chambers are something else today!

Then back up your allegations with SOMETHING.

eta: As a FEMALE I am very curious to learn about Peterson's alleged well known "misogyny" that I somehow overlooked. Can't you do a gal a favor?
edit on 17-10-2019 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join