It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 Ancient sealed Egyptian coffins found near Luxor

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
Wonder if these people thought when they died and were buried that they would stay that way?

Indeed, we have no right to disturb these graves. None.

Curiosity killed the cat.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

Wonder if these people thought when they died and were buried that they would stay that way?

To date no one has complained.

Well if the OP question to bring back actually could eventuate you just might finially get to hear complaints.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

Dont forget the curse

It keeps mouths shut [ pun intended ] i am a pyramidiot

What was it Howard Carter said on getting sacked from the dig If the truth be known Western civilization will fall overnight

Flinders Petrie was head and shoulders above those men

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Wait what? Zahi Hawass led the archeological dig? I thought this POS was ousted years ago. He is truly the turd that won’t flush.

S & F

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ
If he led the dig you better believe he took the really valuable things for himself.

Hawass has the personality of a jerk, but people like you two should let go of your inexplicable hatred for the man. It only betrays how deeply you have fallen for the lies spread by con men trying to earn a buck from rubes.
Hawass is a professional Egyptologist. He is simply no longer the Minister of Antiquities. That in no way impedes him from doing Archaeological work but, in this case, he's not even involved.

But he still spooks you, and for no good reason at all.

Harte

him being a "jerk" as a person is the TP on a quano sunday.
the real problem with him is he a narcissistic self centered @itch who thinks he is the end all and be all of Egyptology.
that if HE PERSONALLY doesnt think its important, relevant, didnt find it himself and/or counters what he says is "established fact" it doesnt exist/matter/made up / ect
if it has any chance of changing what he states is fact and/or "established facts" he will BURY IT .

some excellent examples.

first he claimed "there is no secret room in the Sphinx .
well an american (think he was american and cant right away remember his name) found a hidden door in back of sphinx.
Hawass admitted there was a room, went on tv showing "nothing there" but then would not permit further exploration of the room or what may be behind the wall or allow ANYONE to totally search the room.
proclaimed nothing there and would "investigate it later"/
that was last we ever heard of it.

then that same person claimed there maybe some hidden chambers underground near the sphinx
even suggested the legendary "hall of records"
Hawass claimed that is not true and cant exist.
well then the person though ground penetrating technology found chambers under the sand right next to the sphinx.
the indications were something BIG and at least initially looked like the legends of the "hall of records"
well again hawass grudgingly said there "MAYBE" something there.
then FORBID further investigation and claimed "I will investigate this and report anything I find" .
when questioned why no one else could gave one of his well used standard answers.
"to protect Egyptian antiquities "
then AGAIN nothing done or ever reported.

hell there is even a thread somewhere here on ATS where a mysterious entrance to an undiscovered underground area was found.
he put a gate on it, FORBID ANYONE BUT HIM AND "THE GOVERNMENT" from exploring it, and again that was end of it.

the facts show he is a self centered narcissist who thinks he is the end all and be all of Egyptian archaeology.
that NOTHING outside of "accepted facts" is allowed
how many discoveries and even history changing finds have been buried by this man ?

scrounger

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Wait what? Zahi Hawass led the archeological dig? I thought this POS was ousted years ago. He is truly the turd that won’t flush.

S & F

Sorry, I'm confused. Where does it mention Hawass? I can't see him in any of the pictures, or his name in the text.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Did you not click on the links?

In the very first link the OP provided, in the first video of that link, it states Hawass is the lead archeologist for the site. They also interview him in the video.

www.thesun.co.uk...
edit on 17-10-2019 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

S & F

Sorry, I'm confused. Where does it mention Hawass? I can't see him in any of the pictures, or his name in the text.

yea it's kinda strange he's not in any pictures, he is a big camera hound.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

In the very first link the OP provided, in the first video of that link, it states Hawass is the lead archeologist for the site. They also interview him in the video.

www.thesun.co.uk...

Yes, but a) I hate the Sun with the hate of a thousand raging supernovas - it's a vile rag that dumbs things down to an astonishing extent and b) I did read the other links, which didn't mention him.
Oddly enough I was in Egypt last year on holiday and my wife and I visited Luxor. Amazing place.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
So just curious, how long does it take before grave robbing becomes archaeology?

Just think, couple of hundred to thousands of years from now, some of us here could be appearing on whatever passes for an ATS forum in the future.

5032AD: "Breaking news! Early 2000's Internet dwellers coffins found in pristine condition!"

But seriously though, how long before you can legally dig up dead people and their possessions and nobody will give a damn?
Asking for a friend......

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

S & F

If he led the dig you better believe he took the really valuable things for himself.

Hawass has the personality of a jerk, but people like you two should let go of your inexplicable hatred for the man. It only betrays how deeply you have fallen for the lies spread by con men trying to earn a buck from rubes.
Hawass is a professional Egyptologist. He is simply no longer the Minister of Antiquities. That in no way impedes him from doing Archaeological work but, in this case, he's not even involved.

Harte

My disdain for him has nothing to do with him being a jerk. In fact, I get along with a lot of people who are considered ‘jerks’ by others.

Hawass is a known suppressionist of extremely valuable information. A lot of this due to his religious beliefs. Religious beliefs that didn’t exist for 1-3 thousand years after the sites he excavated.

I believe that when we die, we get a massive download of all the truth. Everything is unveiled.

You sir, are going to have a great deal of reckoning, when you do.

Hawass, is a self serving POS. There is no other way to view it.

