It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thirsty!! OMG...Water like nobody's business!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The cows are thirsty. The dogs are thirsty...everyone is freaking THIRSTY!! I'm talking CRAZY thirsty!!

So I go out and fill the stock tanks for the cows (and steers, and bull). I just filled all the tanks up last Saturday....they're out now. These are 250 gallon tanks. They're dry. That's (3) tanks, bone dry...750 gallons...GONE!! ....in "four" days!!

In the same time, they ate 755 lbs of hay, their favorite. Jeezus!! These guys are PIGS; all of them!!

Anyway, I put another 700 lbs. of hay in the feeder last night. It's GONE this morning!! These pigs ate it all!

I swear, there must be some other cows coming into our pastures to eat at night, because there's no way our cows could eat that much in one night!!! And. the water consumption is crazy, just crazy. Two hundred plus gallons a night is just insane!! I mean, I know everyone is thirsty, but 200 gallons a night?????? That's a crazy amount of water!!

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Animals have a sense, for these things... maybe they sense tough times, on the horizon.

My wife has complained, that I am drinking more beer lately...

I hope they aren't connected...

Edit To Add: Our horses are our water guzzlers... we haven't noticed any significant change here. The ducks have been a bit twitchy, though...
edit on 15-10-2019 by madmac5150 because: Climactic ending added, for screenwriters...

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Tis apparently normal for each cow to drink a bathtubfull of water per day

Water is LIFE

Gaia and all her children sense something abrew with today's sun

And all the radiation were creating and blanketing in with chemtrails

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: serpo
Tis apparently normal for each cow to drink a bathtubfull of water per day

Water is LIFE

Gaia and all her children sense something abrew with today's sun

And all the radiation were creating and blanketing in with chemtrails

My ducks didn't say any thing about that...

They ate bugs, swam in their pool and pooped in the yard.

They were twitchy, because I promised to let them watch "Lethal Weapon" tonight... and the bulb in my projector burned out.

Ducks love Danny Glover.
edit on 15-10-2019 by madmac5150 because: I even made popcorn... I love my ducks

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Maybe a big freeze on the way? Or a rogue gang of deer?

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

My neighbor's four cows and one donkey love to hang out at my pond.

I am glad they aren't as thirsty as yours, or I would be without a pond.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

My neighbor's four cows and one donkey love to hang out at my pond.

I am glad they aren't as thirsty as yours, or I would be without a pond.

My ducks invade our neighbor's pasture, every spring flood. It's like ducky rumspringa...

They run home, every night... because we have a photo of Danny Glover on their coop.

Waterfowl LOVE Danny Glover... look it up. It's all true.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
Animals have a sense, for these things... maybe they sense tough times, on the horizon.

Edit To Add: Our horses are our water guzzlers... we haven't noticed any significant change here. The ducks have been a bit twitchy, though...

Might mean a tough winter ahead

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
cyanide makes animals thirsty, even if it is bound in fruits or veggies. Do you have any different plants growing out in the pasture this year? Is there a chance that a cyanide producing microbe has entered your farm? The cows are still healthy, so it isn't harming them, just making them drink more if this is the problem

I am not saying that this is the case, only that it is a possibility. I am sure you are supplementing salt for the cows and probably minerals of different kinds too. Are they eating the minerals? Are they peeing way more than normal?

Any chokecherry trees growing on your land?
edit on 15-10-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: madmac5150

Might mean a tough winter ahead

Long range climatology says that this will be a very cold year, central and northern Rockies. In all honesty, we are anticipating a rough year ahead. It's weather... it is, what it is.

Ranchers and farmers have been dealing with this crap... for millennia. We may go broke, feeding our animals this winter. That is reality.

The ducks may have to watch "Lethal Weapon", on VHS...

edit on 15-10-2019 by madmac5150 because: AFLAC

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I am sure you have looked, but any possibility of a leak?

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Diabetes?

Has their feed had a high molasses content?

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Funny thing you say that Flyingclaydisk. We've noticed the same thing with our horses the last few weeks...maybe a month.

We used to be able to go almost a week before refilling. Now they are using a half to 2/3 of a tank in just a day or two. We thought our tank had a leak. (One girl likes to put her front foot in and splash around once or twice a day.) It's one of the Rubbermaid type. it's older and it had a couple of plugged holes already. So we replaced it....but still. We look and the water has just disappeared.

We have been in a pretty good drought. Just got rain the last week or so and it hasn't been near enough. The pasture is baked. I was thinking with the grass so dry they weren't getting any moisture from the forage so they needed the extra water.

I know that doesn't explain your hay increase though. My girls are all easy keepers and subsist on pasture only this time of year so I don't know if they have been eating more. Possibly! And I was hoping for a mild winter.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I was hospitalized in July. When I got out, i couldn't drink anything but water, and it had to be ice cold.

3 months later, im drinking copious amounts of ice water, and bought a new Yeti tumbler with a steel straw. Let me tell you, ice water with a metal straw is the coldest water you can imagine. I go through about 60 oz of ice water a day, but now i also drink a diet 7up once a day, and still make my triple espresso's for breakfast.

I've gotten the wife on the hydrohomie kick now, too. She got her own tumbler after she went into the hospital in August for a week.

If i could get my son on the kick we'd have a strongly hydro powered house.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Same thing happened to my hummingbird feeder.

They would normally last a good three days. (I have several)
Then one day I cleaned them out and filled them fresh. I look out and they are empty, totally empty. In hours!

It was bees getting ready for fall. They never really bothered them before, but those little bees drained the feeders faster than I could believe.

I hope this isn't going to be another bad winter.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Our hummingbird feeders were drained by the increase of birds in the area during migration. We went from having half dozen birds making the circuit to having about 20 circulating them at all times for a few days.

Its the best investment we have ever made for the entertainment value. My mom lives with us and really enjoys the hummingbirds. The deer are free, and we have hundreds of those wandering around our neighborhood, too. But we still feed them watermelon and out of date greens.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: JAGStorm

Our hummingbird feeders were drained by the increase of birds in the area during migration. We went from having half dozen birds making the circuit to having about 20 circulating them at all times for a few days.

Its the best investment we have ever made for the entertainment value. My mom lives with us and really enjoys the hummingbirds. The deer are free, and we have hundreds of those wandering around our neighborhood, too. But we still feed them watermelon and out of date greens.

It sounds like an old people kind of entertainment, but that would be wrong. I have a lot of young people in my house, from grade school to college age and they are all mesmerized by my hummingbird feeders! The ruby throated hummingbirds are a sight to behold when the setting sun hits their little chest just right, it really looks like rubies floating!

new topics

top topics

join