It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW Alter Bridge CD WALK THE SKY Comes Out This Friday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Any fans? I was a Creed fan back in the day and really admired Mark Tremonti's guitar work in that band. Tremonti's guitar work and sound has evolved nicely over the years and his thunderous riffs are highlighted in all of Alter Bridge's songs.

Alter Bridge has a lot going for it...great guitar work, a powerful rhythm section and a great vocalist in Myles Kennedy. Some say this band's sound fits between hard rock and heavy metal, but I think AB is just a good, old fashion hard rock band, who consistently come up with catchy melodies and lyrics.

"Walk the Sky" is the sixth release by Alter Bridge and will be released this Friday, October 18, 2019. From what I can tell from the tracks released on YouTube, it will be another hit for the band.

edit on 10/16/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Love it! Thank you for bringing the band to my attention! I think I would classify it as heavy metal though.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Love some AlterBridge....
Anyone waitin to hear Scott's voice on the hot guitar intro
Shout for Creed.......!Oh hail yes
edit on 16-10-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I hear ya, but the metal bands I listen to seem a little more extreme and/or "prog" than Alter Bridge...Overkill, Sepultura, Mastodon, Insomnium, Gojira and Opeth.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Hmmm been awhile since I listened to them.

edit on 16-10-2019 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   

In my day, we didn't have so many genres of music. These days it can be confusing. I'm old, what can I say? LOL

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

OMG! Awesome! And...look at that face, those eyes. Wow! Oh yeah, the song is awesome too.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hey, I'm no spring chicken, lol. I just turned 58 and I agree with you about the number of genres there were back in the day. I have never really got into rap or pop music, but love just about everything else, including bluegrass. To this day, since I play bass as a hobby, I still listen to old Motown songs from the 70's, because of their funky, groovy bass lines.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: AccessDenied

OMG! Awesome! And...look at that face, those eyes. Wow! Oh yeah, the song is awesome too.

I thought you might like this one.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   

YAY!

I've been looking forward to their new album for a while. I've got tickets to go see them in December, which will be awesome. One of the few bands I like that I haven't seen live yet.

Not sure I'd class them as heavy metal though, probably more along the lines of hard rock.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   
good stuff thanx for sharing

if u like this type music check out Devin Townsend too

www.youtube.com...

top topics

join