And you’re using the phrase ‘con men’ to defend Hawass?!? 🤣

Sorry, but you've been fed a line of crap and swallowed it hook, line and sinker.
Con men. Making money. From rubes.

Harte

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Is he the one that made the girl piss herself and then when she did he fired her and said women shouldn’t be doing archeology? If it was him he is a big time asshole.

ETA. Yep, it’s him.

Stipulated.

Harte

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Wonder if they thought they'd get peed on.

Harte

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Let me Guess , but Zawi won't let Us see them Until they are " Washed " ?

Please point to any evidence that Hawass has any say at all in this.
Again, spooked.

Harte

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

Dont forget the curse

What was it Howard Carter said on getting sacked from the dig If the truth be known Western civilization will fall overnight

So we get to make up quotes and attribute them to dead people that can't refute them...

Harte

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Dont forget the curse

So we get to make up quotes and attribute them to dead people that can't refute them...

Harte

ebook4scaricare.com...

The discovery and excavation of Tutankhamun's tomb is one of the most famous archeological finds in history. But compelling evidence suggests the story we know is a sham—Howard Carter and Lord Carnavon actually discovered Tutankhamun's tomb several years before they told the world they did, looted it. re-sealed it, then led the world's media back to the site to claim their place in history. This book tells the story of the skullduggery that went on in the Valley of the Kings and how the famous Mummy's Curse, far from being something mystical, could well have been a systematic way of getting rid of those who were about to blow the cover on the secret of the find, and the secrets of the tomb.

That quote is in that book
edit on 17/10/2019 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: scrounger

S & F

Harte

him being a "jerk" as a person is the TP on a quano sunday.
the real problem with him is he a narcissistic self centered @itch who thinks he is the end all and be all of Egyptology.
that if HE PERSONALLY doesnt think its important, relevant, didnt find it himself and/or counters what he says is "established fact" it doesnt exist/matter/made up / ect
if it has any chance of changing what he states is fact and/or "established facts" he will BURY IT .

some excellent examples.

originally posted by: scroungerfirst he claimed "there is no secret room in the Sphinx .
well an american (think he was american and cant right away remember his name) found a hidden door in back of sphinx.

Discovered in the 1800's so not a "secret" at all.

originally posted by: scroungerHawass admitted there was a room, went on tv showing "nothing there" but then would not permit further exploration of the room or what may be behind the wall or allow ANYONE to totally search the room.
proclaimed nothing there and would "investigate it later"/
that was last we ever heard of it.

This "room" (actually a tunnel) has been explored more than a couple of times in the past - including in the 1800's.

originally posted by: scroungerthen that same person claimed there maybe some hidden chambers underground near the sphinx
even suggested the legendary "hall of records"
Hawass claimed that is not true and cant exist.
well then the person though ground penetrating technology found chambers under the sand right next to the sphinx.
the indications were something BIG and at least initially looked like the legends of the "hall of records"
well again hawass grudgingly said there "MAYBE" something there.
then FORBID further investigation and claimed "I will investigate this and report anything I find" .
when questioned why no one else could gave one of his well used standard answers.
"to protect Egyptian antiquities "
then AGAIN nothing done or ever reported.

Twice Hawass allowed drilling for exploration (the second time was also to look at groundwater levels) at the location you mention and what was found was a crack in the bedrock.
I guess he was supposed to email you personally on this?

You can't blame Hawass for your own failure to follow up.

originally posted by: scroungerhell there is even a thread somewhere here on ATS where a mysterious entrance to an undiscovered underground area was found.
he put a gate on it, FORBID ANYONE BUT HIM AND "THE GOVERNMENT" from exploring it, and again that was end of it.

If you mean the Cave of the Birds (Andrew Collins,) then you should know that it was discovered in the mid 20th Century by an Egyptologist.
Of course, Collins won't tell you this.
Again.
Con Men. Making money. From rubes.

originally posted by: scroungerthe facts show he is a self centered narcissist who thinks he is the end all and be all of Egyptian archaeology.
that NOTHING outside of "accepted facts" is allowed
how many discoveries and even history changing finds have been buried by this man ?

scrounger

There's no reason at all to think Hawass has "buried" any find. None.
Besides all that, Hawass isn't part of the Ministry anymore, and he's not even associated with this dig the thread is about.

Yet here we go off on a completely unrelated fantasy tangent about Hawass.

Harte

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

www.thesun.co.uk...

Video wouldn't load and he's not mentioned at all in any of the articles.

Sorry about that.

But the fact remains that Hawass has no power to "bury" any finds.

Harte

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Dont forget the curse

Harte

ebook4scaricare.com...

The discovery and excavation of Tutankhamun's tomb is one of the most famous archeological finds in history. But compelling evidence suggests the story we know is a sham—Howard Carter and Lord Carnavon actually discovered Tutankhamun's tomb several years before they told the world they did, looted it. re-sealed it, then led the world's media back to the site to claim their place in history. This book tells the story of the skullduggery that went on in the Valley of the Kings and how the famous Mummy's Curse, far from being something mystical, could well have been a systematic way of getting rid of those who were about to blow the cover on the secret of the find, and the secrets of the tomb.

That quote is in that book

So quote it.

Harte

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

I did quote the line from the book about Western civilization and got !!!, So we get to make up quotes and attribute them to dead people that can't refute them...

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Does this wondrous book explain what was in Tut's tomb that would cause all civilization to collapse?

...and if Tut had it how come HIS civilization didn't collapse?

lol

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join